Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cartel Market offerings changing daily now???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Market offerings changing daily now???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MSchuyler's Avatar


MSchuyler
07.30.2013 , 12:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIntelligence View Post
Well I don't know what you are going to do but you have failed for the second time to advertise the Solus Secant properly, and as a direct result I have once again not been able to buy it.
Actually, you mean for the second time you failed to pay attention to when it was going on sale, despite advanced notice both times, and as a direct result of you not paying attention, you have once again not been able to buy it with CC.

I managed to snag one last time--and I'm not even a daily player. And as is quite obvious from your post, it is a desirable item, therefore worth more because people like you will bid it up on the GTN. Mine sold for millions immediately. /shrug

DarkIntelligence's Avatar


DarkIntelligence
07.30.2013 , 04:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
It was placed up for the weekend I believe.. since the Gree Event is Running.

And if you are really too bored with the game to log in... why do you need a Solus Secant? As a virtual door stop or something? Besides.. you can always buy one off the GTN.

Protip: If Gree Event = True, then Check CM once a day = in your best interests
You believe incorrectly, I can tell you that for a fact because I failed to check the CM only one day.

I want the mount because I collect them, so yeah I guess you are right it will just sit around in my virtual hangar... You know not unlike the cars of people who collect them IRL do...

As for your third point: hell no. I am not gonna spend credits when I have thousands of CM coins because I am subscriber and I don't use them for anything.

So while your "protip" does have some merit to it, failing to check the CM for a single day should not be punished so severely. In other words they should keep the damn stuff on there longer if they want anyone to buy it! But of course they don't really care about subscribers who buy stuff with their stipend since they already got our money. And that's another reason I am mad.
The Dark Side of the Force is my only master, the search for power, my only quest.
___________________________________________ _______________________________________

DarkIntelligence's Avatar


DarkIntelligence
07.30.2013 , 05:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
Actually, you mean for the second time you failed to pay attention to when it was going on sale, despite advanced notice both times, and as a direct result of you not paying attention, you have once again not been able to buy it with CC.

I managed to snag one last time--and I'm not even a daily player. And as is quite obvious from your post, it is a desirable item, therefore worth more because people like you will bid it up on the GTN. Mine sold for millions immediately. /shrug
If you posted that just to annoy me you succeeded. What was there advance notice exactly? All there was was an ambiguous dev. post goading people to keep an eye out for it during the Gree event, which I did, assuming like so many people that this meant during the whole event not ONE random day in the middle of it.

My post does not make it "obvious" at all that the item is desirable... In fact I don't even think that it is but as I have said before on this thread I want it simply because I collect them, but I am not going to give credits to GTN sharks like you when I have thousands of CM coins from my monthly stipend. But again as I said before, BW doesn't much care for that since they already got my money and thus only enable people like you to take advantage of their underhanded marketing tactics by letting you employ your own brand of those same bottom feeder tactics on the GTN!
The Dark Side of the Force is my only master, the search for power, my only quest.
___________________________________________ _______________________________________

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
07.30.2013 , 05:02 PM | #24 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIntelligence View Post
Well I don't know what you are going to do but you have failed for the second time to advertise the Solus Secant properly, and as a direct result I have once again not been able to buy it. So not only am I upset, because I was waiting for it for over a month just to miss it again because it was only up for a day that I happened not to log on (not in the least because of how stale the game has become), but you have also lost my business on this item... how does this benefit anyone? Next time either leave the item on for a reasonable amount of time or make sure to announce it properly. It's just my suggestion but frankly if you don't do something like this you are just going to end up losing money, up to you folks /shrug.
Hey Dark,

I am sorry for your frustration about this, although we certainly haven't advertised every single change that has come to the CM in regards to sales, we did actually talk about the mount and armor returning to the store. We got questions about that exact thing in our thread about the Gree event here and here.

Both of those items were on the Market from Friday morning through Monday morning CDT. I am sorry that you missed it, I can make no guarantees but I wouldn't be surprised if we put those back in the Market at some point. Especially around the Gree event.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
07.30.2013 , 05:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIntelligence View Post
So while your "protip" does have some merit to it, failing to check the CM for a single day should not be punished so severely. In other words they should keep the damn stuff on there longer if they want anyone to buy it! But of course they don't really care about subscribers who buy stuff with their stipend since they already got our money. And that's another reason I am mad.
If a game makes you mad, perhaps a break is in order. Games are supposed to be fun.

oJebuso's Avatar


oJebuso
07.30.2013 , 05:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
not going to happen, I will not be strong armed by "sales tactics" in order to spend more money, if you want it to sell make it a price that people will pay and keep it there! making it expensive and offering "sales" makes me feel like you are trying to push customers into impulse buys, which raises red flags for me and your company as a whole.
Those evil companies putting their products on sale.

Totally absurd, I mean, NOBODY does this EVER. How can they be such bullies!?
Javik - 55 Sent/Mara | Zavik - 55 Sniper
The Bastion
- -

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
07.30.2013 , 05:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIntelligence View Post
You believe incorrectly, I can tell you that for a fact because I failed to check the CM only one day.
Oh Really?

See below (and above).

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Dark,

I am sorry for your frustration about this, although we certainly haven't advertised every single change that has come to the CM in regards to sales, we did actually talk about the mount and armor returning to the store. We got questions about that exact thing in our thread about the Gree event here and here.

Both of those items were on the Market from Friday morning through Monday morning CDT. I am sorry that you missed it, I can make no guarantees but I wouldn't be surprised if we put those back in the Market at some point. Especially around the Gree event.

-eric
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIntelligence View Post
So while your "protip" does have some merit to it, failing to check the CM for a single day should not be punished so severely. In other words they should keep the damn stuff on there longer if they want anyone to buy it! But of course they don't really care about subscribers who buy stuff with their stipend since they already got our money. And that's another reason I am mad.
See above, and above. Whooopsie. The armor and the mount were up for the weekend, so clearly you failed to check the CM for more then a day..... you missed the entire weekend. Have to wait until next time I guess.

I too collect mounts, but you know what.. I purchase from the CM because IMO my thousands of coins are better spent unlocking mounts and other items for all my characters on my account.

Protip: pay closer attention during Gree Events......you know.. for that Gree Mount.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Smuglebunny's Avatar


Smuglebunny
07.30.2013 , 06:53 PM | #28
I almost never look at the CM. I use my free monthly CC for unlocks and consumables rarely. I have never purchased CC. I don't like the idea of it.

Oteefo's Avatar


Oteefo
07.30.2013 , 09:04 PM | #29
It just changed again.....different items up......
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa

DarkIntelligence's Avatar


DarkIntelligence
07.30.2013 , 09:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Dark,

I am sorry for your frustration about this, although we certainly haven't advertised every single change that has come to the CM in regards to sales, we did actually talk about the mount and armor returning to the store. We got questions about that exact thing in our thread about the Gree event here and here.

Both of those items were on the Market from Friday morning through Monday morning CDT. I am sorry that you missed it, I can make no guarantees but I wouldn't be surprised if we put those back in the Market at some point. Especially around the Gree event.

-eric
Thanks Eric. But I must be missing something because I know for a fact that the only day I did not check the CM was Monday (I was not on at all that day). I know I specifically checked on Friday and Saturday because we had raids on both of those days, and since I always log on early I often spend the time waiting in front of the instance portal browsing through the CM or Legacy tabs, just as I did on both of those nights. So I guess my question is where the hutt where they listed under? Because I distinctly remember going through all the pages and obviously not seeing it...
The Dark Side of the Force is my only master, the search for power, my only quest.
___________________________________________ _______________________________________