Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RandomState's Avatar


RandomState
07.12.2013 , 05:59 AM | #5881
I have just received an email indicating that APAC consolidation will be finalised in around a month. My question is, how will name collisions be managed for those still on the APAC servers? I know a friend who moved his level 55 Bounty Hunter voluntarily lost his name to an unplayed level 1. But will it be similar to the merger of the US servers where play time, level and other factors were taken into consideration as to whom keeps their name and who must inevitably lose theirs, or will APAC characters simply lose out. Or in other words, are my level 50+ characters really going to lose their names to unplayed level 1 characters just because I was unfortunate enough to be on a sever that's no longer deemed to be necessary? What about if I have a character that's 5, 10, 15 levels above a character on the sever that mine will be merged to? A number of characters still sit on the APAC server awaiting a definitive answer to this question.
Knight: It couldn't have gone worse unless the planet exploded in a massive fireball.
Chief Engineer Arim: At least we'd be warm for that fraction of a second before we all died.

Master_Reuben's Avatar


Master_Reuben
07.15.2013 , 10:27 PM | #5882
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
If u have a spare character slot u can even just make a toon on ur origin server, login, then transfer him to destination realm to get ur legacy over there. Can also rinse and repeat the above for multiple servers if u think u might play on them some time - may aswell while its free
Pretty sure they have gotten rid of this exploit now. I transferred a toon from an APAC server with a level 32 legacy and on the US server there's no legacy at all. I think now you have to have a legacy on the destination server and/or the toon you transfer must have completed enough of it's story to have been able to start a legacy or something like that.
⋐▌╬╬ịịị╬▐⋞(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

CrazyMcGee's Avatar


CrazyMcGee
07.16.2013 , 01:29 AM | #5883
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Reuben View Post
Pretty sure they have gotten rid of this exploit now. I transferred a toon from an APAC server with a level 32 legacy and on the US server there's no legacy at all. I think now you have to have a legacy on the destination server and/or the toon you transfer must have completed enough of it's story to have been able to start a legacy or something like that.
What lvl was the toon that you moved? You have to have a toon that can have a legacy e.g. it needs to have completed chapter 1.

If you create a lvl 1 toon, as someone suggested and then move it across, you won't get the legacy. But if you transfer a post-chapter 1 toon, then you would have your legacy on that server. If you then create/transfer a lvl 1 toon to the same server, your legacy will be active and you can move the post-chapter 1 toon off again.

Zandilar's Avatar


Zandilar
07.16.2013 , 04:55 AM | #5884
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
What lvl was the toon that you moved? You have to have a toon that can have a legacy e.g. it needs to have completed chapter 1.

If you create a lvl 1 toon, as someone suggested and then move it across, you won't get the legacy. But if you transfer a post-chapter 1 toon, then you would have your legacy on that server. If you then create/transfer a lvl 1 toon to the same server, your legacy will be active and you can move the post-chapter 1 toon off again.
You can't transfer a character that is too low to have a legacy. Characters must be at least level 10 to transfer, and legacy begins at level 10. They changed when legacy begins a while ago - I think it was when the game went F2P.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

laz_AU's Avatar


laz_AU
07.17.2013 , 12:02 AM | #5885
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
You can't transfer a character that is too low to have a legacy. Characters must be at least level 10 to transfer, and legacy begins at level 10. They changed when legacy begins a while ago - I think it was when the game went F2P.
Nope - I transferred level 1 toons to each server and their legacies all transferred with them giving me an account wide legacy level of 30. Not that it matters - barely play at all since the transfer.

And here's a screeny for those who are skeptical.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/.../Untitlesd.jpg
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

Zandilar's Avatar


Zandilar
07.17.2013 , 07:18 AM | #5886
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Nope - I transferred level 1 toons to each server and their legacies all transferred with them giving me an account wide legacy level of 30. Not that it matters - barely play at all since the transfer.

And here's a screeny for those who are skeptical.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/.../Untitlesd.jpg
That's really interesting. When I transferred my last character, I specifically remember it mentioning that there was a level limit. Oh well, maybe it says one thing, but allows another?
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Evgen's Avatar


Evgen
07.22.2013 , 07:30 PM | #5887
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
That's really interesting. When I transferred my last character, I specifically remember it mentioning that there was a level limit. Oh well, maybe it says one thing, but allows another?
I could see them removing that restriction for APAC to US servers, because even low level characters will get moved eventually. They probably had it setup like normal transfers, then realized the mistake.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

WizardsDestiny's Avatar


WizardsDestiny
07.25.2013 , 03:56 PM | #5888
Just got an email saying servers will be consolidated in "one week from now, on Tuesday the 13th of August."

Last time I checked, Tuesday the 13th of August is about three weeks away.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Tork's Avatar


Tork
07.25.2013 , 04:03 PM | #5889
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
Just got an email saying servers will be consolidated in "one week from now, on Tuesday the 13th of August."
Just got that as well. Quit playing a few weeks ago though, APAC server was dead and the US lag blows.
Sub cancelled.

Thanks for the memories SWToR. I did have a great time playing and loved the character stories and companions.
Intel 3930k, Gigabyte G1.Assassin.2, 16GB RAM @ 2133MHZ, OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SSD, 2 x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB SLi, 3 x Dell U2412 monitors in portrait surround for 3880x1920 bezel adjusted resolution, 2 x 500GB HD Raid 0 for storage

Zandilar's Avatar


Zandilar
07.25.2013 , 05:11 PM | #5890
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
Just got an email saying servers will be consolidated in "one week from now, on Tuesday the 13th of August."

Last time I checked, Tuesday the 13th of August is about three weeks away.
Either the got the date wrong, or sent the e-mail out early.

Just wish they'd hurry up and get it done.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.