Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poor availability of willpower focused item components?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Poor availability of willpower focused item components?

Athiator
12.22.2011 , 12:12 AM | #1
So, maybe I'm missing something here, in which case please enlighten me, but willpower focused item components seem to have deliberately nerfed availability compared to other options.

I'm talking about the 'resolve' components which are high willpower some endurance, compared to 'force-wielder' ones which are high endurance, some willpower.

For the last couple of planets (currently lvl 29 on alderann) I have visited both vendors and commendation vendors will only sell 'resolve' modifications at a level or two below what all the others are, across all the components (Mod, Armouring and lightsabre hilt).

To be specific, at the Alderaan commendations vendor:
Hilts:
Force wielder 12 and 13 (13 = +19 end + 15 wp)
Resolve 11 (+11 end + 17 wp)
Armouring:
Force Wielder 12 and 13
Resolve 11
Mods:
Force Wielder 12 and 13
Resolve 12 (+10 +20)

Does anyone know where to get them except someone with cybertech? Am i missing something? Or am I doomed forever to have the endurance of a tank when running instances if I try to keep my gear with level appropriate armour, instead of my primary stat for my role (be it DPS or Healer) if I use modable gear?

spinedoc
12.22.2011 , 05:17 PM | #2
I've been noticing this too, it's all commendation vendors as far as I can see. If you have level 10/11 for force wielder you only have level 9 for resolve. Anyone care to guess why this is? Seems the gear is more directed towards dps inquisitors than healing inquisitors for some odd reason.

Akella
12.22.2011 , 07:51 PM | #3
I've noticed that if you buy gear with mods already equipped from the same commendation vendors, you get mods that are above what's available from the mod commendation vendor. Hope what I typed made sense. I don't understand why the mods you can buy with commendations aren't equivalent to the ones available in gear available on the same vendors.
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.