Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are you currently reading?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
What are you currently reading?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cyberwoman
07.17.2013 , 12:09 PM | #1
I usually have several books going at once, but at the moment I am concentrating on The Voyage Out (1915) by my favorite author Virgina Woolf. I have decided to read her works in chronological order, so I can experience how her writing style evolves over time.

Apart form that, I have several Doctor Who tie-in books on the go, and a few of Christopher Isherwood's stories (Namely Mr Norris Changes Trains, The Berlin Stories and A Single Man)
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

Tatile
07.17.2013 , 01:49 PM | #2
Reading War and Peace but I am so really lazy that I'm barely through Book Two.

I took a break in the middle of Demons to read 1984, then forgot to back to it, did the same with Crime and Punishment...

Love me some classical Russian fiction, but it's all so long.

I have a long reading list of "If I had the money", as well, starting with Gail Simone.

Darth_Moonshadow
07.17.2013 , 01:57 PM | #3
Nothing but fan fiction, seeing as how all the top best sellers today are the same. Boy/Girl falls in love with [Insert mythical creature here] and four terrible books later, marries said creature and becomes one with their world.

Meeeeeh.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Tatile
07.17.2013 , 02:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Nothing but fan fiction, seeing as how all the top best sellers today are the same. Boy/Girl falls in love with [Insert mythical creature here] and four terrible books later, marries said creature and becomes one with their world.

Meeeeeh.
Dancing with Pocahontas in Fern Gully? A tale as old as time, but drier than most actual history.

Don't read as much fanfiction as I used to or should be, sadly.

TheNahash
07.17.2013 , 04:40 PM | #5
Stephen King's Joyland and Robert M. Pirsig's Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I plan on finishing them by the end of August and then I'll start Richard Dawkins' The Greatest Show on Earth.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Lordmird
07.17.2013 , 04:42 PM | #6
Your thread.
"Who dares wins" "By Strength and Guile" "Per Mare, Per Terram" "Utrinque Paratus" Her Majesty's best
Could you do it?

Ren_simp
07.17.2013 , 06:04 PM | #7
Crossroads of twilight from the wheel of time epic its the tenth book from that series
What a epic
Also finishing up on the fate of the Jedi series think theres 1 more book to read
Republic Diehard

SithKoriandr
07.18.2013 , 09:23 PM | #8
50 Shades Trilogy, Faceless by Debra Webb, not sure if rereading manga counts (for this thread), but currently rereading Kashimashi.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Aurbere
07.18.2013 , 09:34 PM | #9
Prey, by Michael Crichton.

For Star Wars, I'm currently reading the Dark Nest Trilogy.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Guardian_Scott
07.24.2013 , 10:40 PM | #10
The Lightbringer Trilogy by Brent Weeks

SWs: I'm reading the Fate of the Jedi series... on the second to last one I think. Also recently picked up that 25,000 bby book. Haven't tapped it yet tho.
─────>ΞϿ}OT LEGACY{ϾΞ<─────
"Kill with purpose... fight for pleasure."
DeviantArt