Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kicking from group...?


wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.29.2013 , 11:17 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by SandsS View Post
I re-queued myself and the second DPS, who was -- although no gem -- at least trainable. We got a new DPS, I explained to them that we didn't need a tank to finish the fight (because Ortol 'hits like a pansy'), and we proceeded to three-man it with a DPS companion.
How was that possible ?
When you get a match on group finder, you get a match to a full group, whether is a "in progress" flashpoint or not it doesn't matter. I don't understand how you got only 1 people from group finder when you needed 2 replacements. You would get the 2 peeps or none at all. Or I'm missing something ?

Thuggie's Avatar


Thuggie
07.29.2013 , 01:47 PM | #72
This is what you do.

This is why I strongly recommend treating everyone you meat in pugs like garbage.

Constantly point other peoples flaws out. Cuss at them when they mess up. Laugh at their gear. Over all make them feel like a child. If they kick you who cares eventually you will find a group that won't take it personally. Then I would suggest rolling a sage, that way if anyone in the group has anything to say about your potty mouth, don't wait from them to remove you just run up right behind the tank and rescue him. As soon as he dies click exit area. Once the dust settles tell them you are sorry you fat fingered your rescue. By this time they will all be complaining, get in there rinse repeat.

Sure you will be removed, but you know what being removed from a FP sucks, but the laughter from the process of elimination = priceless

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
07.29.2013 , 04:30 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuggie View Post
This is what you do.

This is why I strongly recommend treating everyone you meat in pugs like garbage.

Constantly point other peoples flaws out. Cuss at them when they mess up. Laugh at their gear. Over all make them feel like a child. If they kick you who cares eventually you will find a group that won't take it personally. Then I would suggest rolling a sage, that way if anyone in the group has anything to say about your potty mouth, don't wait from them to remove you just run up right behind the tank and rescue him. As soon as he dies click exit area. Once the dust settles tell them you are sorry you fat fingered your rescue. By this time they will all be complaining, get in there rinse repeat.

Sure you will be removed, but you know what being removed from a FP sucks, but the laughter from the process of elimination = priceless
most people like to be corrected, because it helps them to get better.
when someone messes up really bad, we laugh at the situation and not the person
We do not laugh at their gear, we simply say: your gear is insufficient
when they're required to be treated like a child in order for them to learn, I will gladly do so
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

MissilyMilcasia's Avatar


MissilyMilcasia
07.29.2013 , 09:09 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuggie View Post
This is what you do.

This is why I strongly recommend treating everyone you meat in pugs like garbage.

Constantly point other peoples flaws out. Cuss at them when they mess up. Laugh at their gear. Over all make them feel like a child. If they kick you who cares eventually you will find a group that won't take it personally. Then I would suggest rolling a sage, that way if anyone in the group has anything to say about your potty mouth, don't wait from them to remove you just run up right behind the tank and rescue him. As soon as he dies click exit area. Once the dust settles tell them you are sorry you fat fingered your rescue. By this time they will all be complaining, get in there rinse repeat.

Sure you will be removed, but you know what being removed from a FP sucks, but the laughter from the process of elimination = priceless
lol this is a good way to become common on the populations /ignore list.

Only times I initiate vote kicks:

1) Negative, Draining Attitudes (Name Calling etc)
2) Need Excessively on Items Out of your spec that others need)
3) Refusal To Correct Mistakes
The Lightcrest Legacy
Aisthesis Antithesis
Mellyssia (Sage Heals) Missily (Guardian DPS) Marily (Vanguard Tank) Merion (Slinger DPS) Maylie (Sorc DPS) Milcasia (Operative DPS)

SandsS's Avatar


SandsS
07.29.2013 , 09:47 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
How was that possible ?
When you get a match on group finder, you get a match to a full group, whether is a "in progress" flashpoint or not it doesn't matter. I don't understand how you got only 1 people from group finder when you needed 2 replacements. You would get the 2 peeps or none at all. Or I'm missing something ?
You can get only one replacement at a time. Or at least I did...

I could use a break from the tough jobs.
[Scyras - Operative Healer - POT5 ]

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.29.2013 , 11:41 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by SandsS View Post
You can get only one replacement at a time. Or at least I did...
I don't remember the last time I needed 2 replacements in a fp, but it would suck that group finder gives you an incomplete group. I don't remember ever getting a match (on an ongoing flashpoint) with a partial group. I always see the full group, with everybody's names and classes

Few weeks ago, on an s&v run, a tank "disconnected" and a healer "was needed asap" on his main after the weekly got done. I asked a friend to heal. He accepted and queued right away. He didn't get into the group at that point. I was dpsing so I dropped the group to switch to my tank. It wasn't until I queued that my friend got the match to that op group (plus the dps spot I left)

Anyway, strange group finder may give you only one replacement when you need 2. Specially considering that there's a really good chance you don't complete the flashpoint if you dont have a healer or tank

Michirure's Avatar


Michirure
07.30.2013 , 01:49 AM | #77
maybe they got 2 replacements, but one left group immediately after port. Don't know why, but happens from time to time.

Ebazinam's Avatar


Ebazinam
07.30.2013 , 04:25 PM | #78
One must try to remember that most people have multiple 55's that also run lvl55 flashpoints. If i ignore someone on one of my alts, they get ignored on all of them. (4x 69/72 tanks, 3x 69/72 heals, 2x 69/72 DPS). Needless to say, it takes a lot for me to ignore someone. Poor gameplay won't do it by itself ( there are a lot of people that need help on properly utilizing their alts). Talking smack, not taking advice, needing on inappropriate gear/unneeded gear or mats combined with poor play would probably result in an ignore. If I ever got kicked by a group before the final boss for loot I would just do a help ticket and insure that my guild (currently the largest on my server) was aware of the situation and the culprits.

With all this said, I have never been kicked. I have had some guys that feel tat they need to give me advice. I'll take it, evaluate it and use it or not use it. I don't know everything and do occasionally learn something new.

Blastersponge's Avatar


Blastersponge
07.31.2013 , 09:46 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
I got kicked out of a Hammer Station 55 once on my Mercenary, for taunting off the tank.

Just read that and think about it for a minute.
Heh, don't feel bad I was told I was the worst heals ever and removed from reg mode Foundry....I was playing my sniper.
Why is only patience a virtue??..Why can't hurry the **** up be a virtue??

pan_sObak's Avatar


pan_sObak
07.31.2013 , 11:54 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Michirure View Post
maybe they got 2 replacements, but one left group immediately after port. Don't know why, but happens from time to time.
yesterday that was the case with me - i had to left just after loading into the flashpoint because of bug

i could move and see and autoattack with double click
all my interface go away - no bars, no chat, nothing!
i couldn`t even type "sorry, bugged" in chat

i logged off :-(
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!