Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stockmks
07.31.2013 , 06:50 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Wow.. and I actually factoring in the game directors words into subbing this month. I actually got baited and switched.

I hope these technical hurdles are also effecting the next cartel market update, cartel ewok, and patch. Would be pretty telling where the priorities are if the next cartel update comes out smack on time.

Technical hurdles? I don't really buy that sorry. Sounds like a "fob off".

krazyfrito
07.31.2013 , 06:57 PM | #112
maybe the plan was to give the ewok companion free to all subs... so if your a sub you would get the companion at no cost... on all characters....????? or maybe just 1 free ewok for the character of your choice...

Coltraine
07.31.2013 , 07:09 PM | #113
It's very clear from Eric's answer that the higher ups are keeping him on a short leash on this one whatever that means. It's OK Bioware, you are forgiven. Those of us who are still left around here can handle a bigger breach of promise than that.

weejohnathon
07.31.2013 , 07:49 PM | #114
I wonder what Bioware would say if they lost all their subs and when they asked why we replied Sorry we did plan on subbing but due to some tech problems we havent been able to :P

idnewton
07.31.2013 , 08:56 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Why on God's Green Creation would they want to give out more of something that people are STILL crying about?
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
It's about how they handle it. If they said "Yes, we haven't forgotten about the second subscriber appreciation! We're giving every sub 500 more CC!" people would complain. But if they said "We did have something extra planned at the end of the month, but we ran into some technical difficulties we were unable to overcome. We'll be giving subscribers another 500 CC and will be looking for additional was to show appreciation to subscribers"

They're pretty much the same thing, but one shows a lot more thought put into it. So no, I do not believe that more coins would have made people complain if they had approached it right. But at the end of the day, anything is better than nothing, and nothing is what we got. A promise of subscriber apprecation just puts us back at square one.
Read.
4/5 NiM DF 10/10 HM DREAD OPS ETERNAL WARRIOR PVP BEST IN SLOT
LEVEL 55s: 13 PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50

Icebergy
07.31.2013 , 11:17 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post

Could it be that they've learned the lesson that setting the expectation that a gift is going to make subscribers feel appreciated, then coming through with a gift that requires zero thought and minimal effort while at the same time being at best tangentially related to subscribers' reason for subscribing is a very bad idea?:
If by this you mean "Could it be that they learned their lesson that their playerbase is a bunch of immature, whiny, entitled children", then yes, I would say they learned that lesson.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Icebergy
07.31.2013 , 11:20 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by stockmks View Post
Wow.. and I actually factoring in the game directors words into subbing this month. I actually got baited and switched.
Once again, people on these forums prove that they have no idea what the term "bait and switch" means.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

stockmks
07.31.2013 , 11:43 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Once again, people on these forums prove that they have no idea what the term "bait and switch" means.
Good point. Technically I was thrown by a false or misleading public statement by the game director, possibly a lie. Not exactly a bait and switch, yes.

... Thinking about it further.. I can't believe bioware actually chose the 'lets say nothing and hope they'll forget about it' approach. The fact that this was even in scope for bioware, well, at least could explain why there are so many bugs in the game.

Costello
08.01.2013 , 12:07 AM | #119
I don't much care for 500 CC's but since they have been granted before I find it strange that a technical difficulty has arisen for them to be granted again. Perhaps it is that people will save them and purchase the ewok companion with them rather than buy additional coins for this purchase that is the technical difficulty.

To me Bounty hunter contract week launching a week early for subs so we aren't fighting over the same resources of underworld informants would be nice and much appreciated as a subscriber.

Aries_cz
08.01.2013 , 01:48 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
I don't much care for 500 CC's but since they have been granted before I find it strange that a technical difficulty has arisen for them to be granted again. Perhaps it is that people will save them and purchase the ewok companion with them rather than buy additional coins for this purchase that is the technical difficulty.

To me Bounty hunter contract week launching a week early for subs so we aren't fighting over the same resources of underworld informants would be nice and much appreciated as a subscriber.
It apparently was something else than "yet another CC grant", or at least I understood Eric's post like that.
And Treek can be bought without Coins
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos