Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

shadowrouge's Avatar


shadowrouge
07.31.2013 , 01:59 PM | #91
Appreciated is a relative term. I feel appreciated just because I am able to play the full content of the game. Everything else "gifts, tokens of thanks" what ever are just gravy on the potato's on the plate.
Weekend Beta tester 11-11-11/ Thanksgiving tester 11-25-11

Inflicktion's Avatar


Inflicktion
07.31.2013 , 02:01 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
They don't make me go Hmmm, cause it's just a video game.
So you're willing to overlook shoddy practice because it's a video game (that we all pay monthly for btw), but when someone isn't it bothers you enough to call them out on the forums? Huh. . .

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
07.31.2013 , 02:09 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowrouge View Post
Appreciated is a relative term. I feel appreciated just because I am able to play the full content of the game. Everything else "gifts, tokens of thanks" what ever are just gravy on the potato's on the plate.
I don't feel appreciated because I am able to play the full content of the game. I Just feel like I'm getting what I pay for.

Just like when I go to a restaurant, I don't feel appreciated because I get to eat food that I pay for.

I don't feel appreciated when I turn on the lights in my kitchen; that light uses electricity that I pay the power company to provide.

I also don't feel appreciated by General Motors because I get to drive a Saturn Sky Redline (a very fun car, BTW) that I... wait for it... paid for.

That's just the relationship of consumer to service or goods provider. We consumers shouldn't feel that companies appreciate us just because they provide what we pay them to provide.

And that's fine. It's great, actually! As long as we feel we get what we paid for, everything's good in the consumer-provider relationship!

Now when a service or goods providers go out of their way to set an expectation that they're going to do something extra for us that will make us feel appreciated, then things become interesting.

If they actually follow through with something that takes some thought, maybe a bit of effort, and hopefully relates to why we pay them in the first place, that we consumers should feel that companies appreciate us.

If they follow through with something that really takes no thought or effort or, worse, is a thinly veiled attempt to get us to pay them even more money (coupons, "points"), well, hopefully smart consumers see that for what it is.

Back to one of my examples, if the restaurant were to offer me a free appetizer or dessert, yep, then I'd feel appreciated. Absolutely! OTOH, if it offered me a couple free napkins because the burger or ribs I ordered were very messy (the best way for them to be, of course) that wouldn't make me feel particularly appreciated. Especially if right before the server brought those napkins, she said, "I'll be right back with a gift that will make you feel appreciated!"
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

ikinai's Avatar


ikinai
07.31.2013 , 02:57 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Inflicktion View Post
So you're willing to overlook shoddy practice because it's a video game (that we all pay monthly for btw), but when someone isn't it bothers you enough to call them out on the forums? Huh. . .
I'm saying it's a video game, not the end of the world. Dragging this on and on and on like a child is irrational. A rational, logical thinking person would go 'Yup, lousy cartel coins.', and then move on with life.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
07.31.2013 , 04:10 PM | #95 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
07.31.2013 , 04:13 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
The good news is that they had planned something better than Cartel Coins again.

Bad news is they failed hard and couldn't even do the CC again.

Fail
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
07.31.2013 , 04:37 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
The good news is that they had planned something better than Cartel Coins again.

Bad news is they failed hard and couldn't even do the CC again.

Fail
And if they just threw us another package of Coins, people would still complain. Seriously, BW cannot win with some people here
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Repman's Avatar


Repman
07.31.2013 , 04:46 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
And if they just threw us another package of Coins, people would still complain. Seriously, BW cannot win with some people here
It's sad but true.

Heck I'd either take 100k Cartel Coins or they pay off my Escalade, BioWares choice
.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
07.31.2013 , 04:48 PM | #99
Wait what? so there actualyl was something extra planned? Nice!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
07.31.2013 , 04:54 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
And if they just threw us another package of Coins, people would still complain. Seriously, BW cannot win with some people here
I'll gladly give up a "free" 500 CC's for the pure comedy that is their customer relations.

It's seriously hilarious how detached from the playerbase they are. You couldn't pay people to make up stuff this funny.