Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So who do we report exploits to?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So who do we report exploits to?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JimG
07.17.2013 , 11:24 AM | #1
I came across a credit exploit and submitted an in-game ticket and an email yesterday and have heard nothing back. I don't want to post the exploit on the customer service forum for obvious reasons because people might try to use the exploit before it's fixed. So who or where is the best place to direct an exploit so it gets shut down promptly?

Beetlewings
07.17.2013 , 11:27 AM | #2
Just create a ticket in game?

CarlosTrevisan
07.17.2013 , 11:28 AM | #3
You can report to me. Just send me a private message with the details of your credit exploit
SWTOR: A single use Color Dye costs the same as the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion
-RISE OF THE HUTT CARTEL: you have: *increased level Cap; *New Skills; *acess to new gear; *expand your Star Wars Saga; *Access to new Elder Game Content; *uncover new devices
-Black and Black Dye Color you can: *paint the torso of an armor

ImpactHound
07.17.2013 , 11:28 AM | #4
Was it related to collections? because its a known issue.

The game has had a long and interesting history of free money from nothing, I can just imagine what else will generate it in the future.

ImmortalLowlife
07.17.2013 , 11:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlosTrevisan View Post
You can report to me. Just send me a private message with the details of your credit exploit
Ikr!
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

KurganNazzir
07.17.2013 , 11:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I came across a credit exploit and submitted an in-game ticket and an email yesterday and have heard nothing back. I don't want to post the exploit on the customer service forum for obvious reasons because people might try to use the exploit before it's fixed. So who or where is the best place to direct an exploit so it gets shut down promptly?
You already did what you can do, now it's up to BioWare to do their part.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Soluss
07.17.2013 , 11:48 AM | #7
That's not something they are likely to discuss, even with the person that sent the ticket in. You did what you could do.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

JimG
07.17.2013 , 12:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beetlewings View Post
Just create a ticket in game?
As my original post said, already did that.
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlosTrevisan View Post
Sure thing, as soon you buy my swamp land in Florida, then I'll send that PM over to you with all the details

Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Was it related to collections? because its a known issue.
Nope, not collections.
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
That's not something they are likely to discuss, even with the person that sent the ticket in.
Oh, I don't expect anything to be discussed with me. Just a simple acknowledgment of receipt and that someone is reviewing the info I provided.

Hizoka
07.17.2013 , 01:02 PM | #9
it does not matter who you report exploits too they simply do not care about them because it would cost them a player.

EricMusco
07.17.2013 , 01:05 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Hey JimG,

As folks have stated in this thread the right thing to do is definitely to submit an in-game ticket (as you have done). It may take a bit before you get a response but that is the correct path! If you want, shoot me a PM with the ticket # and I can make sure the right eyes see it.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]