Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kicking from group...?

Kurso
07.16.2013 , 01:51 PM | #31
I kick a lot of people from groups. Here are my top 5 reasons:

1) DPS queues as tank, to queue pop faster, without sufficient points in tanking tree or appropriate gear.
2) DPS queues as healer, to queue pop faster, without sufficient points in the healing tree or appropriate gear.
3) Loot ninja needs on everything.
4) Coming into the FP and going AFK
5) Being a jerk to the other people in the FP

I never kick people for being bad, to hoard loot, because they haven't run it before, or not space baring.
Kurso of the Jedi Order

Margoth
07.16.2013 , 03:03 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
Wow tanks must hate you.

In my experience, DPS should focus down Weak -> Normal -> Strong -> Elite -> Champion.

Why?

For every mob the DPS kill, it's one less that the tank has to hold onto. It's FAR easier for a tank to jump in and hold the biggest baddest of the group, while the DPS pick off the weaker mobs fast, then everyone focuses on the Elites/Champion.

That is like... DPS 101
Agreed.... AOE down little mobs first or if no AOE single target them. They tend to be the ones going after the healer since if there is no DPS on them it is much harder for the tank to hold them causing the healer to get aggro from heals. This is especially important if you have a Guardian/Juggernaut tank with more limited group aggro abilities.

The kill order of course gets modified situationally. Non-CCed healer mobs go down first unless there is some very situational need to take something else down.

DPS that insist on ignoring the little guys to get the "big guy down" deserve a vote kick.

Atramar
07.17.2013 , 02:55 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
Wow tanks must hate you.

In my experience, DPS should focus down Weak -> Normal -> Strong -> Elite -> Champion.

Why?

For every mob the DPS kill, it's one less that the tank has to hold onto. It's FAR easier for a tank to jump in and hold the biggest baddest of the group, while the DPS pick off the weaker mobs fast, then everyone focuses on the Elites/Champion.

That is like... DPS 101
so many high level alts, so little understanding of a joke. see he made '' - that's your first clue.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Never_Hesitate
07.17.2013 , 03:20 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
so many high level alts, so little understanding of a joke. see he made '' - that's your first clue.
Thank you for recognizing it.
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

Michirure
07.17.2013 , 03:24 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Too true, some people just can't get sarcasm - there is almost always someone who takes it seriously and responses in indignation, even when the text is completely tongue in cheek.

JEEJohnson
07.17.2013 , 04:10 AM | #36
The only time I vote kick is if a player is not specced for their role, or just doesn't play their role (once had a healer, in heal spec who just dps'd never healer). The only time I have ever been kicked is when a healer who was the same class as me didn't want to fight me for loot. He said "Either we kick her or I leave and you wasit for another healer" and the people in the group argeed!
Starlight Legacy - Ebon hawk. enjoys PVP even if I am awful at it

Never_Hesitate
07.17.2013 , 04:41 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JEEJohnson View Post
The only time I vote kick is if a player is not specced for their role, or just doesn't play their role (once had a healer, in heal spec who just dps'd never healer). The only time I have ever been kicked is when a healer who was the same class as me didn't want to fight me for loot. He said "Either we kick her or I leave and you wasit for another healer" and the people in the group argeed!
That's the time when I say "You can leave and I will swap gear and specc so we won't have to wait that long "

PS: To kick someone because he got loot (ninjalooting is excluded here) is a very douchy move
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

JEEJohnson
07.17.2013 , 05:01 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
That's the time when I say "You can leave and I will swap gear and specc so we won't have to wait that long "

PS: To kick someone because he got loot (ninjalooting is excluded here) is a very douchy move
I would have re-speced, but I don't have field spec, and I don't like healing on my Op. The healer did PM me after saying it was nothing personal, but as he was healer he was the group leader and if I had offered to pass on all cunning gear, he would have let me stay. I just replied with a "How kind of you" and then /ignore
Starlight Legacy - Ebon hawk. enjoys PVP even if I am awful at it

Atramar
07.17.2013 , 05:03 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by JEEJohnson View Post
I would have re-speced, but I don't have field spec, and I don't like healing on my Op. The healer did PM me after saying it was nothing personal, but as he was healer he was the group leader and if I had offered to pass on all cunning gear, he would have let me stay. I just replied with a "How kind of you" and then /ignore
oh dear. what a douche... glad I'm on different server not to meet him ever. on that note, I mostly do FPs with my healers or tanks , so woulnd't happen any way.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Reallynotaknight
07.17.2013 , 06:13 AM | #40
I hate kicking people, but lately I have been doing three man runs of the lower flashpoints with friends. We pug for the weekly, and so people actually have a chance to join a group.
Someone who only uses one attack sitting at range from everything, while pulling before my tank buddy? Kicked
Any form of ninja, kicked. I always ask why someone rolled need, no response gone. Roll need on something that someone actually needed, kicked with no explanation.