Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Spyderwraith
07.29.2013 , 09:17 AM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Put guard on the healer? No...don't ever do that.
I actually learned relatively early that guard on a healer is pretty useless in FPs anyways as their healing can not keep up with DPS pulling 10-12k crits every 5 seconds. the only time i put guard on a healer is in Terror from Beyond last phase.
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

Tachenko_Yuri
07.29.2013 , 10:10 AM | #602
Levelling sorc heal-spec.

Get insta group for mando raiders ... FLASHPOINT IN PROGRESS ... You Know It Can't be Good.

Pug's at mavrix varad, they're talking about a " strategy "

Reach the guys. Sin tank's in surging charge... Tell him to go on dark charge, but he doesn't see any change. whatever. Heatwave in italy, 35 38 degress here, no way I'm gonna start discussing'bout things.

Start mavrix. Damage's alright, but of course the turrets don't get hit, no taunts, and most likely no aggro moves. somehow I'm able to keep tank alive while the other sorc dps with a clue is able to off-heal himself and kill the turrets. other merc dps of course was shooting mavrix.

I die at the third row of turrets, cuz tank was too busy typing " well don't blame me if you don't wanna listen "

with the third set of turrets still alive, tank somehow kills mavrix..

Still told him to l2p though.

AAAAzrael
07.29.2013 , 10:25 AM | #603
This one is from yesterday. My second tank, a guardian, just got to 55, I sent over some gear, including full dreadguard armorings for set-bonus and some other stuff and decided to give him a try before evening HM run on my main. I used GF. Got into S&V. I come in, look at other people. Some cleared up to Styrak according to achievements, OK. There is a leader giving orders, OK. I ask other tank who is in full 69's if he's fine tanking the boss most of the time and I off-tank when he's thrown, as he has much better gear. He says OK. We go. Then it appears all healers stand to the side of the boss and get thrown out from under the shield periodically and main tank insists on standing at the rock in the middle of the DPS group getting them cleaved. So I moved to the generator like I always do and taunted the boss. Everything would be fine if the other tank didn't start shouting I should come to him and kept taunting off me, plus healers were getting thrown around all the time due to standing on the boss's side. It was a wipe soon. Later they told me I didn't know about tanking (I was only person in the whole group who cleared SM and HM, and no one ever cleared SM fully) and I should stand with DPS at the rock. I did that and somehow they healed through this....

Titan wasn't too special I was on adds duty although MT lost aggro a few times.

On Thrasher MT lost aggro on initial pull. I waited 3 sec, when boss was still mauling the DPS I taunted and turned him away. At that moment I saw a comment about "off-tank not knowing his job" in chat window. Somehow we downed the boss and 'leader' plus other healer left as they got their weeklies. I haven't done many OP's through GF but this one was certainly interesting.

DakhathKilrathi
07.29.2013 , 10:27 AM | #604
I was running False Emperor on my Balance Sage yesterday. Three of us under 50, and one 55 Sentinel. He wasn't playing that badly, really, but the tank was having trouble keeping aggro off of him. As would be expected, and he had the HP to take it for a bit.

But then I noticed... he wasn't healing between fights. So, before the HK fight, we have this conversation:

Me: (Sentinel), you wanna heal up first?
Me: Makes it easier on the healer.
Sentinel: i am dps only
Me: ...class out of combat heal.
Healer: XD
Sentinel: so i cant heal or tank
Me: ...I.
Me: Refuse to believe you got to 55 without knowing how to recover out of combat.
Healer: That's funny
Sentinel: yes i am a lvl 55

I gave up. So'd the healer, she spammed him with heals then recovered her energy. We went on to finish without any real problem, but wow. Just wow.

ZentheSecond
07.29.2013 , 02:57 PM | #605
Just another day and another hm 55 flashpoint, or was it?

Got in with a PT tank, Merc Dps, Op healer and myself PT Dps. I zone in say my hello and get down the hole alongside the tank for Athiss. Merc immediately comes out with the remark of "oh a PT Dps......great..." Now I know the forum talk about PT Dps being bad and this guy did to as the next comment out of him was "looks like we'll be skipping the bonus boss". Now I had done my customary look over gear before the first pull and no one was under geared. I did not make a comment, I only grinned as I watched the all to familiar bubble of gaurd appear around me. With which I replied to the Merc; "It seems the tank disagrees with your thought on PT Dps being bad. Looky who got the guard"

During every fight I managed to pull aggro to (to no fault of the tank I had him out geared with four piece and underworld off and Main hands). The Merc was rather silent and I just smiled to myself. Merc never pulled once nor used his dump, while mine was always on cd during boss fights.

Score one for the underpowered Dps.

Spyderwraith
07.29.2013 , 03:05 PM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
SNIP
Score one for the underpowered Dps.
Heh that entire post made me chuckle
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

amcdoog
07.29.2013 , 08:47 PM | #607
Hammer station HM, on my shadow tank.

I get put into a group with a commando heals, sage dps, and a gunslinger dps. First thing upon entering the FP the commando heals says "*** why is the tank in light armor, he must have BSed the queue." To which I say "Shadows are fine tanks." He replies "Heck no, you can't tank in light armor, let me tank I would be better." The sage facepalms and the GS laughs while I tell the commando that I have a tanking stance. He was in utter disbelief and could not comprehend how I could be a shadow tank. He even wanted to kick me and get a "Real" tank at one point. I go ahead and pull while the commando tries not to heal me, instead the sage uses his heal skills to heal me. We finally convinced him I was a tank and we go through the FP pretty easily except for the bonus boss which causes the commando some trouble, but we down it. He never said another word after the first boss.

I was just shocked how someone can get to 55 without knowing shadows can tank.

Allronix
07.29.2013 , 10:49 PM | #608
Well, I'm running with my usual partner in crime, a Guildie who has the nickname "Medbay" (DPS Guardian). Aussie on the American server even before the migrations. Lovely lady, up for anything, still getting the hang of gearing.

And I'll be the first to admit that I'm only a decent tank. I'll remember the basics (keep them angry at me so they ignore the healer, attack the big guy first so the DPS can deal with the minions, enable Kenetic Ward before charging) and a few tricks, but if work goes bonkers, it can be a couple weeks between even getting to play, much less running a flashpoint.

Fool's Company's Guild Review put it best: Meridius may be the friendliest guild on Bergen, but we aren't the most elite.

So, Medbay and Basic Tank throw ourselves into Group Finder for a basic run. We end up with a healer (I think he was Trooper) and a DPS Sentinel. Fair enough. Healer think he's hot stuff...maybe. Bit hard to read the stuff he was writing in chat with all the l33t speak and slang that put his age somewhere around 13. (And this is 2am - what are you doing up past your bedtime!) .

The DPS? German guy. OK, his English wasn't great, but it was better than my rusty German. He apologized for the language barrier, and I admitted I knew enough German to understand him, and say things like "Clicken Sie hier!" L33t healer was getting fried (at least that's what it looked like from the gibberish he was posting). German guy had also never run this flashpoint before...ever.

Medbay and I are cool with this. Healer rage quits. We queue up, but no nibbles - it's 2am. My version of Tharan beat their pair of Docs, so we ended up 3-manning the thing with a healer companion, the chat window a surreal combination of Australian English, American English, and German. Yeah, we got wiped a few times, but we managed to limp through.
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

Nkya
07.30.2013 , 02:04 AM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
You don't need guard on healer on Xander, rather you need a good tank I don't remember last time boss switched to someone else, and even so I have him focus target to taunt him immediately if I see that happening.
It's hard to see who shot who when you focus on another target. Anyway, nobody is supposed to attack Xander during the droid phase and the droid aggroes independently of the usual mechanism whenever it causes damage. The only one here having any benefit of the shield is the healer.

Zamppa
07.30.2013 , 02:23 AM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by DakhathKilrathi View Post
I was running False Emperor on my Balance Sage yesterday. Three of us under 50, and one 55 Sentinel. He wasn't playing that badly, really, but the tank was having trouble keeping aggro off of him. As would be expected, really, and he had the HP to take it for a bit.

But then I noticed... he wasn't healing between fights. So, before the HK fight, we have this conversation:

Me: (Sentinel), you wanna heal up first?
Me: Makes it easier on the healer.
Sentinel: i am dps only
Me: ...class out of combat heal.
Healer: XD
Sentinel: so i cant heal or tank
Me: ...I.
Me: Refuse to believe you got to 55 without knowing how to recover out of combat.
Healer: That's funny
Sentinel: yes i am a lvl 55

I gave up. So'd the healer, she spammed him with heals then recovered her energy. We went on to finish without any real problem, but wow. Just wow.
I'm pretty sure that sentinel had to burn some serious *** money to medpacks while leveling if (s)he used them to recover also out of combat
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris