Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In light of all the "Vote Kick" and PuG threads recently....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
In light of all the "Vote Kick" and PuG threads recently....

Ocho-Quatro
07.17.2013 , 08:50 AM | #1
I started documenting some of my favorite PuG experiences.... (Some good, some terribad)

http://mellowyellowbelly.blogspot.com/

I'm going to attempt to keep it updated as much as I can, because I PuG a LOT... so the stories do tend to come quite frequently.
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe (55) Sage - Ellip'sis (55) Vanguard - Quotation (55) Sentinel
Aster'isk (55) Mercenary - Back'slash (55) Assassin - Per'iod (55) Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

Never_Hesitate
07.17.2013 , 09:01 AM | #2
Lol on the Merc Taunt story
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Atramar
07.17.2013 , 09:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Lol on the Merc Taunt story
indeed. funny.

on a side note, I actually did have a dps jugg who was taunting and aoe taunting off my tank in mandalorian raiders hm... he said, it was to save healer trouble of healing me
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Never_Hesitate
07.17.2013 , 09:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
indeed. funny.

on a side note, I actually did have a dps jugg who was taunting and aoe taunting off my tank in mandalorian raiders hm... he said, it was to save healer trouble of healing me
I once had a jugg offtank in Karaggas Palace who used intercede on me, to keep presure of the healer.
A nice gesture if the boss wouldn't have turned to the dps and healer crowd and hit them really hard

I can remember a tank in Foundry HM in the fight against Revan once (pre 1.2) when he said "why aren't you interrupting this ability?" as the healer there I answered "I'm healing you, I don't have the time to watch his castbar as well" back came "no, not you, the dps", I said on that "they're both mercs they don't have an interrupt" good old times
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,

mikebevo
07.17.2013 , 09:41 AM | #5
I can remember a tank in Foundry HM in the fight against Revan once (pre 1.2) when he said "why aren't you interrupting this ability?" as the healer there I answered "I'm healing you, I don't have the time to watch his castbar as well" back came "no, not you, the dps", I said on that "they're both mercs they don't have an interrupt" good old times
Use to run PUGs after work every day with a friend and guild mate, one week we got on a roll The False Emperor like 10 times on running 2 PUGs a day on two different toons. (me dps/heals, friend Tank/heals/dps). We were all fresh 50s at the time and I will still learning how to play a MMO. However, being someone really worried about causing a wipe I studied the instances and the fights. Everytime, my friend would ask does everyone know the fight and always everyone would say yes. When he was on his shadow tank, we never had a problem, but when he was on his commando either as heals or dps, we noticed no one, but one of us, would ever interrupt Unlimited Power, so we got to playing a game with each other waiting until the last possible moment to use our interrupt and scaring each other to death. 10 times in a row and people that said they knew the fight never interrupted what was back then a sure wipe. Really good learning experience for me as a healer as it taught me to use focus target and to watch what others were doing in a instance and what was going on in a fight. Before I only focused on myself getting out of AoEs and others peoples health bars. Still laugh when I get talked into healing HMFE for someone and I still wait until the last second to interrupt Unlimited Power though now it just isn't the same since it will not wipe the group.

Never_Hesitate
07.17.2013 , 10:00 AM | #6
It's not that I have a problem doing it now, but back then I think I didn't even use focus target.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:

Ocho-Quatro
07.17.2013 , 10:05 AM | #7
It's not that I have a problem doing it now, but back then I think I didn't even use focus target.
I had a level 50 already and was working on leveling my second one, before I even knew that Focus Target existed.... hehe
The Punctuation Legacy

Never_Hesitate
07.17.2013 , 10:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
I had a level 50 already and was working on leveling my second one, before I even knew that Focus Target existed.... hehe
Haha you were a noob
*Scratches head* oh wait I was a giant noob as well
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:

Ocho-Quatro
07.17.2013 , 10:11 AM | #9
Haha you were a noob
*Scratches head* oh wait I was a giant noob as well
hehe..... People still learn things everyday.

I told a friend the other day, that he could convert warzone coms to planet coms, when he was complaining there was nothing to do pre-level 40 with warzone coms.

My friend: "Yeah, I know... but I don't feel like clicking a million times to convert them."

Me: "You know, you can shift-click and buy them in stacks right?"

My friend: ".................. oh I am such a noob"

Me: "You're Welcome."
The Punctuation Legacy

mikebevo
07.17.2013 , 10:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
Well don't look at me, I didn't figure it out until then and I already had two level 50s.

I still get a chuckle when people don't have target of target turned on (especially tanks), but then remember I did not either on my first toon until we were about to pull Bonethrasher the first time I was in KP.