Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando Class Representative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Commando Class Representative
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stockwizzle
07.26.2013 , 10:27 AM | #101
as of right now i think it is going between cash and maniac.. sooo..

when and if one of you take office how will ur top 3 priority questions look?
SUPANOOBA COMMANDO - POT5
*******EXODUS************************************* *******

cashogy_reborn
07.26.2013 , 11:06 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by stockwizzle View Post
as of right now i think it is going between cash and maniac.. sooo..

when and if one of you take office how will ur top 3 priority questions look?
- fix assault please?
- streamline/improve combat medic please?
- reduce cooldowns of our utility skills to reasonable levels please?

thats a broad overview. this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=662850 for more detailed suggestions

also keep in mind that commando will not be getting a turn until november of this year, and the potential questions will likely change. its the reps jop the be the voice of the community, and with Arenas being released shortly before our turn I would expect that to play a part in what the community would like the have the devs address
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

foxmob
07.26.2013 , 11:58 AM | #103
whoever wins, we lose....

j/k

in all seriousness, though, whoever wins, please seriously consider maniac's suggestion about using electro net as a debuff on guards. also, please ignore any chirping to reduce the abil's cd.

assault is a cluster^^^(, but gunnery isn't bad. it only looks bad because snipers have ridiculous abils to do the same things and have better utility. buff utility not dmg. I also think that utility buff would work well for combat medics.

gl with that whole assault thing (srsly ).
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

cashogy_reborn
07.26.2013 , 12:14 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
whoever wins, we lose....

j/k

in all seriousness, though, whoever wins, please seriously consider maniac's suggestion about using electro net as a debuff on guards. also, please ignore any chirping to reduce the abil's cd.

assault is a cluster^^^(, but gunnery isn't bad. it only looks bad because snipers have ridiculous abils to do the same things and have better utility. buff utility not dmg. I also think that utility buff would work well for combat medics.

gl with that whole assault thing (srsly ).
i like the idea for an anti-guard ability, but im not a huge fan of it being tied to electronet. that is putting a lot of eggs into one basket, and that basket has a 90s cooldown.

in my suggestions thread i proposed changes to Assault Plastique, which would include a short anti-guard debuff.
The King of Bads

ManiacDavis
07.26.2013 , 12:41 PM | #105
Whoever wins should really collaborate with the Mercenary representative. I would really like to have all four nominees join me in Skype so we could talk about the class/state of the game. I would stream this and it would allow fellow players to chime in and get their input from another source outside of the forums. It would also allow bioware to watch the discussions that we have. I was recently told by a bioware dev they looked at my 4v4 duel videos closely in making arenas

General Themes: Assault and Combat medic Concerns, dps burst consistency issues due to the nerf to crit
PvP Question: Lack of utility, compounded by assault/combat medic weaknesses
PvE: Ammo management

As I and others have stated before, commando having a de-guard, or purge of HOTs in the assault tree and tweaking a few abilities in combat medic could revitalize the class.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

cashogy_reborn
07.26.2013 , 12:49 PM | #106
id be down for that. like a town-hall type thing, sounds like a good idea
The King of Bads

ManiacDavis
07.26.2013 , 03:04 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
like a town-hall type thing
Exactly
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

foxmob
07.26.2013 , 07:38 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
i like the idea for an anti-guard ability, but im not a huge fan of it being tied to electronet. that is putting a lot of eggs into one basket, and that basket has a 90s cooldown.

in my suggestions thread i proposed changes to Assault Plastique, which would include a short anti-guard debuff.
I guess. I just don't want something so ridiculously OP that it's up 20s available every 40s. *cough* entrench *cough* and the utility has to be available to heals and at least 1 dps tree, pref an AC exclusive for all 3. :2cents: carry on.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

stockwizzle
07.27.2013 , 02:11 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
Whoever wins should really collaborate with the Mercenary representative. I would really like to have all four nominees join me in Skype so we could talk about the class/state of the game. I would stream this and it would allow fellow players to chime in and get their input from another source outside of the forums. It would also allow bioware to watch the discussions that we have. I was recently told by a bioware dev they looked at my 4v4 duel videos closely in making arenas

General Themes: Assault and Combat medic Concerns, dps burst consistency issues due to the nerf to crit
PvP Question: Lack of utility, compounded by assault/combat medic weaknesses
PvE: Ammo management

As I and others have stated before, commando having a de-guard, or purge of HOTs in the assault tree and tweaking a few abilities in combat medic could revitalize the class.
i like this idea i just hope that everyone is mature enough to do something like this
SUPANOOBA COMMANDO - POT5
*******EXODUS************************************* *******

-ALLAN-
08.20.2013 , 02:46 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
This is why I suggested in another forum that the assault spec needs some other form of utility to bring to the PvP setting. For example a debuff/purge removing enemy heals over time or a debuff to remove guard. This kills two birds with one stone by creating a hard counter to the overpowered Tank/Heal dynamic while also breathing some life into the class who lets face it, has been neglected by bioware (no in combat rez at launch, no interrupt at launch, etc.).

And I nominate ManiacDavis