Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Starglitter
07.17.2013 , 09:35 AM | #161
Mmm...

This has been done in other games with very mixed results, often it falls to the personalities of the class subject matter expert or champion, if one person is a very dominant "alpha" you will see the great bulk of improvements occur to the class being championed by the dominant personality, and really wind up with notable class unbalances.

While I do like the idea of class representatives, in general, I do urge caution and a good plan on how this representatives are used. Also from my experience with other games, I feel really sorry for them: For ti will be a very ungrateful job filled with folks taking pot shots at them in horrid numbers.

Since this game does support a limited fashion of PvP, class balance is very important in a one-on-one basis and in groups, a very tough set of requirements. I do, in all sincerity, wish you all the luck in the world...

Sue

Andryah
07.17.2013 , 09:46 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Starglitter View Post
While I do like the idea of class representatives, in general, I do urge caution and a good plan on how this representatives are used. Also from my experience with other games, I feel really sorry for them: For ti will be a very ungrateful job filled with folks taking pot shots at them in horrid numbers.
I agree.

I have seen this go well in MMOs and I have seen it go badly.

It comes down to the temperament and expectations of the player base more then anything else IMO. So there are limitations as to what Bioware and any of the Class Reps can actually do about it.

I think it will go well initially, but will deteriorate rather quickly because the wants/needs of the player base for this game are very fractured and the player base is pretty impatient.

But.... if you don't try it.. you will never no. So it's still the right thing to try IMO.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

branmakmuffin
07.19.2013 , 12:14 PM | #163
As with all positions of "authority," those most wanting to be class reps are by definition least suited to be class reps. And those most suited have no interest in it.

MidichIorian
07.20.2013 , 08:53 PM | #164
LoL@all the "helpful" threads and guides that popped up after that this was announced.

paowee
07.24.2013 , 10:41 AM | #165
any updates on this?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

EricMusco
07.24.2013 , 12:34 PM | #166 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
any updates on this?
Was just going to do this very thing! I sent out one last round of reminder PMs to possible candidates. If you think you were nominated, please check your PMs! I will be posting the polls for each class tomorrow with candidates who have responded with interest.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pistols
07.24.2013 , 12:36 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Was just going to do this very thing! I sent out one last round of reminder PMs to possible candidates. If you think you were nominated, please check your PMs! I will be posting the polls for each class tomorrow with candidates who have responded with interest.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Hey Eric,

I replied to that PM that I was interested, but then I posted on the GS forums a few days later that I will be bowing out.

If there is another candidate to take my spot, that would be fine, but I am no longer interested for the class (biding my time for when/if the PvP spot opens).

Thanks!

SithEBM
07.24.2013 , 01:01 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Scotland isn't able to reply at this time; I am a messenger for him because he asked me to post this in-game.

Scotland accepts.

EricMusco
07.25.2013 , 10:12 AM | #169 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks!

Just a quick update, I have posted the polls for all Advanced Classes with their respective nominations! Head on over to your Advanced Class forum and be sure to vote!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pistols
07.25.2013 , 10:49 AM | #170
Good luck to those running.

I shall patiently wait till they open a PvP rep spot.