Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

rude players

jediharrsion
07.30.2013 , 02:30 PM | #1
I have noticed that there are a lot of very rude players in game lately. but nothing seems to happen when you report them..is there nothing that can be done?

Kilora
07.30.2013 , 02:32 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by jediharrsion View Post
I have noticed that there are a lot of very rude players in game lately. but nothing seems to happen when you report them..is there nothing that can be done?
Just /report and /ignore -- that is your best bet.

Technically, being rude isn't against the ToS. If they aren't harassing others, being excessively profane, etc. etc. -- nothing will happen to them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

dvrocc
07.30.2013 , 02:37 PM | #3
The best choice is to /report then /ignore unfortunately people are migrating to swtor from the panda game and that is loaded with /rude players, been for about a year. Bioware will get around to them /reports but they are understaffed or spread thin or something.
Mobo: Asus A88x-Pro FM2+ | CPU: AMD A10-7850 APU | Ram: Patriot Viper Xtreme 1600 8gb | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R7 250 2gb | PSU: Raidmax 680 Watt PSU | Case: Raidmax Aeolus V2 I OS: Windows 7 64 - bit

Rankyn
07.30.2013 , 03:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Just /report and /ignore -- that is your best bet.

Technically, being rude isn't against the ToS. If they aren't harassing others, being excessively profane, etc. etc. -- nothing will happen to them.
Pretty much this.
Unless they're spewing hate/profane speech and/or harassing you, there's no rule against just being rude.

/ignore them and forget about them.
That's what it's for.

MSchuyler
07.30.2013 , 04:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jediharrsion View Post
Rude =/= illegal

You don't specify what "rude" means to you, but if you are reporting people who simply have expressed attitude, a case could be made that you are the "rude" one. Besides which, there's nothing "Customer Service" can do with such a generic complaint as this one, with zero specifics. I hope you're not sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for an official response to this.