Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New seeker droid setup!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

morfius
07.23.2013 , 08:15 AM | #1
Is plain stupid.
Grey item for 5 credits at the end of trail ... and 4 sterilization kits locking site, are you trying to make thing much more harder than they were pretending that loot table has been corrected?
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedióof black and white, as it wereóbut in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

TheDukeOfSteg
07.23.2013 , 09:02 AM | #2
I've been at it for about an hour now and all I've found is speeder parts which were meant to be rarer than the Dreadseed/Starforger sets, whatever they've done I want it back the way it was, least I found the bloody armour and made a few credits off the rest of the junk I found

AvalonBunny
07.23.2013 , 09:22 AM | #3
45 minutes .... and suddenly ''Your seeker droid found something'' ... I hold my breath and open my inventory .... ''Magnetized Security Spike'' .... sells for 5 credits to a vendor .... I made more from killing the sandpeople and looting the chest than I did selling stuff the seeker droid found.
*Feels like a Jedi master when she walks through automatic doors*

Grayseven
07.23.2013 , 09:59 AM | #4
Yeah, at no point should the "something interesting" be a gray level 10 item. It's a time consuming process that should never return garbage for a successful search. I can understand not filling up peoples inventory with greens and blues, but for crying out loud there needs to be something for the time spent.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

ivanhedgehog
07.23.2013 , 12:55 PM | #5
Yet again they have killed off a part of the game they spent a lot of time developing. When you go through a blue seeker boost and all you find is a zombie nerf, that is a huge waste of time and effort. This nerf was as idiotic as nerfing the drops from champions. are they so worried about green mods and grey garbage dropping they needed to spend time on this? yet they cant find time to fix actual bugs?

ikinai
07.23.2013 , 12:58 PM | #6
Hmmm, this is even more of an incentive not to do this. The greens and blues weren't even worth my time doing this, this makes it even less appealing.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Repman
07.23.2013 , 01:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AvalonBunny View Post
45 minutes .... and suddenly ''Your seeker droid found something'' ... I hold my breath and open my inventory .... ''Magnetized Security Spike'' .... sells for 5 credits to a vendor .... I made more from killing the sandpeople and looting the chest than I did selling stuff the seeker droid found.
Yes me too. I was there for a little over an hour and all I got was 2 gray items. Signed onto my other character to check the GTN, when I signed back in I couldn't deploy my seeker droid, so I guess someone popped in and within 5 minutes got the treasure lol

Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
Hmmm, this is even more of an incentive not to do this. The greens and blues weren't even worth my time doing this, this makes it even less appealing.
I did use the mods/enhancements I used to get to nearly gear up Gault lol And I used to make 20 - 30K credits even if I didn't get anything just from the grays, today I made 10 credits lol

And who said games are supposed to be fun? Whoever it was doesn't work for BioWare

AvalonBunny
07.23.2013 , 01:43 PM | #8
Update :: After 2 hours using seeker droid on Tatooine ... 5 x grey items (total 65 credits) ... 2 x speeder parts (both duplicates of parts I'd already found) ... 2 x seeker droid deployment boosts.

Quite disappointing considering I used to RE any green mods to craft blue's for new players / guildies, as well as making some credits for my time.
*Feels like a Jedi master when she walks through automatic doors*

ikinai
07.23.2013 , 01:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AvalonBunny View Post
Update :: After 2 hours using seeker droid on Tatooine ... 5 x grey items (total 65 credits) ... 2 x speeder parts (both duplicates of parts I'd already found) ... 2 x seeker droid deployment boosts.

Quite disappointing considering I used to RE any green mods to craft blue's for new players / guildies, as well as making some credits for my time.
Looks as though you could have made better use of your time going to a starter planet and killing random critters. Too bad, I had high hopes for the seeker droid thingy.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

AGSThomas
07.23.2013 , 01:49 PM | #10
Well, reading this thread just ended my curiosity to start the seeker droid again. In 2 hours I can make 300k credits. Why would I putz around and walk away with 5000 after 2 hours?
MedÔvh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
DÔomedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies