Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are you currently reading?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
What are you currently reading?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Paokzu
07.30.2013 , 04:18 AM | #21
The Inferno by Dante Alighieri
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

Tatile
07.30.2013 , 05:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Paokzu View Post
The Inferno by Dante Alighieri
But not the rest of the Divine Fanfiction?

turjake
07.30.2013 , 05:58 AM | #23
Currently reading: Terry Pratchett: Men at arms. Before that I finished Drew Karpyshyn's mass effect book: Ascension. Summer is good time to read scifi and fantasy

phantom_jeri
07.30.2013 , 06:10 AM | #24
currently reading Mark Danielewski's House of Leaves..

its so hard to read, that I wouldn't have bothered reading it at all if only it was not that expensive to begin with... X(

but I'm still waiting to be impressed since I am yet to reach halfway the book.

phantom_jeri
07.30.2013 , 07:34 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Excellent recommendation for anyone in this thread -- just started reading this last night.

"Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline

Its about an MMO simulation game (think Matrix) who's creator dies, and leaves his fortune to the first person to meet a single condition:

Find the easter egg I've hidden in OASIS (the MMO simulation game).

Spoiler
I'm a big fan of the book as well, and I remembered fantasizing that SWTOR will have an unannounced mission that will be uncovered by those who tends to love exploration, and that there is an easter egg that would give us some legendary items and/or title.

EricMusco
07.30.2013 , 12:53 PM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I am lucky enough to be able to fly and not drive to our events. Man...if I had to drive from Texas to all of these events that would be painful.

PSA: Don't drive and read.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Tatile
07.30.2013 , 12:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I am lucky enough to be able to fly and not drive to our events. Man...if I had to drive from Texas to all of these events that would be painful.

PSA: Don't drive and read.

-eric
But it's ok to pilot and read? I think they'd take away your license for that...

Also: nope, not finished War and Peace yet. I'm terrible at reading books... terrible...

Arlon_Nabarlly
07.30.2013 , 01:10 PM | #28
If I wanted to read, I'd have stayed with WoW.

BOOM!

Grayseven
07.30.2013 , 02:21 PM | #29
I'm currently re-reading my entire L.E. Modesitt, Jr collection. The "Recluse" series have always been one of my all time favorites but I've yet to read anything he's written that hasn't kept me awake for longer than I should be.

Also a huge fan of John Ringo and David Weber and am patiently waiting for their newest works to hit paperback since I can not afford to buy hardbacks the way I tear through books.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Euphrosyne
07.30.2013 , 04:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
But it's ok to pilot and read? I think they'd take away your license for that...

Also: nope, not finished War and Peace yet. I'm terrible at reading books... terrible...
I just started Dominic Lieven's Russia Against Napoleon. Tolstoy was, obviously, a very good writer, but getting one's history from him is probably not the best idea. (Not that I'm suggesting that you're doing that. But a lot of people do.) Lieven's book is a shade too pop-y and almost entirely too nationalistically colored for me, but it does fill a need and certainly discusses the campaigns, especially 1812, in as much or more depth than David Chandler's magisterial The Campaigns of Napoleon.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil