Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
08.01.2013 , 12:19 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Our first new Companion Character since HK-51, Treek, arrives with Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry. This mysterious alien mercenary is available for all character classes, and can be earned in-game or purchased directly from the Cartel Market. To help clarify these different options, here is an explanation of the different means to acquire Treek.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nothematic
08.01.2013 , 12:30 PM | #2
I know you want it to be a legacy bonus, but 2100 cartel coins? Screw that.

That's double the price of a bloody 'expansion' for one companion. PER CHARACTER.
Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Zaland - 32 Shadow |
Enairo - 41 Sentinel |
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

ninjonxb
08.01.2013 , 12:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post

That's double the price of a bloody 'expansion' for one companion. PER CHARACTER.
I am very happy with the price. It is just high enough for it to be less of a slap in the face to the people who have the legacy level and plan to buy it with credits and not to high for people who really "must" have it and don't have the legacy level.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

Nibbon
08.01.2013 , 12:33 PM | #4

Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins for the rest of your characters. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 credits, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

edit: also you don't need cartel coins at all if you are legacy level 40, it is 1 million credits.

*sorry wasn't thinking straight originally

Senkaru
08.01.2013 , 12:34 PM | #5
Too much for my blood. But its cool that BW is adding companions.

AidanLightwalker
08.01.2013 , 12:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I am very happy with the price. It is just high enough for it to be less of a slap in the face to the people who have the legacy level and plan to buy it with credits and not to high for people who really "must" have it and don't have the legacy level.
I agree. Now I feel like there is some value to my legacy level 50!!! I think this satisfies both sides.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Nothematic
08.01.2013 , 12:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins per character. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 cartel coins, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

edit: also you don't need cartel coins at all if you are legacy level 40, it is 1 million credits.
If I wanted to unlock it on every character in my legacy it would cost me 8,800 cartel coins.

I just find their pricing irregular. It cost me 5.99 to buy Rise of the Hut Cartel but to unlock a companion on every character in my legacy (level 32) it would cost me ~40. Makes no sense to me.

note: I wasn't planning on buying her anyway, but I just thought I'd voice my opinions on the price.
Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Zaland - 32 Shadow |
Enairo - 41 Sentinel |
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

MillionsKNives
08.01.2013 , 12:36 PM | #8
I'll probably buy the contract with 1m, and if I like treek I'll use the 700 CC for it to be account wide.

If I wanted to unlock it on every character in my legacy it would cost me 8,800 cartel coins.

I just find their pricing irregular. It cost me 5.99 to buy Rise of the Hut Cartel but to unlock a companion on every character in my legacy (level 32) it would cost me ~40. Makes no sense to me.

note: I wasn't planning on buying her anyway, but I just thought I'd voice my opinions on the price.
Do neither you nor the guy you're responding to know how collections works (or have trouble reading the description in the blog we're responding to)? It's a one time fee of 700CCs to unlock it account wide. At that point ANY character can use it without any additional fee.

GrovesK
08.01.2013 , 12:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins per character. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 cartel coins, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

It is actually only 2800 cartel coins to unlock if for your entire account of characters. 2100 for one character and then 700 to unlock it for all the other characters via the collections menu.
AmonRe - Commander of the Thirteenth Legion
The Ebon Hawk Server
Thirteenth Legion Recruitment and Guild News

oofalong
08.01.2013 , 12:38 PM | #10
Am I the only that thinks the variety of purchase options/legacy unlocks will cause more frustration than its worth? I love the idea of flexibility, but it requires complexity and that is the enemy of many people.
The Shadowlands
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Read my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.