the pvp arenas looks...pretty great

astrobearx

I think it would be awesome to have 16vs16, but I don't see that happening soon. Plush they would have to make the WZs maps bigger.

Not true! In beta, we had 12v12 (or possibly 16v16) CW's all the time. They ran fine imo and were a blast! There's no reason we couldn't do larger WZ's. AH, CW and NC are all large enough for 12/16v12/16.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Thanks Alex. Is it possible for ties to occur when the match timer ends or is that something that's being tested right now as well? Lookin forward to the blog to see the details.

Ties are boring! Giradda hates being bored!

Not true! In beta, we had 12v12 (or possibly 16v16) CW's all the time. They ran fine imo and were a blast! There's no reason we couldn't do larger WZ's. AH, CW and NC are all large enough for 12/16v12/16.

Just imagine a huttball map with double the people, double the traps, and double the fun. Not every pvp map needs to be 12 v 12 or 16 v 16, but man... one giant huttball would be a huge start.

• Dev Post
Are arenas part of the Warzone Q? Or are they their own seperate Q?

Meaning, will there be 1 Q as always or will there Q for Objective based Warzone, and Q for Deathmatch Warzone?

I will cover this in my blog post. Sorry for the tease but it is an in-depth explanation and best to keep the answer, hows, wheres and whys in one place. Hope you understand!

let hope the next big pvp update will bring in 12v12

I think it would be awesome to have 16vs16, but I don't see that happening soon. Plush they would have to make the WZs maps bigger.

I could see that happening, but also imagine, in a 12v12, needing to keep 2-3 defending while a massive brawl, 9v9 happens at mid (CW, NC or HG). Huttball would/could be insane with the same size map. Larger teams could allow for some wicked ambushes, say 6-8 stealthies. :)

Edited by Hanianbal

I will cover this in my blog post. Sorry for the tease but it is an in-depth explanation and best to keep the answer, hows, wheres and whys in one place. Hope you understand!

Man you are on fire today with the posting! You need to log-off now before the Chat Bubble QQ'ers high jack this thread. :D

Man you are on fire today with the posting! You need to log-off now before the Chat Bubble QQ'ers high jack this thread. :D

ikr?! He actually has me thinking these could be better than I expect...it's amazing what a little interaction can do for perception.

Good news! Baron Deathmark will be making a return to announce all the brutal Warzone Arena action :jawa_biggrin:

Hello, I made a comment on this in reddit but thought I would bring it here since many agree.

Can you have him rerecord "Get a cleaner droid!"

It sounds like he is saying "Druid" or "Gurrid".

Not a huge deal of-course. Just thought I ask :)

lol I wonder if bioware is aware that there are other male voice actors than steve blum :D

Why would you need anyone else? Steve Blum is awesome guy for doing battle commentaries

This is just based off of my experience with wow's arenas, but facerolls end quickly anyway since everyone on one side is dead super fast and that ends the match. The bigger issue with time is turtles. If you have a team that is virtually unkillable, they can just go in and sit there till the other team gives up in frustration.

IMO, having a turtle team is just as much fun, as it is completely viable tactic, Healers and Tanks need to be appreciated more in PvP (tanks especially, I has been a while since I got MvP on my tank for shielding crapload of damage, healers are a bit more appreciated)

What is amazing Alex is you can say things like this.. and not get ganked for it. :)

Standard forum procedure is to gank anyone who says effectively "soon". :p

You clearly have good forum mojo. :D

He actually has me thinking these could be better than I expect...it's amazing what a little interaction can do for perception.

I'm feeling...... woozie. :p

I'm extremely pleased to see you being a weensie bit optimistic though. :D It's a good look on you. :)

Edited by Andryah

Its not the term soon that gets you a riot

Its releasing information that wasnt expected and then stating more info ....soon....

As far as Arenas, its been announced, we know when well get it, We know the size and the number or maps. We know the rule set (For the most part)

The questions being asked now are the specifics. We know well find out no later than release and we know that the information we do get is not going to incite a riot. What will incite a riot is if they said arenas are the only thing were getting this year for PvP, but soon well let ya know what to expect for our next PvP update, slated for fall of 2014.

That kinda soon is not a happy kind of soon.

The exception to this rule is if soon doesnt have a limit. For example with arenas we know soon is no later than 2.4. Where as if they said arenas would come soon (not specific to 2.4) than this would be a different story because soon might mean 1 year from now, or 1 week from now. Take 2.0. We heard terms of soon starting around 1.3? I remember around 1.6 people trying to figure out what "Very soon" meant, which was another 7 months away. In this case we know soon is probably a few weeks and no later than 2.4

PvP arena without an objective to fight over? Disappointing.

When that happened in WoW, maybe it was the removal of all other factors in battle and the way direct comparisons became more unavoidable or the way battle just became more personal, but there was a marked and dramatic increase in vitriolic balance arguments on the forums.

PvP arena without an objective to fight over? Disappointing.

When that happened in WoW, maybe it was the removal of all other factors in battle and the way direct comparisons became more unavoidable or the way battle just became more personal, but there was a marked and dramatic increase in vitriolic balance arguments on the forums.

PvP arenas with objectives are called Warzones, just saying. You cannot win WZ by pure deathmatch. In arena, deatmatch is the goal

If there is no real objective the arenas will fail, ilum was a failure, smugglers den was a failure, when they tried to mix it up in ilum with the gree event pvp was a failure. You cant sandbox pvp without a purpose, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.