Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Time To Vote For Your Powertech Class Representative!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Time To Vote For Your Powertech Class Representative!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dijskykiller's Avatar


dijskykiller
07.25.2013 , 06:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post
I still love playing my PT. It's my favorite toon in spite of its many flaws.

Thanks guys and gals in the PT community! I will do my very best to represent you.

Let's hope this is a step in the right direction in balancing our class.

Best,

Jerc Starr
Grats vod!

I am with Jerc on this one. Even though PT is not as appealing for others due to nerfs, i will never abandon it. It's the main reason i played this game, and will always be my main toon.

Ink-Blot's Avatar


Ink-Blot
07.25.2013 , 09:29 PM | #12
I read these threads and here about people saying this was nerffed and that was nerffed, and I can agree with some of it. I play every class except Mar and Operative currently, and I still consider my PT one of my top dps classes. I normally get in the top 3 dps is every warzone, and it is usually a smashes that will beat me out. I still think it is still a very strong class to play if done right. I had to tinker around with my build and I am still not fully augmented nor full Conquer gear. Despite all that, I still rock out major deeps, and running tank build is awesome as well. I think a lot of people just didn't give it a chance, but you should reevaluate the class and try it again. Congrats on the nominee though, and look forward to seeing you guys out there!
Sniper Shinro Mercenary Fulcore Juggernaut Starflame Sorcerer Ink-Blot
Assassin TiffaPowertech Cžnder

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
07.25.2013 , 10:10 PM | #13
I don't think it's concealment 1.1/2 bad, but knowing how to play it is kinda silly. it's still a simple roto. the big dpsers seem to be skipping the capstone talent, which is, imo, a symptom of a spec in major need of reevaluation. in my experience, the final two tiers of every tree should be the most valuable. if they're not worth taking just to go a couple more points into the 2nd tier of another tree...well...I guess I'm just repeating myself here.

but I'll agree. on a server of mostly mediocre and worse ppl, I see a couple pyro pts doing top dmg. dunno how it correlates with the good pvp populations. you're on p05. you tell me, I guess.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

xXsgtstinkerXx's Avatar


xXsgtstinkerXx
07.26.2013 , 02:48 AM | #14
Every class is viable in its own way. Any class including powertech can top dps in a wz because as long as you keep hitting people you're getting more numbers.. A powertech will NEVER top the dps charts in pve though. Any class is preferred in pve for dps over a PT. I love the class to death and enjoy it but why would I want to play it if I can hop on a marauder and do better without trying half as hard? I hope some change comes from this.

Ink-Blot's Avatar


Ink-Blot
07.26.2013 , 06:50 AM | #15
Smash is stupid OP. So of coarse you are going to get out damaged. If a smashey can't get top DPS then you have no idea what you are doing. I do agree with the fact that not getting the top tier ability is stupid. I don't get it when I run my Pyro build. I do get the top tier in the Advanced prototype/middle tree, but it is just a lack luster build atm. There is a hybrid tank build that uses 30-34 points in middle tree that is pretty good to run. I don't see how near top dps in pvp wouldn't transfer over to pve. If you have the gear for both it would be near the same, if you know how to play the class. I don't run that much pve period so won't argue the point with you. The game is still unbalanced in many ways, but all we can do is just get used to it. It's not like they are good at fixing anything without breaking something else.
Sniper Shinro Mercenary Fulcore Juggernaut Starflame Sorcerer Ink-Blot
Assassin TiffaPowertech Cžnder

Vhaegrant's Avatar


Vhaegrant
07.26.2013 , 11:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ink-Blot View Post
I don't see how near top dps in pvp wouldn't transfer over to pve. If you have the gear for both it would be near the same, if you know how to play the class. I don't run that much pve period so won't argue the point with you.
I don't run that much PvP on my Powertech but have noticed you can inflate their 'Damage done' and 'Kills' values by spamming AOE and Taunts. While looking good on the scoreboard it doesn't necessarily translate to 'Killing Blows' or 'Solo Kills' hidden away in the meta-panel information.
I have always thought PvE requires a greater focus on single target damage.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, just that the numbers on the final scoreboard can be misleading.

xXsgtstinkerXx's Avatar


xXsgtstinkerXx
07.26.2013 , 03:00 PM | #17
Yeah I'm talking single target damage in pve every class should beat PT depending on the fight. Dps in wz's don't mean anything because you can just dot and aoe everyone and get max damage. It doesn't work that way in pve because you can't just die and your heat go away, you have to be very careful with heat management. And no I'm not a noob to the class it's just that powertechs really can't compete for top damage in pve because the class as it stands now is pretty much broken. PTs can do well in pve but not great. Some guilds do run top notch PT dps in ops and do fine but I guarantee that if they had any other class of the same skill they would do better.

nDjiin's Avatar


nDjiin
07.27.2013 , 07:13 AM | #18
This is the first I had heard of all this - I really hope they actually pay some attention to you. Just dont be one of those players who thinks just because his guild has cleared progression content (and the rest of the DPS has carried his him) that the PT class is not broken.
Kovacs - Powertech Warped - Marauder
Hypnotik - Operative Simulcra - Sniper
Margorach - Sorcerer

Niorith's Avatar


Niorith
07.28.2013 , 04:39 AM | #19
Grats Jerc!
Niorith - 51 Powertech
Dvoryn - 50 Sith Juggernaut
Shiman - 40 Jedi Shadow
Chi-gon - 24 Jedi Knight

af_raptura's Avatar


af_raptura
07.29.2013 , 02:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
I don't run that much PvP on my Powertech but have noticed you can inflate their 'Damage done' and 'Kills' values by spamming AOE and Taunts.
Taunts do not effect the kill column on the warzone stat sheet. They only effect protection numbers.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.