Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

AAAAzrael
07.31.2013 , 03:28 AM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
It's hard to see who shot who when you focus on another target. Anyway, nobody is supposed to attack Xander during the droid phase and the droid aggroes independently of the usual mechanism whenever it causes damage. The only one here having any benefit of the shield is the healer.
Nah, it's easy. You just should see a steady stream of small read numbers over your head. If not, target him for split second and taunt. You can position yourself between droid and him when droid is paralised.

sithBracer
07.31.2013 , 10:15 AM | #622
Quote: Originally Posted by Tannasg View Post
3rd boss, after a long discussion about tactics we give it a shot. But even though I told him it was our job to keep the adds of the healers and channelers, our friend the jug happily ignores all the adds (including the first 2 largers droids) and goes for the cores. I think "ok, fine, I can do this bit solo anyways".
Blue phase; allright, not good but we managed. Orange good. Purple.. our friend the Jug runs around like a headless chicken trying to find a console to click. We fail purple, big add spawns. "Everybody on the big add, then cores again", everybody does, apart from our friend, he just keeps channeling away. DPS was slow, we fail purple again, big add spawns, we call a wipe.
Sigh, count to ten, **** happens. "Allright, now we've seen the fight, faster on the channeling, faster on the cores and it's fine."
2nd try, blue and orange went allright, purple was slow (because the 25k dps who was supposed to be in the middle decides to run out and help on the cores, even though he was told to stay in the circle), big add, wipe.
3rd try, blue and orange and even purple went allright, ofcourse I'm still soloing the adds. But then it's yellow (my turn to channel) the big add spawns and goes straight for my yellow partner. "Taunt the add". No reply, tank's doing dps on the cores. "TAUNT THE ADD!" (who has now reached my partner), still nothing. I can only sit by while the droid knocks my partner out of the circle, raising the shields. It is only then the jug comes running back mid, and starts attacking the add. Partner goes back in middle, I channel. But since the Jug didn't actually TAUNT the add, as soon as my partner starts getting some nice crits on it, it's coming for him again, knocking him out of the circle a second time. By now me and my guildy have had enough (and it was getting close to guild-raid-time) and leave the group. As soon as I loaded the fleet again, I whisper one of the DPS, who was helping out with explaining tactics and all, to apologize for leaving, and explain the other tank's behaviour, but he's allready offline.

I catch him later that same evening and we share a few laughs and come to the conclusion "There's always one..."
It's a little unusual for the tank to be channeling. Usually the tank stays in the circle and taunts adds away. Any particular reason for this?

VorKoom
07.31.2013 , 11:48 AM | #623
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
It's a little unusual for the tank to be channeling. Usually the tank stays in the circle and taunts adds away. Any particular reason for this?
It's a Hard Mode tactic so that you have maximum dps on the tightly timed Yellow core. Not really needed on Story Mode and in my opinion it makes Story Mode harder than it needs to be but some still use it.
Guildmaster
<Colours>
Casual PvE/PvP Progression Guild
The Red Eclipse EU. Colours Website

DarkFireShadow
07.31.2013 , 04:32 PM | #624
I refuse to believe that this tank didn't know what he was doing, how can you get to lvl 50 and not no what gear to get?, He later DC'd and we finished the FP with 2 DPS and me (healer) I didn't know commando's could tank so well
Edit: Took out names cheers wishingwell
http://i.imgur.com/R2a0T6N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s57xQkx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cpfHu5X.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jeaUCsr.jpg

AAAAzrael
07.31.2013 , 07:32 PM | #625
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
I don't think I have done it any other way until I helped DPS on my ALT for a friendly guild last week. It's pretty common among people I know. One tank for one big add is enough.

wishingwell
07.31.2013 , 10:23 PM | #626
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkFireShadow View Post
I refuse to believe that this tank didn't know what he was doing, how can you get to lvl 50 and not no what gear to get?, He later DC'd and we finished the FP with 2 DPS and me (healer) I didn't know commando's could tank so well
I'm not being a stick in the mud, but you may want to black out the names on your images. It could be seen as going against forum policy.

PLynkes
08.01.2013 , 08:25 AM | #627
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkFireShadow View Post
I refuse to believe that this tank didn't know what he was doing, how can you get to lvl 50 and not no what gear to get?
I saw a level 50-something Juggernaut (or maybe a Marauder - can't quite remember, but definitely a Sith Warrior) on the Imperial Fleet the other day. I thought his outfit looked cool so I inspected him to see what the pieces were. To my amazement he was kitted from head to toe in Willpower gear.

So I guess it's more common than you imagine.

wishingwell
08.01.2013 , 10:11 AM | #628
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
I saw a level 50-something Juggernaut (or maybe a Marauder - can't quite remember, but definitely a Sith Warrior) on the Imperial Fleet the other day. I thought his outfit looked cool so I inspected him to see what the pieces were. To my amazement he was kitted from head to toe in Willpower gear.

So I guess it's more common than you imagine.
I'm not saying this is the case, but with something like that it's possibly the result of some bad advice. I was once in a WZ where, while waiting at the start, a Sentinel asked, "Sorry to be a noob but I've seen some medium armor with Cunning and some with Strength. Which am I supposed to use?" I answered strength... everyone else answered cunning.

Now, you'd think a Jugg would get the hint by 50 after seeing all his armor selections from rewards are not only heavy armor but strength-based... but you never know. Or maybe he was roleplaying?

Qvasar
08.01.2013 , 10:55 AM | #629
Just met a Gunnery Commando on Cademimu HM that didn't use Grav Round... ever! In fact I have no idea what he used cause it felt like I was solo DPSing

I asked him about it and he didn't even reply. The only thing he said in the entire flashpoint was "droid first" before the first boss and then proceeded to attack the immune droid.

Sigh...

chuixupu
08.01.2013 , 04:09 PM | #630
My guild put together a 16-man hard mode Xeno, with a few pugs. There was a DPS Assassin in the group that didn't have a Charge selected. We asked, hey, do you want to select a charge? and he says "I don't know??" Apparently he had no idea what it was. He said "leave me alone, I just got this guy to 55 and I don't really know how to play it that well, I normally play Republic".
OK....but...how they heck do you get to 55 and not even notice something so simple, and then have the nerve to join a hard mode operation and act indignant when questioned about it? So next thing he did was pick the tank stance... /facepalm. We set him straight in the end, but, damn.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant