Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is October in Summer?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

annabethchase
07.16.2013 , 08:21 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
Calling the next big content roadmap blog post the Fall of SWTOR would be awkward.
Ah the old double meaning. Sort of like the triple or more meanings of Winterfell in Game of Thrones. Maybe there's some hidden meaning behind what's in this Summer of SW update and we just haven't figured it out yet.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

amclu
07.16.2013 , 08:30 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Ah the old double meaning. Sort of like the triple or more meanings of Winterfell in Game of Thrones. Maybe there's some hidden meaning behind what's in this Summer of SW update and we just haven't figured it out yet.

Holy crap! I never put that together! Winterfell... damn!

Glzmo
07.17.2013 , 02:58 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Wait...there are seasons other than Summer? Here in Texas, we would never know that. Note: I do not like hot weather.

When we made the Summer of SWTOR post we knew that inevitably we would start to see questions about what is coming after the Summer. We figured we would preempt that by just telling you about it right out of the gates. That is why we are talking about things beyond Summer.

I know you were just making the thread out of jest, but it gave me an excuse to complain about the Texas heat...and to answer you.

-eric
That's really cool. But all I can see is PVE and PVP stuff. Would you be so kind and tell us what things you have planned for the third great pillar of this game - roleplay? An update on the status and ETA for chat bubbles, perhaps? extending the duration of rest abilities so they can be used for roleplay? Being able to sit on all chairs? Hood up/down feature? A field for the biography? An appearance tab? Allowing people to enter empty versions of instanced areas for roleplaying purposes? Anything else? Certainly you can't have nothing planned for roleplayers at all. The roleplaying community would like to know what you have in store for us in the summer and beyond!

AlexDougherty
07.17.2013 , 03:02 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
It's always summer in Texas.
Try England, I don't think we had a summer last year.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Jandi
07.17.2013 , 03:03 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Try England, I don't think we had a summer last year.
I'm Finnish, your weather is tropical compared to what we have here.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

OddballEasyEight
07.17.2013 , 04:07 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
That's really cool. But all I can see is PVE and PVP stuff. Would you be so kind and tell us what things you have planned for the third great pillar of this game - roleplay? An update on the status and ETA for chat bubbles, perhaps? extending the duration of rest abilities so they can be used for roleplay? Being able to sit on all chairs? Hood up/down feature? A field for the biography? An appearance tab? Allowing people to enter empty versions of instanced areas for roleplaying purposes? Anything else? Certainly you can't have nothing planned for roleplayers at all. The roleplaying community would like to know what you have in store for us in the summer and beyond!
As someone who dabbles in roleplay from time to time, i can tell you that there will never be a patch devoted to roleplayers.
We will be lucky if we get chat bubbles at all and if we do it wont be as part of a roleplayer focused patch, but just as a sidenotice in a regular patch.

CrazyMcGee
07.17.2013 , 04:09 AM | #37
Well in the Southern Hemisphere, October actually is kind of the start of summer. Spring at the very least.

So using terms like "summer" are actually pretty meaningless at all... unless you totally favour your US and European users and don't really care about APAC, which isn't the case here, oh wait....

Bomyne
07.17.2013 , 04:38 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Well in the Southern Hemisphere, October actually is kind of the start of summer. Spring at the very least.

So using terms like "summer" are actually pretty meaningless at all... unless you totally favour your US and European users and don't really care about APAC, which isn't the case here, oh wait....
*whispers* Summer actually starts in December though to February.

I do agree with you about Spring. Sometimes it's pretty hot here in Spring and considering the terrible winter we're having, i can't wait.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

kirorx
07.17.2013 , 08:02 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
I respect your perseverence but you may have to accept that this not going to happen here is SWTOR.

They have already been clear that the engine performance issues were too great to implement this.

Don't get me wrong I would love chat bubbles but it's been a long time.
At this point it may improve some quality of life for the current players, but it will not bring in new players and you and I are already paying to play here wtihout chat bubbles.

I just dont see how chat bubbles would benifit EA financially anymore. I am sure this is not top priority or not even in the cards anymore.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

MajikMyst
07.17.2013 , 08:05 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Wait...there are seasons other than Summer? Here in Texas, we would never know that. Note: I do not like hot weather.

When we made the Summer of SWTOR post we knew that inevitably we would start to see questions about what is coming after the Summer. We figured we would preempt that by just telling you about it right out of the gates. That is why we are talking about things beyond Summer.

I know you were just making the thread out of jest, but it gave me an excuse to complain about the Texas heat...and to answer you.

-eric
I can verify that Texas has one season.. I spent a summer in Texas.. People were wearing shorts on Christmas eve.. I am someone from Seattle Wa.. it was a very odd sight to say the least..

There were a few days of bad weather.. During a 2 or 4 day period, there was a thin layer of frost on the ground.. The entire city shut down.. Malls and schools closed.. I found this odd as everyone drives over sized pick up trucks.. All they have to do is buy some sand bags or a few 50 lbs. bags of dog food and throw them in the back over the rear wheels..

Texas has some mean thunder storms and fire flies.. Which I thought was awesome..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.