Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New seeker droid setup!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Grayseven
07.23.2013 , 05:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Let me get this straight, you folks are upset that green and blue drops have gone away in place of speeder and armor parts rates going up?
No. The problem is spending 10 minutes looking for any return, spending another 2 minutes zeroing in on it and getting a "something interesting" that is a 10 credit gray item.

I had all the armor parts before this change, now I'm getting more I don't need and which are only worth 30 cr vended.

The change that needed to be made was removal of all "finds" that happened outside of the "something interesting" finds. That's cool. The drop rate for armor and speeder parts should have been left alone, but I won't complain if they want to make it easier to get the speeders because once I do I'm done seeking. But above all the "something interesting" returns needed to actually be something interesting...not green or blue gear, not artifact 28 enhancements...but something worth spending 10 minutes of mind-numbing tedium in order to find.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Repman
07.23.2013 , 05:58 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
No. The problem is spending 10 minutes looking for any return, spending another 2 minutes zeroing in on it and getting a "something interesting" that is a 10 credit gray item.

I had all the armor parts before this change, now I'm getting more I don't need and which are only worth 30 cr vended.

The change that needed to be made was removal of all "finds" that happened outside of the "something interesting" finds. That's cool. The drop rate for armor and speeder parts should have been left alone, but I won't complain if they want to make it easier to get the speeders because once I do I'm done seeking. But above all the "something interesting" returns needed to actually be something interesting...not green or blue gear, not artifact 28 enhancements...but something worth spending 10 minutes of mind-numbing tedium in order to find.
Just spent 20 minutes looking for something, another 10 or so zeroing in on it only to have it vanish, then 35 more minutes looking for something and never finding it...so fun...

Ah well, my wife has been asking me to play WoW with her. I believe I will...

Evil_Dave
07.23.2013 , 06:52 PM | #23
Signed. I just don't understand by the developers continue to make such significant changes to the game without any kind of forewarning or explanation of their reasoning. I was planning on putting in the time to dig up all the goodies, but I'm so frustrated now that I'm not sure I ever will.

Elear
07.23.2013 , 07:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Dave View Post
Signed. I just don't understand by the developers continue to make such significant changes to the game without any kind of forewarning or explanation of their reasoning. I was planning on putting in the time to dig up all the goodies, but I'm so frustrated now that I'm not sure I ever will.
"They don't want you to do it'" seems like only explanation. Apparently people were earning money from digging for hours, and that can't be, only source of money should be dalies and/or fp/ops/wz. Same thing happened to space missions, after nerfig it's rewards to oblivion they removed any reason to do them outside achievements/specific gear for fleet comms.
You still may do those things for specific rewards(speeder parts, legacy shells, space comms), but don't count on any rewards you used to get. And for seeker droid it means no rewards at all unless you actually manage to find something.

_Motoki_
07.23.2013 , 07:15 PM | #25
I really wish someone from Bioware would explain their rationale on adding the level 10 grey items as 'treasure' because it really just seems like they are giving us the middle finger with those. It's like leaving a two cent tip at a restaurant. It's worse than nothing.

TheBBP
07.23.2013 , 07:43 PM | #26
Forgive me folks, but where can I read about these changes?
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

_Motoki_
07.23.2013 , 08:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Forgive me folks, but where can I read about these changes?
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes
Quote:
Game Update 2.2.3 Patch Notes
7/23/2013

Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid
  • When a buried treasure is found with the Seeker Droid, there is now a higher chance to find deployment boosts, reputation trophies, secure crates, or speeder parts.
  • The Seeker Droid no longer has a random chance to dig up items when the player is not near a buried treasure.
  • Junk items dug up by the Seeker Droid are now level 10 or below.
  • Gear can no longer be dug up by the Seeker Droid, with the exception of Dreadseed and Star Forager armor.
  • Special buried treasure (one per Seeker Droid digsite) now has a greater chance of being a rare speeder part.

TheBBP
07.23.2013 , 08:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by _Motoki_ View Post
Thank you.

I thought someone mentioned quests.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

MidichIorian
07.23.2013 , 08:32 PM | #29
It's REALLY stupid and it's not like the seeker droid was fun to begin with. The best I got in 50 or so digs was two gray items. And the funny thing about finds, regardless of how crappy they are, they now reset the indicator.

Pre-patch we were atleast able to make a few credits on al the useless digs. It's also discouraging to more or less never get a green dig. No one will keep probing when only 2 % of all digs are green.

Repman
07.23.2013 , 08:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It's REALLY stupid and it's not like the seeker droid was fun to begin with..
Some people thought the seeker droid was almost fun, and BioWare doesn't want that...

I doubt we'll ever hear from them about this. And they'll never change it back...do they care? Probably not