Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi sage, DPS+Healer?

nanumuu
12.21.2011 , 02:25 AM | #1
I was wondering if I could combine both Seer and Telekinesis. How would something like that come about or look. I like to be in a party to help heal people but also do good amount of DPS.

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

Vealage
12.21.2011 , 03:17 AM | #2
I've spec'd Telekinesis up to level 27 so far, and it has worked out when I need to heal. I think if you put 11 points into the Seer tree (healing) then you could get another good healing spell and some healing perks. Combined with DPS from the Tele tree, you should be absolutely fine.
Master Rohim Dangala, Guildmaster of <U Mad Brosith>
Check out our recruitment page here!Contact us in-game for an invite!

[Insert whitty comment here, followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

Ardwan
12.21.2011 , 04:43 AM | #3
I'm planning something similar to this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhbobZfcbrdRru.1

Gives me decent damage output and the force regen and force cost reduction talents that trigger from critical hits helps me to maintain a nice level of force even when healing and damaging at the same time.
Reduced cost and Increased absorption of force armor helps a lot too, even when their is another healer in the group keep shield up on the main tank and anyone else who takes damage makes things go much smoother.

I'm around 37 now and have had no issues being the main healer in a group. At end-game it's likely that a full Seer spec will be more desirable as a healer and perhaps my ability to act as main healer may diminish, but will have to see.

AdamLKvist
12.21.2011 , 04:50 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Balmuck View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...0zZrZfMzRs0z.1

There you go.

TK main source of damage as no cooldown and cost no force, as the 1% return actually regens more force then spent and of course, you get a Presence of Mind proc that's pretty much up full time.

This then allows you to easily do very good damage with a insta cast Mind Crush, Weaken Mind and Force in Balance. If you wanna DPS instead of healing, you can easily and get top numbers. You can also get the 2.5k damage medal if you pick up the damage buff and crit on Force in Balance.

You still pretty much have your whole Seer tree and if you want, you can easily top the healing numbers as well. If you're good enough, you can top both of them at the same time.

Thats the optimal usage of such a strategy if you need to. Will try this myself

HibashiraSakai
12.21.2011 , 10:39 PM | #5
In low levels (pre-mid-30s), not having the upper tiers abilities in the Seer tree is expected. But after that, you will start to feel the strain in more chaotic groups (no cc, clueless tanks, overly aggressive DPS, etc.). So while you would do fairly well in soloing and DPS, healing will become increasingly taxing.

So it really depends on how you advertise yourself.

Naduronx
12.22.2011 , 06:54 PM | #6
Hybrid is not effective at endgame.

The HOT is a joke, it only heals for 230 and you can only use it one target at the time.
and your overall healing will be terrible and it's not even worth bringing you along for the healing.

Your dmg output will also take a heavy blow, you'll do around 60% less then a pure dmg dealer.
You will do max 800 dmg while a pure does 2300 dmg.
And even worse with the AoE abilities.