Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New seeker droid setup!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AvalonBunny
07.23.2013 , 02:07 PM | #11
Quote:
Looks as though you could have made better use of your time going to a starter planet and killing random critters. Too bad, I had high hopes for the seeker droid thingy.
Quote:
Why would I putz around and walk away with 5000 after 2 hours?
Exactly ... it's one more set of missions I'm not going to bother with any more.
*Feels like a Jedi master when she walks through automatic doors*

Ryenke
07.23.2013 , 02:12 PM | #12
It is TOTALLY ruined. What I used to enjoy doing waiting for things to pop was "dig for treasure". I'd get a few thou in credits selling the junk and RE the parts for some mats.

Now, I suppose if the ONLY thing you are interested in are speeder parts (I don't need another speeder - they all do the same thing anyway) they do seem to drop more often, but I ended up with 2 speeder parts (1 dup) and a couple of credits (I couldn't figure out which grey item the seeker had FOUND but probably the 10 credit item) and a lot of frustration as the area went from green "something nearby" to red - nothing detected over and over. And, my toon didn't move when this kept happening. Oh, I did get a chest, oh wow 6 gems that are worthless and 6 pieces of hypercloth I could sell on GTN for maybe 200 credits total?

I liked it the way it was. I was worried when I saw it was changing in patch notes - but I didn't dream they nerf it so badly that I can't imagine doing it again. Because it was one of my favourite things before.

anesvik
07.23.2013 , 02:36 PM | #13
VERY unhappy with the seeker droid changes. this is what USED to happen...
I would find a site. and start digging. most times seeker droid came up with greys...which i would actually fill 1/2 my bag with before i sent my companion away to sell it (usually about 5k worth of stuff per trip)
then I would find green/blue armor and weps. I would vendor these to make a few more credits.
I would also find armoring and mods. they were all junk BUT i would send them to an alt to RE and gain mats i could use for making better mods.
I rarely found orange gear. But it was nice when i did.
I would spend about 4 hrs at each digsite per day ( ya...i would visit all tat sites and switch instances when needed.) I know i know...that is a TON of time wasted. But it was worth it because of the credits i was making in the hopes of finding Dreadseed gear.
NOW BW took it all away. I just spent an hour searching a digsite and all i found was a deployment thing..
I dont complain much, in fact...several parts of the game are really well done and have sided with BW/EA on several things (ppl complaining of lag, bugs, etc that i never encountered, etc ) but this is uncalled for.
I have said though that maybe the only change that is to be needed is how the droid tells you were to dig...kind of like the HK scanner does.
Please...change this back. Dont do what D3 does and "fix it til its broke."...I want to keep paying my sub. Please give me a reason too. keep this game great.
Death to all whom oppose us!

Repman
07.23.2013 , 03:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AvalonBunny View Post
Exactly ... it's one more set of missions I'm not going to bother with any more.
Yeah, and my wife thought archaeology was boring in WoW -this was boring and they made it worse lol

JattaGin
07.23.2013 , 03:52 PM | #15
I can't believe it. I finally finished my seeker droid heroic and started digging just a few days ago and did enjoy it in a way and now the fun is already over again. I liked all the mods I got because I could use them for my companions. I haven't found anything really special yet, but several times a couple of basic comms which I could use as well to get gear.

And now, as of today, I can make 10 credits selling my extraordinairy grey treasure. Why, oh why?

ivanhedgehog
07.23.2013 , 04:03 PM | #16
This is sadly the direction the game is going. If it continues I wont be staying. I have been here since beta. its not the change but the constant nerfing just to piss people off. No idea if this is a bug or wAI. and of course the devs cant be bothered to say so either way.

anesvik
07.23.2013 , 04:08 PM | #17
i want to keep being a subscriber. This is a STAR WARS GAME. but i want to feel like ....i dont know. The seeker droid ws one part of the game besides flashpoints, that i was doing really good at. Now there wont be people to give advice about where to go or other help with seeker droid stuff...I kind of feel like someone with a liberal arts degree...useless.
Death to all whom oppose us!

Pietrastor
07.23.2013 , 05:13 PM | #18
This is ridiculous. The Seeker Droid/Binocular rewards should be enhanced to bring more people in, not nerfed There should be a (very very small but still) chance to dig up the Czerka Crate-O-Matic with it, Encrypted Datacubes, companion gifts etc. Lots of stuff that although may not necessarily be uber expensive (companion gifts or Datacubes surely ain't) would still feel like worth and/or useful rewards. Heck, even the trash items that sold for nice credits weren't that bad, at worst case we were making some cash. And the green mods were useful as hell for REing. Absolutely no idea why Bioware did this.

Grayseven
07.23.2013 , 05:17 PM | #19
I can kind of see why they made a change, but the change they made is just awful.

In two days of "fishing" for around 6 hours all told, I made at least 500k credits (if not more, wasn't really paying too much attention) by selling everything to a vendor that wasn't a "keeper".

Today I spent about an hour before I got tired of it after the 12th gray "something interesting" showed up. I have also run into the false positives when there is no one else around...one after getting it down to really close only to have the next seek that should have given me something interesting instead returning the red "no mas" circle.

On top of that, the prototype (blue) secure crate is returning impeccable gemstones...which unless I'm mistaken were removed from the game once already because there is nothing that uses them.

The "something interesting" should always return an actual interesting item...not a 10 cr gray item. In the past that is the future I'd have to believe these droids can tell the difference between trash and treasure.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

aeterno
07.23.2013 , 05:17 PM | #20
Let me get this straight, you folks are upset that green and blue drops have gone away in place of speeder and armor parts rates going up?