Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Electronet and Force Barrier...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Electronet and Force Barrier...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ghost_Spectre
07.30.2013 , 11:09 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
Ghost_Spectre,

I'm sorry that the poor descriptions in the tooltips have confused you. This works precisely as designed. The Hindered effect is not considered a controlling effect. Controlling effects are considered to be effects that cause you to lose control of your character's ability to move - things like Stun, Blind, Immobilize, and Slow. When Electro Net is used on you, notice that Slowed and Hindered are separate effects. You can use Force Barrier while Slowed, but not while Hindered. The Hindered effect allows you to maintain control of your character while active, but it specifically prevents you from using certain escapes such as the ones already listed in Electro Net's tooltip and Force Barrier.

Force Barrier is considered both a defensive cooldown and an escape, since it allows you to completely escape taking damage while it is channeled. If you are Hindered, and find yourself in a situation where you would like to use Force Barrier, then you may use Unbreakable Will/Force of Will to remove the Hindered effect. Then you can activate Force Barrier. Again, I apologize for the poor tooltip descriptions in this regard, as Unbreakable Will/Force of Will tooltips do not state that they remove Hindered (but they do).
Wonderful. You leave me no alternative because you people cannot write your definitions clearly regardless of how specific you make them. Thank you for answering; however, thanks to you, your "new" definition has screwed the Sorcerer/Sages again. I must think hard on whether or not to delete all characters, the game, and move on because you people cannot do what is right from the beginning. This is something I do not take lightly when making a statement of this magnitude. I have never quit a game over something of this nature because the MMOs I have played in have never had the problems that you and the rest of the developers seem to have when defining what is and what is not in this game.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Magnaus Juggernaut Tank Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guilds Light/Dark Holiday

NogueiraA
07.30.2013 , 11:11 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
Ghost_Spectre,

I'm sorry that the poor descriptions in the tooltips have confused you.
I can't deal with it.
Now we have to say "better tooltips please"?
Also, in S&V the sandstorm bypasses Force Barrier, my healer died while channeling force barrier.

Cripplers
07.30.2013 , 11:14 AM | #33
Mmmmmmhh

Stuff I can has yyeeesss?
Pewpew

Altheran
07.30.2013 , 11:16 AM | #34
I modified my quote to BW by adding this :

If Force Barrier cannot be stopped from starting, and if we consider its effect is the polar opposite of Electronet, then Electronet could as well be destroyed by Force Barrier at the same time it cancels itself. Like this, Force Barrier will have removed an hostile effect, and Electronet would have stopped Force Barrier from being an escape.

Ghost_Spectre
07.30.2013 , 11:21 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
I can't deal with it.
Now we have to say "better tooltips please"?
Also, in S&V the sandstorm bypasses Force Barrier, my healer died while channeling force barrier.
This answer is further proof they do all they can do to screw the sorcerer / sage players. They started with 1.2 and haven't stopped.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Magnaus Juggernaut Tank Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guilds Light/Dark Holiday

GatorAndy
07.30.2013 , 11:33 AM | #36
Did this just become a rage quit thread from an ability not working the way someone wanted it to?

To the OP: the BW post did tell you how to get out of it.

Kilora
07.30.2013 , 11:59 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by GatorAndy View Post
Did this just become a rage quit thread from an ability not working the way someone wanted it to?

Yes, I believe it did.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

NogueiraA
07.30.2013 , 12:08 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by GatorAndy View Post

No, it's a sucessive fails from BW that makes people rage quit.

DavidDemaree
07.30.2013 , 12:47 PM | #39 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
While I completely agree with you there's still one point where it doesn't work as intended : according to Ghost_Spectre, when in an attempt to use the Force Barrier while "forbidden" by Electronet, the ability is considered as having fired and goes in CD. However, other escapes do not act like this : they are simply forbidden and saved for when Electronet wears off, their CD do not initiate in an attempt to use. Having the CD of Force Barrier starting do not seem normal and is detrimental, especially considering its length.

If Force Barrier cannot be stopped from starting, and if we consider its effect is the polar opposite of Electronet, then Electronet could as well be destroyed by Force Barrier at the same time it cancels itself. Like this, Force Barrier will have removed an hostile effect, and Electronet would have stopped Force Barrier from being an escape.
That should not be the case. Force Barrier should be unusable while hindered. If you attempt to use Force Barrier while hindered, you should get a red, center-screen message that says something like, "Can't do that while hindered," and Force Barrier should not activate or go on cooldown. If you find this isn't the case, then please officially report it as a bug in the bug report forum.
David Demaree | Associate Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

renoxodus
07.30.2013 , 12:48 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Yyyyyyeeesssss! Use your hate! Come to the dark side!

Sounds like a rational decision. Good luck.