Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Ashara originally intended to be LS/DS like Jaesa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Was Ashara originally intended to be LS/DS like Jaesa?

ApostleThirst
07.16.2013 , 07:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
True. He was also Mugen in Samurai Champloo, among many other things.

I also just remembered that Khem Vahl can't wear hats either.

Gah.
You really like hats don't you?

I would agree with the love for hats, but the vast majority of them are terrible :/

spectreclees
07.16.2013 , 07:36 PM | #22
I really disliked Ashara as a companion and romance. Besides Nadia who almost wins the title. She has to be one of the worst female characters implemented into the game.

Sorry women but I believe any one of you could have done better acting and had a better back story (made up in your minds) then this one did.

DOCSMonkey
07.17.2013 , 11:29 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by frankiejo View Post
But you get Andronikos Revel, who is the voice of Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, making him the coolest character in the game by default.
This.
Bounty Hunter? I prefer "Well-Compensated Establishment Provocateur."
Crestker LvL 55 Powertech
Tafahlia LvL 55 Sorcerer

Aebrynis
07.17.2013 , 04:21 PM | #24
My very first character was a Sith Inquisitor (sorceress). And when I got her, I though Ashara would make a good romance option. But no, same-gender romances were not something EAWare was going to put into the game.

I was annoyed at this. But as time went by, the annoyance faded, replaced by a sense of relief. Sure, I was still peeved there were no SGRA's, but not in regards to Ashara. She is the most insipid, brainless, whiny, dense, and outright irritating companion in the entire game, bar none. I cannot bear to roll another inquisitor (of either gender) for the fear of having to endure that hair-pulling storyline yet again.

My sorceress is 55, and I can now safely ignore the togruta twit as I PVP or whatever, but I can never attempt a Sith assassin, as I would have to put up with THE worst companion in the entire game AGAIN. For me, the one time was enough, and I am no longer annoyed at not having any real romance options (Andronikos? No thanks).

My Sith warrior is barely off of Korriban (and has been since...maybe a couple of months past launch), so I have no way to assess Jaesa, but there is simply NO WAY she can be the vacuous, brain-dead waste of pixels that is Ashara Zavros.

Jandi
07.17.2013 , 10:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
My very first character was a Sith Inquisitor (sorceress). And when I got her, I though Ashara would make a good romance option. But no, same-gender romances were not something EAWare was going to put into the game.

I was annoyed at this. But as time went by, the annoyance faded, replaced by a sense of relief. Sure, I was still peeved there were no SGRA's, but not in regards to Ashara. She is the most insipid, brainless, whiny, dense, and outright irritating companion in the entire game, bar none. I cannot bear to roll another inquisitor (of either gender) for the fear of having to endure that hair-pulling storyline yet again.

My sorceress is 55, and I can now safely ignore the togruta twit as I PVP or whatever, but I can never attempt a Sith assassin, as I would have to put up with THE worst companion in the entire game AGAIN. For me, the one time was enough, and I am no longer annoyed at not having any real romance options (Andronikos? No thanks).

My Sith warrior is barely off of Korriban (and has been since...maybe a couple of months past launch), so I have no way to assess Jaesa, but there is simply NO WAY she can be the vacuous, brain-dead waste of pixels that is Ashara Zavros.
I can feel your anger, the dark side is strooong with you.

I know it's a matter of personal opinion but I just can't put her as that annoying after Mako, Nadia or even Ensign Temple. The game has a serious problem with female companions being dumb, whiny and irritating. I know they are catering to a certain audience with that, but it's just not me.

We need more Risha and Kaliyo.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

TalkingDinosaur
07.18.2013 , 12:28 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
What bugs me is that neither of my damned apprentices can wear hats. It's bad enough that, as a Twi'lek, I am damned to a lack of awesome hoods and Sith masks for all eternity, but to give me not one, but TWO companions who suffer the same fate is just a low blow.

Also, yeah, I'm not terribly fond of Ashara. I thought she was awesome at first, but I really got sick of her delusions (and the fact that there are practically no companion gifts she likes if you're female).

It's too bad Xalek wasn't more interesting. A quiet, tough-guy type is fine for a background character, but compared to every other companion I've encountered, he's just so flat. The way you get to know your companions and their stories is talking to them, and "talking" is explicitly listed as something Xalek dislikes.

So, as a Sith Inquisitor I am forever stuck with Silent Sam and Moaning Myrtle for apprentices, neither of which, I might add, can wear hats.
Look at the bright side. At least you didn't marry her.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

AshlaBoga
07.18.2013 , 01:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
We need more Risha and Kaliyo.
Ugh, I disliked both of them.

We need more Akaavi and Kira.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ApostleThirst
07.18.2013 , 04:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
My disagreement of your assessment of Ashara aside, doesn't Makeb have a possible lesbian/bisexual romance arch? I know my male char was given the opportunity to take things a little past a professional relationship with the Sith Pureblood and his ridiculous twisted chin spike thing. That facial model is the bane of OCD people everywhere >.>

Er right. Makeb has new romance options if you haven't tried it out.

Aebrynis
07.18.2013 , 06:30 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

We need more Akaavi and Kira.
I would trade Ashara for either without a second thought. If either got too uppity, it's nothing a slave collar wouldn't fix. Ashara...I wouldn't waste a good slave collar on.

MorgothPl
07.20.2013 , 01:40 AM | #30
This is the problem of Iquisitor's story. You are supposed to be the "machinator", but instead you get being manipulated in every single act, by Zash, by Thanaton, by others... And you can't even turn the lowly Padawan to the dark side. For me that's where the inquisitors story failed most.

Now look at the sith warrior. He is the master of manipulation. First you turn one of the Jedi Master dark... Even if you choose light side option, like saving Jaessa parents (which I did on my 2nd warrior) you do it to manipulate her. When you meet two Jedis at end of Act 1, you turn one of them dark side. Then on Belsavis you can trick the Jedi to kill unarmed opponent and break his code. That is what I wanted my inquisitor to do.... But I couldn't twist minds of opponents and allies, until I rolled warrior.

And yes, Ashara is boring. She is on the Sith ship, serves member of Dark Council, and still believes she is Jedi. Hogwash, my dark side sorceress would just make sure Ashara left the ship... Quite permanently.