Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Real Most Powerful Starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Real Most Powerful Starfighter

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 12:08 PM | #1
Ok Kids Beniboybling is busy doing about 3 of these threads so I figured I'd share some of the load with him and kick off the most powerful Starfighter.

These are snub fighters like the X-Wing, or TIE Fighter. No transports, capital ships, shuttles etc. only star fighters. Also if there are many variations EX: X-wing. T65a though Xj5 and up will be considered as 1 fighter. Now if there is a major branch off like the StealthX, or say the TIE interceptor, they will be treated as stand alone fighters.

1. X-Wing: I'm going to put this as number one. This is a given. Most iconic fighter in sci-fi. It's been there done that, bought the t-shirt and then some. This fighter is the benchmark.

2. TIE Defender
3. TIE Avenger
4. E-Wing
5. B-wing
6. K-Wing
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

LadyKulvax
07.17.2013 , 12:14 PM | #2
TIE Avenger is number one to me, without a doubt, as an X-wing vs TIE Fighter veteran the Avenger class was without a doubt the best, it was faster, quicker, fastest rate of fire.

It was small and nimble with an armament to match any other starfighter and had one of the best starfighter hyperdrives as well as better shielding than any Imperial or Rebel starfighter.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 12:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
TIE Avenger is number one to me, without a doubt, as an X-wing vs TIE Fighter veteran the Avenger class was without a doubt the best, it was faster, quicker, fastest rate of fire.

It was small and nimble with an armament to match any other starfighter and had one of the best starfighter hyperdrives as well as better shielding than any Imperial or Rebel starfighter.
Don't have to sell me on the Avenger. I did the dissertation of the TIE Avenger on the forums. Probably my favorite star fighter in the SW universe. However, I am not trying to be biased here. And most people probably consider the X-wing the best fighter. Now if it is proven wrong it isn't I will more than happily take the X-wing out of number 1.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Wolfninjajedi
07.17.2013 , 12:18 PM | #4
Edit: Wait a sec, actually I change it. I'll pull for the Avenger for the #2 spot and ARC for #3.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 12:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I think for #2 I shall nominate the ARC Starfighter.

Class 1.5 hyperdrives, can move incredibly fast in the atmosphere and in space, mounted laser cannons in both front and back, rugged and able to do independent operations.
Ok so right now two nominations for #2, ARC fighter and TIE Avenger.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Wolfninjajedi
07.17.2013 , 12:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Ok so right now two nominations for #2, ARC fighter and TIE Avenger.
I edited.

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 12:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I edited.
Ok so Tie Avenger for #2, ARC for number 3. Ok since it's only 3 people so far tracking, I'm going to wait for others to weigh in before assigning ships to slots.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

LadyKulvax
07.17.2013 , 12:24 PM | #8
Canonically though the Avenger was superior to the X-wing in all but one way, it wasn't as modifiable due to size difference and the X-wing therefore had a bigger and thus better hyperdrive, beyond that though, the Avenger makes the X-wing look as old as it really is.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Wolfninjajedi
07.17.2013 , 12:24 PM | #9
Edit: Wait I forget were including the variants.

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 12:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Canonically though the Avenger was superior to the X-wing in all but one way, it wasn't as modifiable due to size difference and the X-wing had a better hyperdrive, beyond that though, the Avenger makes the X-wing look as old as it really is.
A T-65A-C? sure. An XJ3 or better, not so much.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy