Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cartel Market offerings changing daily now???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Market offerings changing daily now???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
07.29.2013 , 04:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Clearly you're not familiar with the concept of retail sales.
They use the Pokémon marketing philosophy more than a retail one.

Create demand by manufacturing illusionary rarity via gambling bag packaging. Further manufacture false demand by pulling products when they stop selling and reintroduce them later as limited time offers.

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
07.29.2013 , 04:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
They use the Pokémon marketing philosophy more than a retail one.

Create demand by manufacturing illusionary rarity via gambling bag packaging. Further manufacture false demand by pulling products when they stop selling and reintroduce them later as limited time offers.
And the problem with that in a store that sells vanity items is...?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Glower's Avatar


Glower
07.30.2013 , 03:05 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Yeah, I love spending money on things when they're on sale but I really have no desire to go crawling the market every day just to see what's on sale.
^this
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
07.30.2013 , 09:42 AM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Depending on how often things change, we may not put out messaging every single time. However, we are going to work on getting some messaging out on our official Twitter account when the sales change. Due to character limits we still probably wont mention exact details on what is on sale each time but we can let you know to log in and check quick to see! Still, don't entirely rely on that since we may not message it every time. The best option will always be to just open the store quick and check if your logged on

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
07.30.2013 , 09:45 AM | #15
Will the sale items be on the Featured page or will we have to dig for them?
I mean, right now there are things on sale that aren't on the front page and if stuff that's farther down changes, we're probably never gonna see it.

Tatanka's Avatar


Tatanka
07.30.2013 , 09:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Depending on how often things change, we may not put out messaging every single time. However, we are going to work on getting some messaging out on our official Twitter account when the sales change. Due to character limits we still probably wont mention exact details on what is on sale each time but we can let you know to log in and check quick to see! Still, don't entirely rely on that since we may not message it every time. The best option will always be to just open the store quick and check if your logged on

-eric
Forum posts > tweets.

If you are going to start relying on tweets to convey non-site down info, how about adding a tweet crawler to the side of the forum pages similar to what SOE did after they decided to go tweet crazy as well. Even a crawler on the community page would be nice. Not convenient, but a start.
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

DarkIntelligence's Avatar


DarkIntelligence
07.30.2013 , 10:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Depending on how often things change, we may not put out messaging every single time. However, we are going to work on getting some messaging out on our official Twitter account when the sales change. Due to character limits we still probably wont mention exact details on what is on sale each time but we can let you know to log in and check quick to see! Still, don't entirely rely on that since we may not message it every time. The best option will always be to just open the store quick and check if your logged on

-eric
Well I don't know what you are going to do but you have failed for the second time to advertise the Solus Secant properly, and as a direct result I have once again not been able to buy it. So not only am I upset, because I was waiting for it for over a month just to miss it again because it was only up for a day that I happened not to log on (not in the least because of how stale the game has become), but you have also lost my business on this item... how does this benefit anyone? Next time either leave the item on for a reasonable amount of time or make sure to announce it properly. It's just my suggestion but frankly if you don't do something like this you are just going to end up losing money, up to you folks /shrug.
The Dark Side of the Force is my only master, the search for power, my only quest.
___________________________________________ _______________________________________

Chickensevil's Avatar


Chickensevil
07.30.2013 , 11:59 AM | #18
I agree it should be either on the site or prominently posted in game. If you want people to take advantage of a sale then you need to let people know about said sale.

If I was not willing to buy something to 1800 CC and you put it on sale for 1000 CC at which point I would be willing to pay for it, but then don't tell me about it... what good are you doing?

Also, I find it interesting the whole concept of putting something on sale or even removing items from the CM like you are trying to create an artificial *supply and demand* cycle... These are items that had a set production cost, and regardless of what you do, it will never really cost the company any more or less money to produce or make.

In fact, I would argue that the act of taking the time to put something on sale, remove from the market, put it back in the market, or relist it back at normal sale price is actually COSTING the company money, because you have to pay someone to take the time to make these changes, and you have to have a meeting (which costs time/wages) to hold to discuss the prices to keep constantly flipping the prices and remove/add stuff to the CM.

If something is not selling well on the CM then drop the price. You already made your "money" you were likely going to make by selling it the original price, so go ahead and drop it and leave it there. If something hits a point where it is not selling anymore at all then sure, remove it. Maybe bring it back at another date when there is a new slew of customers who don't have the items because they weren't around or weren't interested anymore.

Basically, I have no issue with you removing the old packs from the CM, cause people were likely not buying them anymore... so it was wasting product space... but all this bringing stuff on, taking stuff off, raising prices, dropping prices... it just frustrates your customers.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
07.30.2013 , 12:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Chickensevil View Post
Also, I find it interesting the whole concept of putting something on sale or even removing items from the CM like you are trying to create an artificial *supply and demand* cycle... These are items that had a set production cost, and regardless of what you do, it will never really cost the company any more or less money to produce or make.
You miss the point completely.

This is a marketing tactic.. to get you to check the market for "Featured" items whenever you log into the game. This is to promote more face time with players on the market. Takes about 10 seconds to do.. and if you don't do it.. no harm, no foul. Worst case, you miss a bargain on an item or a limited listing item.

PS: you don't have to buy anything. Just take the first 10 seconds of your game day to look at what is featured for that day.

Now.. I fault Bioware on this for not explicitly stating what I just did for you. Then again, they are playing a long game here, and so there is no reason for them to "hype" this new CM feature. Why? Because anytime they hype anything... the forum populace goes orbital either with the hype or against the hype. Better to just let it grow organically through the player base jungle drums.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
07.30.2013 , 12:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIntelligence View Post
Well I don't know what you are going to do but you have failed for the second time to advertise the Solus Secant properly, and as a direct result I have once again not been able to buy it. So not only am I upset, because I was waiting for it for over a month just to miss it again because it was only up for a day that I happened not to log on (not in the least because of how stale the game has become), but you have also lost my business on this item... how does this benefit anyone? Next time either leave the item on for a reasonable amount of time or make sure to announce it properly. It's just my suggestion but frankly if you don't do something like this you are just going to end up losing money, up to you folks /shrug.
It was placed up for the weekend I believe.. since the Gree Event is Running.

And if you are really too bored with the game to log in... why do you need a Solus Secant? As a virtual door stop or something? Besides.. you can always buy one off the GTN.

Protip: If Gree Event = True, then Check CM once a day = in your best interests
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.