Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Gree are back with a new reward!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Gree are back with a new reward!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sylaurin
07.24.2013 , 01:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
For recurrences of the event, I really would consider making Helix components Bound to Legacy. Or just let us purchase all the possible Gree weapons regardless of class. Repeating event or not, it seems like the smart thing to do.
Am I reading this right? You can only buy the weapons you class can use? Like I can't buy the saberstaff on my Jug to send to my Sin? If so that really sucks.

hillerbees
07.24.2013 , 02:39 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylaurin View Post
Am I reading this right? You can only buy the weapons you class can use? Like I can't buy the saberstaff on my Jug to send to my Sin? If so that really sucks.
No you are not reading it quiet right.

You CAN buy a weapon that is not meant for that specific character and that weapon is bound to legacy and so can be mailed to any other character back and forwards etc. However if you earn say 3 grey helix with one character and you have 15 on another you CANNOT mail THEM so that one character has all 18 and which would allow you to buy a weapon.

If the event was to finish outright you'd just be stuck with useless tokens.......a bit like the useless Reputation tokens I get while trying to earn the grey helix as I have the Legend Reputation already. I just have to dump them.

The one good aspect I suppose is that the weapon is legacy bound - its a shame though that they didn't make the mount and the grey helix tokens legacy bound too. I'm guessing that the reason for not doing so was to keep people coming back to the missions over the year otherwise I'd be well shot of Ilum at this stage.

Sylaurin
07.24.2013 , 02:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
No you are not reading it quiet right.

You CAN buy a weapon that is not meant for that specific character and that weapon is bound to legacy and so can be mailed to any other character back and forwards etc. However if you earn say 3 grey helix with one character and you have 15 on another you CANNOT mail THEM so that one character has all 18 and which would allow you to buy a weapon.

If the event was to finish outright you'd just be stuck with useless tokens.......a bit like the useless Reputation tokens I get while trying to earn the grey helix as I have the Legend Reputation already. I just have to dump them.

The one good aspect I suppose is that the weapon is legacy bound - its a shame though that they didn't make the mount and the grey helix tokens legacy bound too. I'm guessing that the reason for not doing so was to keep people coming back to the missions over the year otherwise I'd be well shot of Ilum at this stage.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Was worried for a moment. And I agree that they helix should just be BoL since it's used to get BoL gear

Ralmuski
07.24.2013 , 05:01 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hestis View Post
I know the chances of it happening are almost nil, but I really wish they'd put it on the vendor, even if it's just for a limited time. Heck, I'd even be alright with them putting it on the Cartel Market. I'd actually posted a suggestion for a red sphere around the time of the last Gree event (which got zero replies, lol). I was bummed to find out I've got about a one in a bazillion chance of getting it.
This. It's in your face everywhere: Look at this awesome 'new' mount. I was actually thrilled, since this time I do have a lvl 55 to participate. Only to find out that I'll never have it.

Mevan
07.24.2013 , 05:33 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
I am surprised no one has commented on this : "with it a brand new reward, the Red Sphere Transport Enclosure Vehicle!"

A) It's not new. It's a reskin, as is most everything Bioware releases anymore.

B) It is a RARE drop you can ONLY get by fighting Xeno II, which you can only do in SM and HM ONCE per week. So, essentially you have 2 shots per week ( if you are geared enough) of getting it at all which equals 4 total in a 2 week Event run. Ya, way to hype something you most likely wont get Bioware. It should be Token buyable just like the other one, then people will care.

I can;t remember the last good idea or well done post Bioware has done with this game. The little "celebration" for Revan was a complete and utter joke, as is this. Other MMO's laugh at Bioware's lack of interesting game events/ideas. Aren;t events supposed to be fun? What is fun about redoing the same tired event that has been done 6-7 times now? It's upped to 55,,,whoopdy do.

Would it kill you to bring back the Ratghoul Event, something pretty much everyone wants....
It doesn't make me angry anymore. It's got to the point where the updates (and the so-called developers) are laughable. Tis a real shame too, since this game could have been the undisputed king of the MMO market if it had been done correctly.

Think this just proves that the people who make games should be gamers themselves.

ImmortalLowlife
07.24.2013 , 08:28 AM | #26
I just got my 1st 50+ toon, so I'll be doing the gree events for the 1st time! And don't worry BioWare....I'll go thru it at least twice before I start complaining
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

rbaratheon
07.24.2013 , 08:32 AM | #27
The best event by far was the Rakghoul plague, not only because it had some cool stuff and felt like a community effort when participating in it, but it was totally unexpected. The game-world really felt alive when out of nowhere a news terminal popped up announcing the plague was spreading.

The whole infection circles were kind of annoying, but funny too. I think not announcing events is a better policy than hyping them up and then seeing massive disappointment when there are only a few reskinned items as rewards.
Februus- Operative, Kaarsa- Juggernaut, Korrlatt- 51 Sorcerer
Silenus- Shadow, Whiskey'jackk- Gunslinger, Endy'mion- Commando, Tarkas- Sentinel

beasthunt
07.24.2013 , 08:37 AM | #28
You guys are real *** hats, you know that. You give a new speeder in a 2 week event that is a rare drop on the hardest boss. So if you are a schlub like me, you get 2 shots at this thing IF it drops and that does not include the 1/16 shot of winning the roll. I ran HM with two different toons yesterday and did not see it drop. Not sure if it drops on SM but if it does, that makes 5 times I killed Xeno yesterday and never saw it. You guys are a joke.

What a bunch of *****s. It gets tiring dealing with you people. Some of us pay 15 bucks a month. We have been asking for a legacy bank, a legacy shield/focus and what do we get? A rare drop on an event that last 2 weeks. Well thought out. *****. Lets not mention the fact that 30 items on the vendor are bound to legacy but the grey helix components are bound on pickup. Do you think ANYTHING through? And on top of that, the community has brought this up to your attention several times. Too bad we cannot do the lack of confidence vote on you idiots and get someone else to ruin this game.

Just ran HM and SM again. *gaaaaaasp* still no drop. I'm up to about 10 lost rolls on underworld gear in the last week. I am so fed up with this game.

Sam_Skyrunner
07.24.2013 , 10:21 AM | #29
Frankly, I'm a little confused. Ok, Blue has been used to represent the Republic. Red has been used to represent the Imperial side. So, here's my confusion: Why wasn't the red mount also made purchasable with the Gree tokens like the blue mounts? I think you should have stuck with the trend and made a gold, silver, black, or even white mount drops from the boss. You made the white armor available after legend status and gold only from cm and limited on time, making both colors a little more of a challenge to obtain. Should the rare mount also be a rare color? Do you guys actually have a brain in this operation? This does not make sense. Just saying.

Sam_Skyrunner
07.24.2013 , 10:27 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
It doesn't make me angry anymore. It's got to the point where the updates (and the so-called developers) are laughable. Tis a real shame too, since this game could have been the undisputed king of the MMO market if it had been done correctly.

Think this just proves that the people who make games should be gamers themselves.
You have a great point. The graphics engine, the play style, and class specific quests made me start playing this game after leaving World of Warcraft. I saw much potential. This is a case where the product is great, but the people running the business end, not so great.