Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dread Guard nerf - Catering to the Casual


FridgeLM's Avatar


FridgeLM
07.30.2013 , 06:14 PM | #121
Just popped in to say we beat you to another title, Aerroh. Two weeks ago, now.

Don't give up, I'm sure you'll kill terror before 2.3. Just keep pumping out that 4600 dps.
<Death and Taxes>

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
07.30.2013 , 08:12 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Just popped in to say we beat you to another title, Aerroh. Two weeks ago, now.

Don't give up, I'm sure you'll kill terror before 2.3. Just keep pumping out that 4600 dps.
8man.

k you're the best at everything. We get it. Move on.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
07.30.2013 , 08:43 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
8man.

k you're the best at everything. We get it. Move on.
8m > 16m pewpew lazers

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
07.30.2013 , 11:30 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
8m > 16m pewpew lazers
No, 16>8 in challenge and difficulty. Lighter DPS check, harder tanking and healing. Much more emphasis on group coordination, group availability, raid damage and pride. I say pride because there is LITERALLY NO REASON TO DO 16 MAN OVER 8. We don't get anything more other than the pride from killing something on the hardest difficulty setting.

8>16 in popularity and availability. Hard as **** DPS check, Light tanking and healing. Much more emphasis on group composition and synergy. I like 8 man because its about the individual players performance over the group performance so everyone is taking much more responsibility upon themselves. If it was easy to get 16 individuals on the same page as it is in 8 man. 16 man content would be widely more popular.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
07.30.2013 , 11:32 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
No, 16>8 in challenge and difficulty. Lighter DPS check, harder tanking and healing. Much more emphasis on group coordination, group availability, raid damage and pride. I say pride because there is LITERALLY NO REASON TO DO 16 MAN OVER 8. We don't get anything more other than the pride from killing something on the hardest difficulty setting.

8>16 in popularity and availability. Hard as **** DPS check, Light tanking and healing. Much more emphasis on group composition and synergy. I like 8 man because its about the individual players performance over the group performance so everyone is taking much more responsibility upon themselves. If it was easy to get 16 individuals on the same page as it is in 8 man. 16 man content would be widely more popular.
except that 16m content is easymode joketown. 8m ftw.

Also tough luck in tfb tonight airwolfe. Saw you guys wiping on DG for over 3 hours made me feel sad for you guys. I guess even with the nerf the DG are able to block all but the most hardcore guilds

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
07.30.2013 , 11:43 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
except that 16m content is easymode joketown. 8m ftw.

Also tough luck in tfb tonight airwolfe. Saw you guys wiping on DG for over 3 hours made me feel sad for you guys. I guess even with the nerf the DG are able to block all but the most hardcore guilds
No, this is far from true. 16 man on some of these fights are ridiculous because of over tuning. Withering Horror, DG, Keph, TfB, Titan 6, and Trasher are all much harder in 16 man mode compared to 8 man mode. That is six bosses out of twelve in the two current ops that are more difficult in 16 man than 8. DPS check is lighter in 16 man mode, but mechanics hurt more, are buggy and tanks are always getting **** a metric ton of damage that range 75-125% more.
<Hatred>
Dragonslayer Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*


JDotter's Avatar


JDotter
07.31.2013 , 12:14 AM | #127
Uh-oh another 8v16 fight gogogogo

namesaretough's Avatar


namesaretough
07.31.2013 , 12:46 AM | #128
People who have only done one mode claiming their mode is harder. Yawn.
Ratherbesmggln (Guardian) - Evrydayimsmggln (Gunslinger)
Severity Gaming - 16 man raiding on Prophecy of the Five
The Eternal Warrior (world only pre-2.4)

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
07.31.2013 , 12:51 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
People who have only done one mode claiming their mode is harder. Yawn.
Thanks for reminding me, forget the forums aren't usually a place for anything but rage and semen stained arguments. I digress Ansalem, it's not good to argue over it much, right or wrong.
<Hatred>
Dragonslayer Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*


namesaretough's Avatar


namesaretough
07.31.2013 , 12:52 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Thanks for reminding me, forget the forums aren't usually a place for anything but rage and semen stained arguments.
Pretty much. The same tired arguments over and over.
Ratherbesmggln (Guardian) - Evrydayimsmggln (Gunslinger)
Severity Gaming - 16 man raiding on Prophecy of the Five
The Eternal Warrior (world only pre-2.4)