Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New seeker droid setup!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Repman
07.25.2013 , 11:51 AM | #61
Did it for a while today and got 3, yes three explorer chassis lol IF anyone is on the Ebon Hawk server I can trade them for the Explorer steering thingie or sell them :P

Limp_Newdle
07.25.2013 , 12:30 PM | #62
Dug for little over an hour. Found my Pleasure Expulsorlift, 2 purple secure crates, and 3 other speeder parts. I absolutely killed it. If you dig at peek times at night when everyones on, your luck isnt going to be very good. I was on in the morning and destroyed the dig sites. Was a blast!

DAMossimo
07.25.2013 , 03:12 PM | #63
I reserved judgement to complete 3 full days of digging to get an accurate sense of the changes and I'm quite disappointed. I've come to the conclusion that, when factoring in costs for the Mk-II blue enhancers, digging is now a actually a credit sink. The only reason to do it now is to obtain the gear sets and/or speeder parts.

I got my last needed part today. No more digging for me.

Perhaps they did this to clear out the dig sites for new players? Just speculation, but it is the only reason I can come up with that makes any sense at all.

MidichIorian
07.25.2013 , 03:17 PM | #64
They should get rid of the secure crates. In 40 minutes today (that's an enhancer cost in the 35K range) I got two secure crates, with totally useless mats, and three trash items. So I basically spent 40 minutes totally in vain. Pre patch I would have atleast been able to dig up stuff to cover my enhancer cost.

Also, it's utterly frustrating and boring to only get a hit every 6 minutes or so. You, BW, could atleast increase the radius on the good drops. As of now it feels like we have to pin point it down to the millimeter.

Hassat-Hunter
07.25.2013 , 04:33 PM | #65
I just really REALLY hope some BioWarian comes around and tell us exactly why they decided to ruin the seeker droid? What was the reasoning behind it? Cause I seriously don't get it.

If it was to make people get their speeders, the other suggestion in this thread (making the parts able to be put on the GTN) would be way better. This way impatient people who don't like seeker droid wouldn't have to do it, and people who did like it could make a bit of cash hunting for those people.
Instead, now we got the worst of both worlds.
Everyone just getting the parts and moving on since seeker droid hunting is absolutely no fun anymore. For a past-time so advertised with RoHC and obviously spend a LOT of time at, why, WHY, did you decided to flush all that down the toilet.
Or is it just down to plain incompetance and is it broken as result of bad patching, and never intended to work as now? If so, do please say so and a "will be fixed in 2.3". It wont take long!

CommanderKeeva
07.25.2013 , 05:25 PM | #66
Well, thanks for removing my post Bioware! But hey if you removed it, you had to have read it too, right? So, now, at least I know for sure that you know for sure how pissed I was at this new Seeker droid system.

Anyways here are the results of today's digging. 6 hours total, 3 in the morning, 3 in the evening. Yeah...crazy...I know...so much time wasted.

Alderaan: Time Spent: 2 hours; Trails found: 13; Treasure Excavated: 11; Junk: 8; Armor: 1 (Star Forager Jacket); Speeder Parts: 2 (Explorer Chassis x2)

Makeb: Time Spent: 2 hours; Trails Found 15; Treasure Excavated: 15; Junk 10; Armor: 4 (Star Forager Belt x3; Dreadseed Greaves); Speeder Parts: 1 (Explorer Chassis)

Tatooine: Time Spent: 2 hours; Trails Found 9; Treasure Excavated: 9; Junk: 9; Armor: 0; Speeder Parts: 0

So in the course of 6 hours I managed to excavate 35 items, 27 out of which were utterly useless grey crap. In addition, I managed to unearth 3 Explorer Chasses; 3 Star Forager Belts; 1 Star Forager Jacket and 1 Dreadseed Greaves. I hope these statistics help you understand how utterly worthless it is at the moment to try to dig up anything.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

CommanderKeeva
07.25.2013 , 05:28 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Repman View Post
Did it for a while today and got 3, yes three explorer chassis lol IF anyone is on the Ebon Hawk server I can trade them for the Explorer steering thingie or sell them :P
Yes, the Explorer Chassis seems to be the most abundant speeder part of all. I have like 20 of those sitting in my Guild Bank, whereas I've only found 1 part for the Pleasure speeder so far.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

PhantomAxe
07.26.2013 , 12:00 AM | #68
Hey BW, if your gonna make these changes, can you at least give a reason, we may be more understanding than you think.

Also, some of us enjoy treasure hunting, so why not add new items, New Unique Legacy Bound Armor sets, New rare Speeders, maybe a HK_51 customisation that looks like the droid advertised in the GSI vendor area on Nar. Theres lots you could do!

You may have had your reasons for the change, but if you would have added new things, maybe those of us who enjoy treasure hunting would have taken the blow a little easier.

Still lovin' the game!

"I sense a disturbance in the Force!"

rethrox
07.26.2013 , 08:33 AM | #69
I've been playing since launch, the seeker droid and macro was something i was going to do after i got my main to 55, which I did, and even though i have lots of alts and play super casual, this was something I was looking forward to. I did start the seeker droid mission chain before the patch, and it dropped some good stuff, item mods for my alts and companions. It was also fun to have a reason to go to different planets like tat to do something else besides kill stuff and see the world again. Now with the change i have not touched it, and prob will not. I've decided to start with my alts again.

It is about time = reward, and with the new changes the reward is just not worth it. This ruined the mini game that they created. I still love the game, just wish that they would not change things that they worked so hard to make seem worthless doing., kinda defeats the purpose of implementing them with a nerf.

The space nerf was ok, since it made since that there were people using bots to farm them,,,but this is different, and I don't understand why they did it,, I read in some post that lots of people made tons of credits doing this mini game, well thats cool. You can make tons of credits on the gtn, dailies, crafting, etc. Don't really see the need to nerf this.

ricofico
07.26.2013 , 09:46 AM | #70
Why do I get the feeling TOR went all SWG CU? We fans can't seem to catch a Star Wars break. I'll still pay and play but I think I won't be using my seeker droid any more.

Not really mad, just disappointed. I guess I'm just tired of being disappointed all the time.
Maybe this BH hunt will bring me some TOR happiness.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.