Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Gunslinger Class Representative Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Gunslinger
Official Gunslinger Class Representative Questions

GalnarDegana
07.29.2013 , 08:48 PM | #1
Alrighty y'all, let's get down to business, shall we?

First off, kudos to SamuelAU, my "opponent" in the race for this position. He is a top-notch guy, and I hope he participates freely in the discussion here, because I greatly value his opinion.

Okay, next on the agenda is making a list of questions so we can run a poll to see where people stand on these issues. Below is a link to the spreadsheet I will be keeping updated as we go along. Keep in mind that for the next week I am getting ready to defend my masters thesis, so if I don't update within 15 seconds of you posting, it isn't because I don't love you. After that, things will settle down, so no worries there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing

A couple of quick things:
1. Check the spreadsheet to see if your question was already asked. If it was, reference it if you want to add additional info, so we can maybe get a question answered in a more specific way or something.
2. Depending on how many questions we get, it may not be possible to have all of them on a poll. If that is the case, I will be picking the best three or four questions per category and setting up a poll sometime in the future.

I look forward to hearing from y'all!

Geldarion

UPDATE 9/30 - As most of you have probably heard, the Class Rep system has been suspended until after Update 2.5 when class balance changes go through. See you all then!

UPDATE 9/2 - I forgot to put down when we are going to need to have this ready, which is Friday 9/27.

UPDATE 7/30 - Head over to http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665628 to start discussing the PvP questions! The Sniper Rep Paowee and I are coordinating the questions, since he is mainly PvE and I am mainly PvP.

paowee
07.30.2013 , 03:19 AM | #2
Sniper PVP thread needs help / more votes :|

Our pve questions are kind of on topic about the following things:

1. engineering/saboteur and if it is intended (17-20% of its DPS comes from covered escape/hightail it)
2. the general intention behind all 3 specs

(kind of pvp)
3. our offensive cooldowns are too "passive"

Check out the rest of the stuff here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...OUTR2aFE#gid=0

The PVP section could use more votes and discussion. The thread can be found here http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...73#post6606473
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Kurin
07.30.2013 , 12:20 PM | #3
I have a basic question, I'd honestly like answered for every single class, especially for the pure DPS classes:

When BW does it's analysis of DPS and balance across all specs/trees, what is the spec and rotation used for Sharpshooter, Saboteur, and Dirty Fighting?
<insert lots of characters here>- The Harbinger - Invictus guild.

ScytheEleven
07.30.2013 , 12:56 PM | #4
The most pressing Gunslinger issue by far, no doubt, is...

...when the fudge are we getting our 2nd A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler? C'mon now!

But in all seriousness:

It's really good that Snipers are going first, we can see the questions that they asked and also view their runner-up questions via their google docs sheet.

If it doesn't get picked, I really think the question regarding PVP vs PVE set bonuses should be addressed by the Gunslingers. BiS for PVE Slingers is to take the extra Orbital tick from the PVP set, and then stack for the 2pc PVE. Only spec that really *needs* the 4pc PVE is Dirty Fighting.

GalnarDegana
07.30.2013 , 01:09 PM | #5
I will update the top post as well, but all PvPers should head over to this page

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665628

where we will be discussing PvP questions for the sniper class. Paowee and I are coordinating since he is mainly PvE and I am mainly PvP.

ScytheEleven
07.30.2013 , 01:33 PM | #6
Ohmygodquestion5

Yes, vote.

_Motoki_
07.30.2013 , 07:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
I will update the top post as well, but all PvPers should head over to this page

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665628

where we will be discussing PvP questions for the sniper class. Paowee and I are coordinating since he is mainly PvE and I am mainly PvP.
I hope you guys will do the opposite when considering Gunslinger questions. I'm a PvE exclusive player here and want to make sure our concerns get represented since our rep is apparently primarily PvP.

GalnarDegana
07.30.2013 , 09:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by _Motoki_ View Post
I hope you guys will do the opposite when considering Gunslinger questions. I'm a PvE exclusive player here and want to make sure our concerns get represented since our rep is apparently primarily PvP.
Absolutely! That is the plan. Plus, we have to ask one of each, plus a wildcard. Be sure to share those concerns of which you speak!

paowee
07.31.2013 , 02:30 PM | #9
Gunslingers can vote on the sniper threads too >_<.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Flying-Brian
07.31.2013 , 10:42 PM | #10
I think the 3rd wildcard question is very fitting. But it should be opened up a bit more to include why can't gunslingers get a 2nd pistol with the same model as Flashy or Torchy, so they can be duel wielded along with the A-300.
Those are the 3 single reward pistols that don't have a match for a duel wielding class.