Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good Ideas For This Game

Avicii
07.31.2013 , 11:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Please no, never. The The new talent system in WoW is horrid and even more simplifies the game and is a big reason for many I know who left.

Overhaul the talent system with some sort of replacement? Sure. But copy WoW, hell no!
Agree I hate it as well. I don't mind SWTORs besides there are much bigger things that need addressed then ruining the talent trees. It really feels like they dumbed it down and I don't recall many people I played with liked it.

Icebergy
07.31.2013 , 11:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by makallitank View Post
Get rid of this massively bloated "talent" system, and go with the new WoW way of selecting a spec for your class, and then gaining core abilities from the old talent trees passively as you level up.
God no. That mess is one of the many reasons I quit WoW.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Amera
07.31.2013 , 11:22 PM | #23
Of most of the ideas that have been tossed around here, the talent one is probably the only feasible one.

And don't believe for a second that talent changes are the primary reason (or even a contributing reason) why people quit. There are a lot of vocal complaints about it, but relatively few people list that as a reason on their unsubbing form. In general, i think games should probably take one of two approaches: streamlined like WoW or insanely complicated like Rift. SWTOR is in the WoW circa 200708 mold of kind of sort of being in a nebulous gray area. The talents are there, but the choices aren't particularly meaningful.

I still don't think they'll dedicate resources to it right now, though. The one thing you have to credit Blizzard is that they will constantly iterate on their game. That doesn't mean the changes are always positive, but at least you know that almost every system is subject to change if they don't like it. Very few other developers are willing to make those attempts.

LordArtemis
08.01.2013 , 01:18 AM | #24
Battlefront 2 style PVE/PVP persistent space battleground with fighter and starship combat, capital ship combat, on foot fighting on ships.

Interior decoration mechanic for starships as powerful as SWG's housing decoration mechanic, and external colors and patterns.

Ability to craft combat droids and capture/train animal companions and sell them to players.

Pazaak that can be played against NPCs and other players PotC style, on our ships and on Nar Shadaa.

Swoop racing, PVE and PVP style.

Ability to write our own character bios.

Convert all orange armor and weapons to level 1 with no class restrictions and dye slots (weapon restrictions still apply).

Mechanic for subs to earn up to 100 CC a month engaging in in-game activities other than achievements.

Legacy mail and legacy cargo bank (shared cargo bay with shared EC bank).

Planetary heroic terminal by each starport that lists zero XP quests that direct you to NPCs and bounty boards that offer all the heroics on a planet...unlocks after finishing the planet bonus quests.

Summon tool for group leader to use to summon group members on same planet. Only for subs, cant be used in instances or in PVP areas.

Remove mods from all CM armor, reduce it all to level 1 adaptable armor and allow it to be collected.

Add top crafting RE tier for all weapons, armor and equipment that is level 1 orange adaptive with no class restrictions. So, green, blue, purple, orange.

Add single color dye slots to weapons and crystals.

Add chat bubbles for group use only with a toggle.

Add 1 point of presence for every legacy level for all legacy toons.

Allow temporary speed boosts to work on mounts for subscribers.