Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BUTTFORCE
07.17.2013 , 11:40 AM | #321
As an Independent Contractor working with Nezra's Cartel, I can reinforce his application in high regard. There is no one else in the Galaxy who could better facilitate a beneficial relationship with the Czerka Corporation. Although I am not in a position to divulge much of the workings of the Cartel, I can only confirm that the resources available within Nezra's Cartel are unmatched.

/naiad

Thiesus
07.17.2013 , 11:47 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Join the Czerka team! Please fill out the following application and respond in this thread to be considered for the open positions listed here.

CZ-198 Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
Name is Vistros. A sith. Regardless, of what I am, I seek employment with your securities. As to my past...well, that is just best kept extremely under wraps. Czerka means power. I like power. It also means that that are a connection I would like to have.

Ah. Now, I wouldn't mind sharing some of my accomplishments. First would be the revenge for my brother's killers and the enslavement they put us through. Second would be the rather secret slaughtering of fellow Acolytes while we were tested with gathering 'test subjects' on a farm. They were sorely missed. The last would be the 'disappearance' of several political figures and their families.

First one I hid a knife, stabbed one of the slavers in the leg and took his gun. There were no witnesses to this. Second, they underestimated me, just like I planned. I made myself appear weak and of low intellect. They assumed a slave wouldn't have the power. Their rotting corpses shall never be found. No witnesses left after I was done. Last. I infiltrated their ranks. I poisoned one of them, framed his brother. Slit the throat of another. Framed one of her bodyguards. Drowned one more. A Jedi found me. He just joined the others. I could go on, but I won't. So, yeah, I say I'll do whatever it takes.

No such thing as a moral compass for me. Hardly. I enjoy the questionables. They usually involve my favorite past-times. Murder, betrayal, and sabotage.

Well, I would make sure that he would be the only one in its way when it broke loose. Afterwards, I will quickly subdue it. If I can't subdue it, I'll just make sure that it can be salvaged.
"There is no emotion they said. There is peace they said. Then explain why I'm in the middle of a war!?"

Anosa
07.17.2013 , 11:54 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Is this some sort of role playing thing?
im going to assume they are using a roleplaying feature to bring about players ideas for new content. Thats why they are making this all R&D based.
Meow

ZionHalcyon
07.17.2013 , 11:57 AM | #324
I do find it sad that the applications that are getting the responses tend to be the more dry and humorless in tone.

GragorArtis
07.17.2013 , 11:59 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
I do find it sad that the applications that are getting the responses tend to be the more dry and humorless in tone.
Indeed, I found mine to be pretty good but not in a humorless tone and have yet to receive a response.

cloudgodd
07.17.2013 , 12:00 PM | #326
Application For: Security Officer: Completion of Class Seven psychological profile required. Applicants with abundant conflict experience will receive priority consideration.

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

I am a hunter, I have hunted the greatest in the galaxy. I could tell some of my more recent targets however if I divulge that information I would have to kill you, and that would get us no where., I rely mostly on imperial funding for missions and looting the corpses of my foes. I require a more steady flow of income as I like money. The more money the better, and what better way to earn it then squishing heads....or I mean defending property.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

I am the undisputed winner of THE GREAT HUNT (haven't heard of it? count your blessings)
I have done a great many missions for the Empire, and Mandalore. I have held a temporary position for Mandalore himself.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

I am a hunter, so
1) NO Bounty Is Worth Dying For
2) People Don't Have Bounties, Only Acquisitions Have Bounties
3) Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity.
4) No Hunter Shall Slay Another Hunter (unless the credits are REALLY good also see rule 1)
5) No Hunter Shall Interfere With Another's Hunt (see rule 4 footnote)
6) In the Hunt One Captures or Kills, Never Both.
7) No Hunter Shall Refuse Aid to Another Hunter. (see also rule 1)

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

Please See Answer 3, however saying that everyone has their price. Make me an offer.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

Easy, I would check for a bounty on my esteemed colleague (for he may have be this incompetent in the past there maybe money to make) Second I would direct all reports to the Human Relations division as I can not confirm or deny anything. Third I would testify that in the Empire's favorite phrase "I do not recall that, Sir"

In conclusion I would like to add that I am a professional, and handle myself accordingly...If given the position of Security Officer (Hunter with a Badge) I would conduct business with the utmost professionalism. (unless paid to do otherwise)
CLOUDGODD in Beta (various games) since 2003 lol and I think aurek-besh should be added to the sig fonts

CommanderKeeva
07.17.2013 , 12:01 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Bendu View Post
What is the end game of all this? Sounds cool, but is this something that will be in game in more ways then just the new flashpoints etc...or is this simply a forum thing?
I think there's more to it than just posting an application for no apparent reason. Candidates deemed successful might get an in-game title (perhaps the position they were applying for) or a pet or something. At least that's what I'd guess.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

GragorArtis
07.17.2013 , 12:02 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I think there's more to it than just posting an application for no apparent reason. Candidates deemed successful might get an in-game title (perhaps the position they were applying for) or a pet or something. At least that's what I'd guess.
Read the Game Update page for 2.3. It says what you get.

DragonBurp
07.17.2013 , 12:07 PM | #329
CZ-198 Application

My greetings to you. I am Ardalla Bloodspeaker, Jedi Knight. I have found your recent communication intriguing, and therefore have decided to submit my credentials to your scrutiny. Although my training has prepared me to handle nearly any position, I am satisfied at this time seeking employment as a Research Contributor. I still have many things to learn from the Jedi Order, but joining the Czerka family can supplement this training with valuable experience.

The Jedi order provides a single viewpoint of the universe. While that may be enough for most, my goals are much farther reaching than that. Czerka can provide a wide range of experiences and opportunities that cannot be found anywhere else in the galaxy.

What I have accomplished in the past is immaterial. The important question is what my next accomplishments will be – for myself and for Czerka. If you look too long at the past you will rob yourself of the future.

The Force is my ally, it will not abandon me as I will not abandon it. Together we have achieved many accomplishments, whether by diplomacy or action. Only a fool would blindly do “whatever it takes” to accomplish a goal. Before striving toward any goal, you must first look to your own limits. If you reach that limit and you have not succeeded, then you fail. Many times failure yields more information than success, and then you are better prepared for your next goal.

I maintain my own moral compass, I do not care what others think of it being right or wrong. I will not betray the Jedi Order, but other than that the only way to experience everything the Universe has to offer is to get your hands dirty.

I would be sure to inform security and other guests about the danger, and let them deal with the issue. During the ensuing panic, I would be sure to lace the snacks with a mild poison. Not enough to kill anyone, but something to give them some notable intestinal discomfort. I would perform this function as a service to Czerka. Undoubtedly most of the guests would have been smart enough to check for tampering with the food when they arrived, but if they are foolish enough not to check again after an obvious distraction then they likely do not have the awareness that a good Czerka employee should have.

I look forward to hearing your response to my application. You should be able to reach me on my ship’s holocomm if you have any additional questions or information. If not, it is your loss.

ZionHalcyon
07.17.2013 , 12:07 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
Indeed, I found mine to be pretty good but not in a humorless tone and have yet to receive a response.
It's not to say the one's responded to weren't creative - they were.

But the tone was such that you could easily believe the same person wrote all of them.

It doesn't say much for Ms. Woods' tastes in terms of diversity, sadly.