Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 DPS Leaderboard (v2)

Ardarell_Solo
07.25.2013 , 09:38 AM | #11
El'ethon - Sentinel - Combat 5/38/3 - 3031.65
http://www.torparse.com/a/353757/1/0/Overview

Thx from me as well for taking over :-)
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan>
T3-M4

Carlenux
07.25.2013 , 10:00 AM | #12
Invinc - Lethality Operative - 4 / 6 / 36

http://www.torparse.com/a/353755/tim...0/Damage+Dealt 3249
THE HARBRINGER
Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Carlenx// Hwynn // Hmaull

Falver
07.25.2013 , 10:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Knopik View Post
Thank you for keeping this going.
My parse, however, is wrong.
This is the correct link
http://www.torparse.com/a/337341/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
Fixed. A large number of updates were made in a very short amount of time so please do look for errors.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
El'ethon - Sentinel - Combat 5/38/3 - 3031.65
http://www.torparse.com/a/353757/1/0/Overview

Thx from me as well for taking over :-)
Higher section found at 5'00 http://www.torparse.com/a/353757/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

By the way Carlenux, at what percent crit probability does a scoundrel/operative need to not have energy problems in dirty fighting?
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

Ardarell_Solo
07.25.2013 , 11:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Falver View Post
Oh, wow, you're checking for the best segments for us? Thanks so much, really appreciate it!! :-)
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan>
T3-M4

Knopik
07.25.2013 , 11:57 AM | #15
Now that guilds are clearing nim SV, do we need to bump this up to gear lvl 75s? I know my merc won't see a 75 main hand or offhand soon, and I know some people already probably have it.
I was just wondering if the parses posted in 75s should have a flag or not.

SheikShmoove
07.25.2013 , 12:12 PM | #16
Another idea: for specs that get pushed off the top 5 for their class, could we have some sort of "Honorable Mention" or "top parses for other specs" so we can continue to track how they are performing? For example, Gyronamics had a 2800+ parse with Assault Commando, and I think there were some parses in the 2600-2700 range for AP/Tactics and Pyro/Assault PTs/VGs. I know these are not chart toppers, but it would be nice to know how all the DPS specs are currently performing.

namesaretough
07.25.2013 , 12:23 PM | #17
Now that guilds are clearing nim SV, do we need to bump this up to gear lvl 75s? I know my merc won't see a 75 main hand or offhand soon, and I know some people already probably have it.
It should all sort itself out in a few weeks when more people have more KD gear. Until then, it's mostly going to be "who got gear and parsed earliest", but the last thread was like that for a long while too.
Ratherbesmggln (Guardian) - Evrydayimsmggln (Gunslinger)
Severity Gaming - 16 man raiding on Prophecy of the Five

Falver
07.25.2013 , 12:43 PM | #18
It is under consideration and I'm thinking of a non-cluttering way of doing so.

Quote: Originally Posted by SheikShmoove View Post
Another idea: for specs that get pushed off the top 5 for their class, could we have some sort of "Honorable Mention" or "top parses for other specs" so we can continue to track how they are performing? For example, Gyronamics has a 2800+ parse with Assault Commando, and I think there was some parses in the 2600-2700 range for AP/Tactics and Pyro/Assault VGs. I know these are not chart toppers, but it would be nice to know how all the DPS specs are currently performing.
Unfortunately, this won't happen. While I do agree that such specs should have some recognition, this is not the thread to be doing so. This thread is a leaderboard, not a representation of every spec. The place for recognizing different specs should be in the class forums.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

paowee
07.25.2013 , 01:19 PM | #19
Eventually the boards will be "most accurate" several weeks from now when ~everyone is in 75s. Until then people can post parses for the fun of it. If you want to delve deeper into the parse and ignore the big red number, you will find that DPS is actually irrelevant. When comparing logs of the same spec, you can see the more important things such as # of hits or # of ability activations and that is what people need to look at instead of DPS numbers imho.

Parse A has X number of ability activations over 5 minutes and did 3200 DPS
Parse B has the same X number of ability activations over 5 minutes and did 3000 DPS because he is undergeared

for all intents and purposes both people "played just fine". Once in a while the stars align and you see someone post something like:

Parse C, which has the same X number of ability activations over 5 minutes, but had 15% more crit chance and did 3600 DPS.

Parse C did not do something extremely "pro" compared to Parse A and B. He just had more lucky crits.
Parse A is not better than Parse B, he just had more gear. These things people can see if you look past the DPS numbers and spend a little time figuring out # of ability use or ability activations all of which are available in the Log section of torparse. Turning these threads into a i have bigger DPS #s boards i think defeats the greater purpose of these threads. It can help people improve by pointing out what they need to do more, or what they are doing less. This is why i dont think there needs to be a flag for people in 75s and why the focus should be less on DPS #s (which stands out) but more on ability usage (which does not have a # attached to it) when parsing on the training dummy.

Just an opinion
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Emperor-Norton
07.25.2013 , 01:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Oh, wow, you're checking for the best segments for us? Thanks so much, really appreciate it!! :-)
Whoever is in charge of the thread checks the first 5 minutes of every parse to make sure you are telling the truth. Forex, OP sees Combat started at 00:00:00, so they select from that to 00:05:00. If they find the DPS is either greater or lesser than what you claim, they will let you know. Also, keyword is first 5 minutes, not the 5 minutes that has the highest DPS.