Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time To Vote For Your Sentinel Class Representative!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Sentinel
Time To Vote For Your Sentinel Class Representative!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Who should be your Sentinel Class Representative?
JediMasterSLC 48 13.52%
Crawelc 33 9.30%
KrunchyMedia 64 18.03%
KeyboardNinja 192 54.08%
Tman_AC 18 5.07%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

JediMasterSLC
07.26.2013 , 04:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
The fact that I'm the "only one" to recognize anni/watchmans capabilities in pvp is a scary thought indeed.
Or maybe the entire PvP community isn't wrong and you just need need to wake up? Do you seriously think it's ok that it's not viable for ranked in any map? It's obviously great for duels and pug stomping, but why be content with relegating it to those PvP situations? It's very similar to the situation with scrapper scoundrel/concealment op. Anyway, we've had this argument before and obviously neither of us is going to concede, so we should probably just agree to disagree.

One last point, my youtube videos are hardly an indication of what I do. They are put up there for fun. I often contemplated not uploading them just because of the difference in performance when the game is fps dipping, and made worse when fraps is fired up. The reason I haven't been uploading as much lately is due to SWTORs continued performance degradation coupled with fraps own impact on fps. (Which has a serious impact on performance as a player) If you would like to meet me in game perhaps, I can show you all about annihilation, we can see who bursts who down the fastest, and who will really be the one made fun of.
That's fine- normally I wouldn't call someone out for underperforming in their videos- but since you're the one who started s*** talking the candidates, I don't really feel bad about it. What server are you on? Please, teach me your ways oh great one.

Which can easily be done given the circumstances of a match as outlined above. Nothing amazing there. High DPS does not = good player. It indicates an inability to execute your target.
Or just that a decent main fight occurred with competent healers on both sides.

Not at all. I merely care about my class and am voicing my concerns that players who have absolutely no idea what they're doing are being chosen to represent it. I wouldn't even take the opportunity myself if it were given to me, I don't consider myself to be the best, but I know more than those who are listed above, and that's a scary thought.
If you honestly think you know more what you're talking about than the current candidates, maybe you should run for the position next time around?
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

AngelFluttershy
07.26.2013 , 06:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I'm not sure exactly what credentials you're looking for. Screenshots of million+ damage warzones with high objective points? Videos of prospective representatives downing nightmare bosses? Testimonials from guild mates? Class representatives are to bring the *community* needs to the developers. Being a consistent forum contributor is exactly the qualification that matters. Knowing the class is important so you can communicate sanely and sift through what community questions are the most significant, but it's not like you need to be an Elite Warlord from Beyond to achieve that.
This is exactly what needed to be said. My vote was based on who knows the class well enough (i.e. knows the name of the abilities and can read the skill tree), who has proven to be a good communicator, and would respect the position and its role.

Whoever is the most skilled at PvP/PvE isn't what Bioware is looking for. Bioware just wants someone who can reliably relay primary concerns of the community about a class to the community team who hands it off to the combat team. To put it simply, they want someone to do the work of an intern without officially bringing them into the company.

drGudo
07.26.2013 , 06:52 PM | #13
KeyboardNinja all the way!
My vote goes to him.
Rheigan, Human Marauder Carnage • Pa'tong, Zabrak Powertech Shield Tech
<Dread Masters>
The Red Eclipse

Dage
07.27.2013 , 09:38 AM | #14
Let me know when you guys feel like putting your e-peens back in your pants. In the mean-time, I don't care if you've seen one of the nominated players do great one time somewhere somehow. Show me some screenshots/videos/written guides/parses or anything that can show me:
1. Their devotion and commitment to them being my representative.
2. Their qualifications and knowledge of the class (Otherwise it really is just a popularity contest).

Please BW, choosing representatives for class balance is a great idea on paper. Do not botch it up by wanting to speed up the process. If you don't want to put in the work, time and effort in choosing a well rounded and qualified representative, then do not do it at all. Otherwise, the least you could do is oblige my request for credentials.

Finally, I am posting this only in the sentinel forum but this truly applies to all advanced classes currently in game, I just don't have the desire to needlessly multi-post to prove my point. If you agree with me, please let your opinion be heard and spread the demand around. Oh, and keep the e-peens away from this.
Thalamir - SentinelValinor - Scoundrel
Mearas - GuardianTiberus - CommandoMerâxes - Shadow
Jigglemeister - SniperJiggly'civie - SorcererWhõ - Marauder

Dage
07.27.2013 , 10:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I'm not sure exactly what credentials you're looking for. Screenshots of million+ damage warzones with high objective points? Videos of prospective representatives downing nightmare bosses? Testimonials from guild mates? Class representatives are to bring the *community* needs to the developers. Being a consistent forum contributor is exactly the qualification that matters. Knowing the class is important so you can communicate sanely and sift through what community questions are the most significant, but it's not like you need to be an Elite Warlord from Beyond to achieve that.
Excuse the double-post.

You make me out to be unreasonable and crazy for asking such basic proofs of the people I'm voting for. Any and all of those would be great proofs of your qualifications to represent me. That said, none of you have provided any of these. I don't blame you for that, I blame BW in the way they are rushing the voting process. If you or any of the candidates don't have the time or desire to post these now, they I also assume you don't have the time to be my representative. Asking of me to fetch that data amounts to the same thing.

However, you even mentioning the title Elite Warlord as a proof for one to be a good pvp'er is reason enough for me to worry. All that title shows is that one has time, A LOT of it. And that one chooses to spend it in Warzones. That's it. Now, if you indeed believe that Elite Warlord is a representation of your skill in pvp, then I do not consider you qualified to represent Sentinels when it comes to PVP.

Titles such as 'from Beyond' are different. They imply you have the experience of the elder game content under your belt as well as the dps/ehps required to complete them in a timely manner. By all means, if you possess the title, then you should flaunt it.

Finally, I am grateful for your contribution and response and I expect the same from all other nominations. I also understand that your presence on the forums is a positive criteria for your nomination and I whole-heartedly support that. However, it is and should only be a minimal part of the reason I vote for you or anyone else, the rest being your knowledge of the class.
Thalamir - SentinelValinor - Scoundrel
Mearas - GuardianTiberus - CommandoMerâxes - Shadow
Jigglemeister - SniperJiggly'civie - SorcererWhõ - Marauder

Elear
07.27.2013 , 12:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dage View Post
Please BW, choosing representatives for class balance is a great idea on paper. Do not botch it up by wanting to speed up the process. If you don't want to put in the work, time and effort in choosing a well rounded and qualified representative, then do not do it at all. Otherwise, the least you could do is oblige my request for credentials.
You seem to be mistaken about class rep role, like so many other people.

BW wants to create some in-depth replies to issues community finds most pressing. But if they picked those issues, someone is bound to get mad "They avoid my issue on purpose". So they delegate responsibility of picking issues to community, and that is where class rep comes in. Gets selected. Gathers from community what he should ask about. Submits his list. And he's done. He might get called in if his counterpart from mirror class is unavaible 2 months later, but that's it. For next round of questions, next representative is selected.

Why oh why would they spend few months between each 4 month cycle of questions to carefully to pick who gets to make a list of questions? Representative does not get any power outside of his 3 questions. He can't get BW to do 'this' or 'that'. He does not provide any 'personal' feedback that BW is supposed to act upon. He makes list of 3 questions from community. We don't need rocket scientist with diploma and bunch of certificates for that.

KeyboardNinja
07.27.2013 , 04:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Riivan View Post
That was entirely uncalled for and uninformed. I have no idea where your persistent personal dislike for me is coming from, but I would respectfully ask that you take it elsewhere (or even better, take it up with me in PMs). Spreading disinformation around the forums is serving no purpose.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

TheCourier-
07.28.2013 , 12:47 AM | #18
I voted for JedimasterSLC. Hopefully he'll win the election for sentinel class representative so that watchman spec may finally get buffed and be a strong PVP spec again.

That being said, if Keyboardninja wins the election, please try to ask some questions about watchmen spec even though combat is the spec that you have listed in your signature.
Multiple characters on Pot5

JediMasterSLC
07.28.2013 , 02:03 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
I voted for JedimasterSLC. Hopefully he'll win the election for sentinel class representative so that watchman spec may finally get buffed and be a strong PVP spec again.

That being said, if Keyboardninja wins the election, please try to ask some questions about watchmen spec even though combat is the spec that you have listed in your signature.
Thanks, but as you can see, there's no way I'm winning this :/

I'm sure keyboard will do just fine at compiling the community's questions and picking the best three.
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

KeyboardNinja
07.28.2013 , 11:40 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post

I would *never* bias my questions simply toward the specs I prefer to play. They're not really "my" questions anyway; they are the community questions. Watchman viability in PvP is just as much a concern to me as Focus viability in single-target PvE fights.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)