Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can someone with cash save Atari ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Can someone with cash save Atari ?

BadOrb
07.23.2013 , 09:55 AM | #1
Whilst reading about Vivendi possibly asking activision / blizzard for $3 billion , I then stumbled across the fact that Atari haven't found a buyer for roller coaster tycoon , test drive and there logo! we can't let Atari vanish off the face of the earth no way , someone EA ? Please save them , we will all miss them too much. Remember this great game ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7glmlNMpg

here's the article.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/23463-...-annihilation/

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

TheBBP
07.23.2013 , 10:13 AM | #2
If Twinkies were saved, Atari will be too.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Alavastre
07.23.2013 , 10:42 AM | #3
Meh. Atari has been on the decline for a very long time. Though I did like roller coaster tycoon, it's not something I would run out to buy.

Twinkies are a bit different. Atari will most likely disappear. I can tell you I won't lose sleep over it. But I will remember them when I think back on my very early childhood.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

MillionsKNives
07.23.2013 , 12:42 PM | #4
Have they done anything of worth in the past decade or so? I can't remember seeing anything interesting with the Atari logo on it in a very long time.

TheNahash
07.23.2013 , 03:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Have they done anything of worth in the past decade or so? I can't remember seeing anything interesting with the Atari logo on it in a very long time.
Unfortunately, this.
Atari has done nothing important in over a decade.
Meh, maybe Test Drive but even that wasn't good enough.

Companies rise and fall. Ask Sierra and LucasArts where they were in the 90s and where they are now (or IF they exist now, at all).

So long, Atari, and thanks for all the memories.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic