Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

initial update and movie DL speed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
initial update and movie DL speed?

ghettosniper
12.22.2011 , 09:09 PM | #1
Is it normal to be downoalding the initial movie and whatnot at 100KB/s?

I have pretty darn good internet speeds with everything else and have at least a 5MB DL speed and this game is just not wanting to hit any higher than 140KB/s at any given time. I can understand that this is like the second day the games been out but seriously now I got a whole day of game time wasted.

zombiemannsev
12.22.2011 , 09:14 PM | #2
It's called a whole crapload of people trying to download the file at the same time as you. I have an average dl speed of 32mbps and I downloaded 80% of the game Tuesday night at 64kbps.

Patience young Jedi, good things come to those who wait

ghettosniper
12.22.2011 , 09:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by zombiemannsev View Post
It's called a whole crapload of people trying to download the file at the same time as you. I have an average dl speed of 32mbps and I downloaded 80% of the game Tuesday night at 64kbps.

Patience young Jedi, good things come to those who wait
yeah thats what i figured....just cant wait to play already holding up my coworkers that I am supposed to be lvling with. lol

zombiemannsev
12.22.2011 , 09:19 PM | #4
Trust me, I feel your pain. I try and stick to direct downloads of games to try and minimize the toll my gaming takes on the environment (no plastic DVDs/packaging etc when avoidable) but Tuesday I really wished I had bought a physical copy. I purchased the game about 6:00pm local time and finally got in to play at 3:00am.