Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the pvp arenas looks...pretty great

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the pvp arenas looks...pretty great
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
07.19.2013 , 10:41 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
I think it would be awesome to have 16vs16, but I don't see that happening soon. Plush they would have to make the WZs maps bigger.
Not true! In beta, we had 12v12 (or possibly 16v16) CW's all the time. They ran fine imo and were a blast! There's no reason we couldn't do larger WZ's. AH, CW and NC are all large enough for 12/16v12/16.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

ImpactHound
07.19.2013 , 10:42 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
lol I wonder if bioware is aware that there are other male voice actors than steve blum
Apparently anime companies don't.

AlexModny
07.19.2013 , 10:43 AM | #53 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
Thanks Alex. Is it possible for ties to occur when the match timer ends or is that something that's being tested right now as well? Lookin forward to the blog to see the details.
Ties are boring! Giradda hates being bored!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

justandulas
07.19.2013 , 10:46 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Not true! In beta, we had 12v12 (or possibly 16v16) CW's all the time. They ran fine imo and were a blast! There's no reason we couldn't do larger WZ's. AH, CW and NC are all large enough for 12/16v12/16.
Just imagine a huttball map with double the people, double the traps, and double the fun. Not every pvp map needs to be 12 v 12 or 16 v 16, but man... one giant huttball would be a huge start.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

AlexModny
07.19.2013 , 10:46 AM | #55 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Are arenas part of the Warzone Q? Or are they their own seperate Q?

Meaning, will there be 1 Q as always or will there Q for Objective based Warzone, and Q for Deathmatch Warzone?
I will cover this in my blog post. Sorry for the tease but it is an in-depth explanation and best to keep the answer, hows, wheres and whys in one place. Hope you understand!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

astrobearx
07.19.2013 , 10:50 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
let hope the next big pvp update will bring in 12v12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Hanianbal
07.19.2013 , 11:08 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
I think it would be awesome to have 16vs16, but I don't see that happening soon. Plush they would have to make the WZs maps bigger.
I could see that happening, but also imagine, in a 12v12, needing to keep 2-3 defending while a massive brawl, 9v9 happens at mid (CW, NC or HG). Huttball would/could be insane with the same size map. Larger teams could allow for some wicked ambushes, say 6-8 stealthies.
HK's VANGUARD / STARFLEET
Bokata / Hearse / Kerrighan / Osceoia / Overstock / Spyce / Tará / Warchíef

justandulas
07.19.2013 , 11:14 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Ties are boring! Giradda hates being bored!
And we all know it's important to show our sponsor Giradda, the respect he deserves! Srsly tho, awesome news about no ties.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

ObiJuanShenobi
07.19.2013 , 11:18 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
I will cover this in my blog post. Sorry for the tease but it is an in-depth explanation and best to keep the answer, hows, wheres and whys in one place. Hope you understand!
Man you are on fire today with the posting! You need to log-off now before the Chat Bubble QQ'ers high jack this thread.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

LordArtemis
07.19.2013 , 11:28 AM | #60
The only thing I would say is this...I hope, pray that no class balance will result from arena play.

If imbalance is discovered in arena play it should remain unbalanced IMO.