Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paowee
07.26.2013 , 03:03 PM | #1
PVE Sniper AND Gunslinger community questions thread

This thread is for the discussion of the questions the PVE Sniper/Gunslinger community wants BW to answer.

The purpose of the spreadsheet is to make the questions "readily available" to viewers. I've added questions from the other thread and you can view them in this file https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...OUTR2aFE#gid=0

Quote:
As you compile your top 3 keep in mind that the goal is provide commentary and specifically questions to the development team which you wish have them address. Try to phrase things in the way of questions that we can answer.

Bad example: You guys are aware that we suck in PvP right?

Good example: We feel that in general our class lacks some utility and cc in comparison to other classes in Warzones. As an example (your reasoning), do you guys feel we are in a good place here? Do you also feel this is an issue?
We need 1 PVE question, 1 PVP question and one other (determined by most votes). If you find a question you like you can vote now or change it before our deadline which is 8/2/13 this Friday.

8/2 - PVE Sniper/Gunslinger community questions
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
pve 5
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
pve 3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaidinah View Post
pve 4
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
07.26.2013 , 03:10 PM | #2
Reserved.

BaineOs
07.26.2013 , 04:33 PM | #3
Looks good to me dude
Es'carli - Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse

paowee
07.26.2013 , 05:02 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Paowee, just so you're aware, I spoke to Bruce Maclean at the San Diego Cantina Tour about the /jump in place cluster bombs. He confirmed it was unintended, and to expect a fix in a future patch.
No questions about rolling in place i guess. It is going to get fixed soon.

AngelFluttershy
07.26.2013 , 06:25 PM | #5
Nice Paowee, I'd recommend making mirror threads in the Gunslinger boards that link to your threads over here once the voting for Gunslinger rep is done. The more consolidated this is the easier it will be to follow. I'd do it but I don't want to step on any toes or cause confusion.

Vaidinah
07.26.2013 , 07:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
No questions about rolling in place please. It is going to get fixed soon.
If it's going to be fixed soon, then I assume the developers have some idea on buffing Saboteur/Engineering damage to the point where it's much closer to the other specs. If we don't need to ask about rolling, we should definitely ask about what they plan to do with Saboteur/Engineering.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

paowee
07.26.2013 , 08:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaidinah View Post
If it's going to be fixed soon, then I assume the developers have some idea on buffing Saboteur/Engineering damage to the point where it's much closer to the other specs.
That's the question in our minds. Is Engineering in an ok place right now? In paper, a few hundred DPS above the other specs on large bosses, and a few hundred DPS below the other specs on small bosses.

If say, you want Engineering to be close to the other specs across the board, then that means shifting a big bulk of its DPS from Scatter Bombs ( rolling ) to other abilities in the conventional single target rotation. That could mean nerfing Scatter Bombs and buffing abilities like SoS or EP or PP.

Imo: i hope Engineering/Saboteur stays the same (and that they designed the spec exactly like how we play it now). But who knows It is a good question though, if anyone wants to step in and formulate one (not sure i think it is in the spreadsheet already(?)

paowee
07.26.2013 , 08:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelFluttershy View Post
Nice Paowee, I'd recommend making mirror threads in the Gunslinger boards that link to your threads over here once the voting for Gunslinger rep is done. The more consolidated this is the easier it will be to follow. I'd do it but I don't want to step on any toes or cause confusion.
Yes definitely, just waiting for their voting to finish. The Gunslinger rep can do the same when their deadline comes (and then the snipers can chime in on the Slinger thread).

I guess in total each class gets 6 questions each. 3 for "itself" and 3 from its mirror.

MasterJacer
07.26.2013 , 10:52 PM | #9
For my voting on questions:
For pvp I vote for row 4.
For pve I vote for row 3.
For other I vote for the concept behind the specs (as a both pve/PvP thing).
Yttrunchach: Sniper - The Ebon Hawk - <Nemesis>

paowee
07.26.2013 , 11:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
For my voting on questions:
For pvp I vote for row 4.
For pve I vote for row 3.
For other I vote for the concept behind the specs (as a both pve/PvP thing).
Masterjacer >_< We still want more questions. lol. But anyway sure i'll add your vote but if you change your mind just let me know.