Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ninjonxb
08.01.2013 , 12:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
If I wanted to unlock it on every character in my legacy it would cost me 8,800 cartel coins.

I just find their pricing irregular. It cost me 5.99 to buy Rise of the Hut Cartel but to unlock a companion on every character in my legacy (level 32) it would cost me ~40. Makes no sense to me.

note: I wasn't planning on buying her anyway, but I just thought I'd voice my opinions on the price.
No it won't That isnt how collections work. You will have to buy the first cartel unlock for 2100 CC. Than spend 700 CC to unlock her for all of your characters. For a total (regardless of how many chars you have) 2800 CC

BadOrb
08.01.2013 , 12:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins per character. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 cartel coins, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

edit: also you don't need cartel coins at all if you are legacy level 40, it is 1 million credits.
You better train in the force too. It's 700 Cartel Coins for collections , so that's for your whole account on ( EDIT ) all of the servers.

So I think it is great it is 2100 Cartel coins for the non-legacy unlock and the best method for getting her on your whole account on all servers is , 1 mil credits then the above mentioned 700 CC for the whole of your legacy on all your chosen servers. I think 300 k per character after the initial 1 mil credits is a bit high , but that's only because I have 16 characters.

Overall I'm happy she isn't cheap and that my legacy of over 40 has been worth the effort after losing my 18 legacy levels with the mergers.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

GrovesK
08.01.2013 , 12:41 PM | #13
The way I am clearly going to do this is buy the contract for 1 million on one character then unlock via collection for 700 CCs for the rest of the characters.
AmonRe - Commander of the Thirteenth Legion
The Ebon Hawk Server
Thirteenth Legion Recruitment and Guild News

MillionsKNives
08.01.2013 , 12:43 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
It's 700 Cartel Coins for collections , so that's for your whole account on a particular server.
I'm fairly sure that the collections system is account wide. Period. Not server dependent.

BadOrb
08.01.2013 , 12:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I'm fairly sure that the collections system is account wide. Period. Not server dependent.
Oh yeah , that makes three of us needing to train in the force. Meh. i will adjust my post. Thanks.

Still do you all remember the forums flooding with threads about how users weren't happy about the CC for Treek. Well at least she is expensive the other way thank god.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Vis-Tecum
08.01.2013 , 12:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins per character. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 credits, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

edit: also you don't need cartel coins at all if you are legacy level 40, it is 1 million credits.
fixed, 300,000 cartel coins would be ridiculous
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

hunterraaze
08.01.2013 , 12:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GrovesK View Post
The way I am clearly going to do this is buy the contract for 1 million on one character then unlock via collection for 700 CCs for the rest of the characters.
That's what I plan on doing.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia
Click here to give me free stuff! (And you too I guess)

Acortner
08.01.2013 , 12:54 PM | #18
What kind of companion is he? Tank, MDPS, RDPS, Heals?

Nibbon
08.01.2013 , 12:55 PM | #19
I indeed need to work on putting my thoughts properly in my typing. I had it right in my head ;p Edited my OP.

Nibbon
08.01.2013 , 12:56 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Acortner View Post
What kind of companion is he? Tank, MDPS, RDPS, Heals?
Can switch between tank and heal. Someone had put up a preview of his abilities somewhere - someone link it!