Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icestar
07.30.2013 , 07:06 AM | #201
Ok, the representatives has been selected

Will be interesting to see if it works in this game or not
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

EricMusco
07.30.2013 , 08:26 AM | #202 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpethian View Post
Answering questions and working to fix class issues are two things different things, will you be working with the representatives to fix class issues and imbalances ?
The goal of the program is to allow a chance for each Representative to start a dialog about what is considered their classes top 3 issues with developers. I know sometimes Classes can feel ignored and this will allow a very direct dialog.

Will this guarantee changes are made to classes? Absolutely not, and I do not want to have that expectation in place. I can guarantee you though that our Combat team is very excited about this program to help get feedback directly from the players about each class. They will certainly use these top 3s to help inform future Class balance decisions.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Heezdedjim
07.30.2013 , 08:46 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The goal of the program is to allow a chance for each Representative to start a dialog about what is considered their classes top 3 issues with developers. I know sometimes Classes can feel ignored and this will allow a very direct dialog.

Will this guarantee changes are made to classes? Absolutely not, and I do not want to have that expectation in place. I can guarantee you though that our Combat team is very excited about this program to help get feedback directly from the players about each class. They will certainly use these top 3s to help inform future Class balance decisions.
For what it's worth, please make sure that you clearly inform the class reps what you expect to get from them. There appears to be some confusion and uncertainty about what exactly they should or can submit, and what they will get back in return.

The Powertech class rep, for instance, started a nice round up thread about the class issues, but he seems to think, and stated in the original post of the thread, that class reps can only pose "questions" to the developers, and not raise "issues" or give "feedback." So it looks like he thinks the class rep cannot just present to you that X ability, which is part of the core rotation, is badly broken, and maybe here are some things that players think would make it work again. Instead, the discussion there has been framed around abstract queries like "What is the role of a DPS Powertech in PvP?" Which, for what it's worth, I don't see that kind of generic Q&A helping anyone out, you or the players.

The way you have presented this, and the way you're talking about "getting feedback" here, it seems like this is meant to be a conduit for focusing the dialogue between players and developers in the hope that the biggest outstanding issues with each class will get brought to center stage and given a serious look, with either a serious and reasoned reply as to why things are as they are, or (perhaps) some actual plans for changes made.

If this is a correct reading of your plans for this program, then please make sure all of the class reps understand that.

paowee
07.30.2013 , 01:16 PM | #204
I think eric explained the duty of the class rep just fine. the problem is people interpreting it the wrong way.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
F
The way you have presented this, and the way you're talking about "getting feedback" here, it seems like this is meant to be a conduit for focusing the dialogue between players and developers in the hope that the biggest outstanding issues with each class will get brought to center stage and given a serious look, with either a serious and reasoned reply as to why things are as they are, or (perhaps) some actual plans for changes made.
You are right and this is what we are supposed to do. Check out the sniper forums (i made 2 threads related to the class rep job) to foster/facilitate discussion AND figure out
Quote:
the biggest outstanding issues my class has
and the method i have for determining this is by encouraging the forum people to vote on the questions.

Check the 2 Sniper questions discussion thread i started on the sniper forums, which eric has sticked for visibility http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Easy access the actual questions submitted by the community can be found on my sig https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...OUTR2aFE#gid=9

Note that the questions are only DRAFTS and whichever the community picks will be edited and fine tuned before submission (for us this is this Friday >____>.. 3 days to get everything done. And to think people are complaining why they didn't go first. We even started 3 days earlier (friday last week instead of monday when the reps were officially chosen), and we still aren't done / dont have enough votes.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

idnewton
07.30.2013 , 03:16 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by KrunchyMedia View Post
eric are u going to address the fact that half these representatives are pve'ers?
Which would make the other half of them PvP'ers... you really thought that one through.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

TheOpethian
07.30.2013 , 11:06 PM | #206

-eric
Fair enough, thank you for your answer ^^
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Alexandra Crow - Scoundrel TheOpethian - Assassin

ElitehunterDS
07.31.2013 , 11:00 AM | #207
That way you can stop ignoring the dialogue some class been trying to have with Bioware, almost a year ago?
Too little, too late.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Majspuffen
08.01.2013 , 05:43 PM | #208
6 questions per 2 weeks is extremely little. Especially when there's barely any word from the development team about anything in general. Just how understaffed are you? WoW often indulge in their community and they always voice their reasonings behind the changes that they make. Guild Wars 2, I can't say since I haven't browsed their forums much... but Guild Wars 2 releases content per 2 weeks and might become an E-sport so I would think their communication is good.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

WarbNull
08.04.2013 , 08:49 AM | #209
Interesting Idea but I have doubts that it will work well. I hate to be pessimistic but to me it just sounds like your are going to select a few people to come up with a very few amount of questions with a limit them on the subjects and then just maybe answer those questions, maybe. It is a way of avoiding all the other questions that are already being asked. Plus you leave yourself a loophole saying that it is all subject to change do to development constraints which just employs that encase the question asked is something that you do not want to answer then you have a way and reason to not answer it.
I think there will be a lot of questions suggested that you all can not get into. So I really see this going no where.

That is just what I see this as becoming.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

Suromir
08.04.2013 , 04:25 PM | #210
so it's basically pointless. it's just a QnA session besically that won't affect any change or address any real concerns other than "working as intended"