Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question for Australians who have had their account locked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Question for Australians who have had their account locked
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mr_Wolf
12.22.2011 , 08:53 PM | #1
Hey there, my account has been locked out because my security question kept asking me a question that I never chose and I'm trying to reach customer support. The international number they say to call if you live outside the USA, UK etc. dosent even connect for me. Just says that its not a number. I cant do anything about this at all. Tried everything (asking for help on twitter even) No replies, nothing. So as far as I can see I cannot get my account back which I have paid good money for.
So I'm asking if any Aussies have had the same issue and been able to contact customer support and what the number was that they called (might be extra numbers at the beginning I dont know about). Or also if a forum admin can pass my problem on to someone who can help me over the net or something. I'm at a loss here and cant see anyway of fixing this, worst part is it was no fault of my own and their overly paranoid and bugged out security system.

Smaois
12.22.2011 , 08:57 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Wolf View Post
Hey there, my account has been locked out because my security question kept asking me a question that I never chose and I'm trying to reach customer support. The international number they say to call if you live outside the USA, UK etc. dosent even connect for me. Just says that its not a number. I cant do anything about this at all. Tried everything (asking for help on twitter even) No replies, nothing. So as far as I can see I cannot get my account back which I have paid good money for.
So I'm asking if any Aussies have had the same issue and been able to contact customer support and what the number was that they called (might be extra numbers at the beginning I dont know about). Or also if a forum admin can pass my problem on to someone who can help me over the net or something. I'm at a loss here and cant see anyway of fixing this, worst part is it was no fault of my own and their overly paranoid and bugged out security system.
Greetings Mr_Wolf,

What exactly did you dial on your phone?

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Mr_Wolf
12.22.2011 , 09:02 PM | #3
Hey thanks for the quick reply, I dialed
442035642555 which was on the Customer Support page
and also
0044 203 564 2555 which was in the email that was sent to me about the problem.
Neither numbers connect, just get a message saying check the number and dial again.

Smaois
12.22.2011 , 09:08 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Wolf View Post
Hey thanks for the quick reply, I dialed
442035642555 which was on the Customer Support page
and also
0044 203 564 2555 which was in the email that was sent to me about the problem.
Neither numbers connect, just get a message saying check the number and dial again.
Greetings,

0044 203 564 2555 is the correct number to dial.

Did you try dialling from a landline or mobile phone?

Did you contact your service provider to ensure there is nothing preventing you from making international calls?

Mr_Wolf
12.22.2011 , 09:14 PM | #5
I tried from both a landline and mobile phone. pretty sure we are able to call international numbers on both

Mr_Wolf
12.22.2011 , 09:24 PM | #6
I really need help here, why you have to call customer support for this is beyond me. Fix this rediculous system.

Smaois
12.23.2011 , 01:24 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Mr_Wolf,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

We can confirm that the phone line is operating correctly.

Please confirm with your service provider that there is no bar on international calls.

To confirm, the correct number to dial is 00442035642555.

PeterRJG
12.23.2011 , 01:41 AM | #8
From Australia you need to do 0011 first, then 44 etc. Don't put 00 before the 44. So, from here in Australia, you'd call 0011 44 203 564 2555.
Lord Veussea Rolle - Lord Paevi Rolle - Wall of Light

BunnyM
12.23.2011 , 01:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterRJG View Post
From Australia you need to do 0011 first, then 44 etc. Don't put 00 before the 44. So, from here in Australia, you'd call 0011 44 203 564 2555.
0011 44 203 564 2555 semi-worked for me, in that I got as far as a recorded voice announcement stating that all the operators were busy and I should call back later.

Good thing there's an automated response email telling you the 'Contact Customer Service via email' form has worked and not just disappeared into the aether...

Oh wait, no there's not.

I get that it's been a humongous launch folks, and that CS are busy dealing with all the issues that come with launch, but really, an automated response to CS queries really is very, very basic Customer Service. Lift your game, EA CS.

Infynitee
12.23.2011 , 02:51 AM | #10
I am in the same boat mate.

While i can get onto the number, ive been waiting on the line for over an hour, and as much as i love the star wars esque music they play while on hold, i can't imagine the bills i must be racking up.

Also, yeah emailed them twice through the form, but would have no clue if it went through or not, no confirmation email or anything :/

I don't mind having to wait, just as long as i know there there is light at the end somewhere.