Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Run Up to a Sniper Out of Cover, Get Slaughtered

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Run Up to a Sniper Out of Cover, Get Slaughtered

Darth_Precursor
12.20.2011 , 03:07 PM | #21
pwn't
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Ansoniq
12.20.2011 , 03:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DevouringPlague View Post
A sniper is supposedly a sitting duck. Let me give you a little story...

I'm in the Alderaan warzone and I spot a lone Gunslinger. Start to run up to him, almost within charge range and he... Drops portable cover and starts firing at me.

There's little I can do other than run away or get in there at this point, so I start to charge up to him and...

He does a series of 1k, 2k, 1k damage hits, quickly bringing me down to 3/4 health.

Finally get into range and start wailing on him for him to just sit in cover and carry on bashing me about.

I go down when he's at half health.

WHY?!

not the smartest approach. As a Shadow i use stealth or hit them with stun to close my gap.

GryMor
12.20.2011 , 03:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DevouringPlague View Post
I'm in the Alderaan warzone and I spot a lone Gunslinger. Start to run up to him, almost within charge range and he... Drops portable cover and starts firing at me.
Snipped the rest as you are already dead before you engage due to your first fundamental error:

You were not in stealth mode.

The first (and last) sign a Gunslinger should have of your existence is your lightsaber sticking out the front of their chest.

Gaidax
12.20.2011 , 04:01 PM | #24
Hehe... I wonder what will he say at the fact that at level 48 we can request a planetary bombardment from the Battlecruisers in the orbit.

Sorry mate, big guns>sticklights.

Now, since we established this fact, you can launch a preemptive qq strike at Sages - they use swords too, so you may have a case there.
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"

DarthIsurus
12.22.2011 , 06:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by thepilk556851
everything this guy said
is full of WIN.

can I subscribe to your teachings?