Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

launcher issue

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Melawyn
07.17.2013 , 11:33 PM | #1
hit a lag spike on nar shadda the my connection to server was lost then the game crashed. when i restarted it and hit play , i got a red message saying the launcher was having problems connecting and to check forums. my internet connection is fine. anyone else having this prob.?

Missy_Betros
07.17.2013 , 11:34 PM | #2
Yes. I am experiencing the same issues. Been having bad lag spikes and disconnects for the last three hours.

Beruthien
07.17.2013 , 11:43 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Melawyn,

Do you get the "Launcher Service is unavailable message" even before you log in?

Thanks!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Melawyn
07.17.2013 , 11:47 PM | #4
i get the message after i click play and it goes for a about a minute without doing anything then get the message.

Beruthien
07.17.2013 , 11:51 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Melawyn,

Could you please try the steps below to see if the help with the issue?
  • Ensure that your computers and accounts date, time and time zone are set correctly.
  • Try flushing the DNS cache.(When doing this make sure you run the cmd as administrator.)
  • Remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.
  • Download the launcher installation file from www.swtor.com/download and run it over the current installation.
If these steps do not resolve the issue please come back to us.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Melawyn
07.18.2013 , 09:14 AM | #6
correction: after I put in my login information and hit enter/login button thats when it would go a for a bit and then give me the red message about the launcher. It never turned to "play".

I flushed the IPDNS, I did Microsoft update and got some updates and then I restarted the computer. a few hours and then turned it off. I just started the game and it went to play and now its connecting to th eserver. and its on the character screen. There are tmes I have to do that anyways becuase the game will d/c me or I migh leave it server screen and go afk for a few hrs and hwne I come back or try to get back in, it says my account is not authorized to use the servers, so restarting the game and relogging uusally fixes that so thought it might in this case too.