Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paowee
07.28.2013 , 01:43 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
My votes would be for:

PVE: 6
PVP: 8
Other: (PVE) 8 (because it affects both PVE and PVP to some extent.)

I'm trying to come up with a couple of questions for the next 3 / gunslinger question allocation will update soon
updated
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Synavix
07.28.2013 , 02:30 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
They....lol dude there's only 3 people who have posted there so far. I haven't got anything against Paowee, my comments have nothing to do with him. People are posting here about the pve questions fine no problem with that but then voting on pvp here as well.
I have encouraged all the snipers and gunslingers in my two guilds to come here and contribute to the discussion and vote, and I hope they will. Unfortunately, the lack of any extremely pressing issues with the class (in my opinion) combined with the fact that we've often been on the lower end of the most played classes means that there doesn't seem to be much interest (which isn't entirely limited to just this AC, either).

Psylee
07.28.2013 , 03:20 PM | #33
PvE voting for row 8
PvP voting for row 5
Other question im intereted in is from PvE row 3

Thanks and good luck with questions
Disciples of Babylon
The Red Eclipse

dscount
07.28.2013 , 04:51 PM | #34
PVE: 8 (Silly we have to mix/match to get BIS Set Bonus)
PVP: 4 (Agree - Dot's seem kinda slow motion compared to other tree)

Third off the wall question: Can we trim down the NUMBER of items we can activate and move more to PASSIVE activation? I mean a single tool bar is only 12 slots.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

BetaKiller
07.28.2013 , 10:17 PM | #35
PvE row 5
PvP row 3

Extra: PvE row 8

Could not think of another question for this round >.< But those cover some of what I want to know, Engineering, Laze Target and DPS balance in classes.

Vaidinah
07.28.2013 , 11:34 PM | #36
PvE: Row 5

PvP: Row 6

Other PvE: Row 6
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

Danylia
07.29.2013 , 01:38 AM | #37
PVE: Row 6 (unless that's already covered in PVP row 3, in that case PVE row 8)

PVP: Row 3

Other: Either PVE row 8, or this - it's not in the Excel sheet, but it was suggested in an earlier discussion about the questions
Quote: Originally Posted by IronSalamander View Post
Scorpio is just a glorified Microsoft product ("time to upgrade", "I must upgrade",etc.) and I really want this thing off my ship. Kaliyo went from obnoxious to worthless really fast and I would love to dump her out the airlock.

AngelFluttershy
07.29.2013 , 01:57 AM | #38
Here are my votes:

PvP: Row 6

Other: PvP - Row 3

I like NoTomorrow's PvP question a lot more than the one I suggested.

Could I also suggest that PvE - Row 6 votes just go towards PvP - Row 3, or something similar? They are asking about the same thing except PvP - Row 3 asks about both offensive CDs rather than just Laze Target.

Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
That's the question in our minds. Is Engineering in an ok place right now? In paper, a few hundred DPS above the other specs on large bosses, and a few hundred DPS below the other specs on small bosses.

If say, you want Engineering to be close to the other specs across the board, then that means shifting a big bulk of its DPS from Scatter Bombs ( rolling ) to other abilities in the conventional single target rotation. That could mean nerfing Scatter Bombs and buffing abilities like SoS or EP or PP.

Imo: i hope Engineering/Saboteur stays the same (and that they designed the spec exactly like how we play it now). But who knows It is a good question though, if anyone wants to step in and formulate one (not sure i think it is in the spreadsheet already(?)
I don't want to derail the thread, but I'd like to provide clarity on this subject as my PvE suggestion was to alter Engineering to be more friendly in all encounters.

My intention isn't to ask for Engineering to receive buff/nerf in terms of DPS output to any ability. Like Paowee, I think Engineering is in a good place in terms of DPS and playstyle. Instead, what I'd like is that it gets some alteration to make its DPS more reliable in every fight. What I don't like about Engineering is that it's crippled in certain encounters. Not because of small targets preventing Scatter Bombing, but heavy movement and target swapping. For example, Dread Master Styrak prevents Engineering from being effective due to the moderate amount of movement on targets (Kell Dragon and burn phase) and rapid target swapping (Chained Manifestion > Lightning > Normal).

If you'd like extra explanation on what I mean, you can read my original post in the prior thread.

namesaretough
07.29.2013 , 06:27 AM | #39
I'd love to see answers to
PVE row 3
PVP row 3
PVE row 5

Loghaniosis
07.29.2013 , 08:01 AM | #40

PvP: Row 3

PvE: Row 3