Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PT with Merc envy...

Harlock
12.21.2011 , 06:35 PM | #1
So I'm a level 33 PT right now. Im considering rolling up another BH to play the Merc side of things. I'm curious how well the Mercs out there have done with soloing their Class line. I was able to solo everything up to 33 being 2 levels below the mobs/quests. I'm wondering if you Mercs were able to do the same? I like the idea of a little more range, and dual blasters for aesthetics. I am thinking I might really miss the mobility though, and the massive bag of tricks the PT has.

If anyone would mind sharing some views I would appreciate them.

Thanks in advance

Harlock
12.21.2011 , 06:36 PM | #2
re-posted in correct forums, sorry!

Happaa
12.21.2011 , 06:52 PM | #3
I played both to ~lvl 20 in the beta. As a merc, I was able to solo champions @ my level but you will miss the mobility and all of the tricks the PT has. Mako also makes the perfect companion for the PT.

I chose to play a PT at launch (lvl35 atm) and am not regretting not picking Merc at all. I don't really feel like crapping missiles for days on end.

Sabbathius
12.22.2011 , 07:32 PM | #4
After getting my PT to low 20s, I decided to try a Merc. Almost 20.

The thing is, though PT does have a lot of tricks, the Merc is in no way inferior in the tricks department. Jet Escape knockback/slow, in PvP at least, has been worth its weight in gold. The damage IS higher, quite considerably, as far as I can see. Also all that time spent closing the distance as PT to administer Wristblade/Flame/etc just doesn't exist for a Merc.

Not saying one is better than the other. Right now I have a horrible feeling that I will level both of them. Get tired of one, switch to the other. One can tank/DPS, the other can heal/DPS. Can't lose.

Though in all honestly right now I'm leaning towards the Merc. I just feel damage and effective range increase and Jet Escape on significantly shorter cooldown than Grapple are much more useful. And after you get Concussion missile, you are practically equal to a Sorcerer in CC department, which is not too shabby.