Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

enemies and companions are bugged during certain class missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
enemies and companions are bugged during certain class missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XantosCledwin
07.18.2013 , 12:09 AM | #1
I am experiencing a problem where my companions will fly into the ceilings of certain dungeons during class missions and be unavailable during fights. When this happens the enemies during these same dungeons will also randomly have their hit points completely reset during the middle of combat for no apparent reason (and no they aren't healing themselves, I did watch for that). This is getting to the point where I can no longer defeat even level 16 bosses when I myself am a level 18 Jedi Guardian on Defense Spec. It is downright annoying and seriously pissing me off. I really want an answer as to why this is happening from someone in the know, because simply put this is destroying my enjoyment of the game.
55 Mara / 14 Sniper / 2 Inq
41 Sin / 38 PTech / 31 Sage / 24 Vngrd / 11 Jugg
The Cledwin Legacy / The Shadowlands

XantosCledwin
07.18.2013 , 08:19 AM | #2
so am I really the only one experiencing this issue?

Beesodd
07.18.2013 , 08:44 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello XantosCledwin,

That certainly seems unusual. As a first step, please run the repair function on the launcher. You can get to this by clicking the cog icon after logging in.

Also please clear your cache, which is sometimes to blame for weird issues. To do this, navigate to the main game folder, then the swtor folder and delete the DiskCacheArena file.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

XantosCledwin
07.18.2013 , 09:37 AM | #4
I don't see a "DiskCacheArena" file in the Star Wars - The Old Republic Folder. Would it be nested under another folder or would it be named something else? I run Windows Vista on the Desktop I play the game on if that makes a difference.

And I will attempt running the Repair function to see if that helps solve the issue.

Beesodd
07.18.2013 , 09:39 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Yep, in the main folder you'll find a folder called "swtor" in lowercase. Open that and you should find a "retailclient" folder -you can leave this alone - and the DiskCacheArena file. Nuke this one.

XantosCledwin
07.18.2013 , 09:42 AM | #6
this won't delete my characters or progress in the game will it?

Beesodd
07.18.2013 , 09:48 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Not at all. It's just a cache file for the game. It'll be recreated when you restart, and will just pull it from the HDD.

XantosCledwin
07.18.2013 , 09:59 AM | #8
I assume I should clear that from time to time?

Beesodd
07.18.2013 , 10:04 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Some players choose to do so, myself included. It's usually the first thing to check when a "weird" issue is occuring and it's not affecting all players.