Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Scum & Villainy (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Scum & Villainy (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

JDotter's Avatar


JDotter
07.16.2013 , 05:55 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by ancksunamur View Post
On a completely other topic has anyone found the secret boss yet? We know the trash between Titan 6 and Thrasher reappears thats the best i can give out
I tried to go searching after we killed stryak but trash had respawned. My guess is near stryak in final room.

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
07.16.2013 , 07:02 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
And exactly how do you decide what is an exploit and what is a clever use of game mechanics & class abilities? Where do you draw the line? Here are some examples.

1) Using snipers/assassins on DG to avoid damage from Lightning Field/1 shot kill from Doom.

2) Killing the Cartel Warlords by killing Vilus Garr and Sunder at the same time, basically skipping 1/4 of the fight.

3) Using a high sniper/merc team composition on Styrak to make the manifestations easier.
Agree here, theres an obvious Line on stuff that are Exploits... finding a spot to glitch boss like 3rd boss in KP back in the day... on the other hand using smart stuff in a boss fights are fine, i mean i wont complain the other styrak kills are using 3 mers 1 sorc 1 snipers.. thats just, fine, but i will have to point out that we should not stream public during progression, stream private. post your videos after Operations are cleared.

It goes to the same Debate, someone was posting earlier against suckafish on Warlords, it took us like 5-8 attempts, maybe, to get to P4 tuchuk... then 5 hours trying to kill it that way, until we saw their stream, found out the "cheap" strat. and killed it 1 hour later... strategy they took from 7stuck STREAM... their kill took around 3-4 hours not counting day earlier, and they never killed Sunder P3, because of the achievements on Streamer that proves it... then they had 5-6 hours advantage of timing ahead of us from Warlords, which gave them time advantage on styrak and probably reason for 2nd place ... and t has A LOT to do with 7stuck stream on Warlords.... Wheres the line between Fair and not Fair here?, it depends on people points of views, i dont think its "cheating", its fine they had the stream public so yeah no complains there, but i dont find it fair either .... So i would just say do Private Streams during progress and avoid this whole Debate, 7Stuck probably lost his 1st -2nd place rank because of this since they were way ahead of everyone :S.
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

Ivaed's Avatar


Ivaed
07.16.2013 , 08:49 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
Agree here, theres an obvious Line on stuff that are Exploits... finding a spot to glitch boss like 3rd boss in KP back in the day... on the other hand using smart stuff in a boss fights are fine, i mean i wont complain the other styrak kills are using 3 mers 1 sorc 1 snipers.. thats just, fine, but i will have to point out that we should not stream public during progression, stream private. post your videos after Operations are cleared.

It goes to the same Debate, someone was posting earlier against suckafish on Warlords, it took us like 5-8 attempts, maybe, to get to P4 tuchuk... then 5 hours trying to kill it that way, until we saw their stream, found out the "cheap" strat. and killed it 1 hour later... strategy they took from 7stuck STREAM... their kill took around 3-4 hours not counting day earlier, and they never killed Sunder P3, because of the achievements on Streamer that proves it... then they had 5-6 hours advantage of timing ahead of us from Warlords, which gave them time advantage on styrak and probably reason for 2nd place ... and t has A LOT to do with 7stuck stream on Warlords.... Wheres the line between Fair and not Fair here?, it depends on people points of views, i dont think its "cheating", its fine they had the stream public so yeah no complains there, but i dont find it fair either .... So i would just say do Private Streams during progress and avoid this whole Debate, 7Stuck probably lost his 1st -2nd place rank because of this since they were way ahead of everyone :S.
Actually I brought up that strat long before anyone saw 7stuck doing it on their stream. Before I transferred and I joined SuckaFish we used to run that strat sometimes in Tempest on Pot5 just for $&!#$ and giggles during our HM runs. That strat is old news and we didnt have to "steal" it from anyone. It's been around for months.
Ivaed LVL 55 Bodyguard Mercenary Twitch.tv
The Bastion -- Founder -- <SuckaFish>
SUCKAFISH.ENJIN.COM

Iggyemu's Avatar


Iggyemu
07.16.2013 , 08:51 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
Agree here, theres an obvious Line on stuff that are Exploits... finding a spot to glitch boss like 3rd boss in KP back in the day... on the other hand using smart stuff in a boss fights are fine, i mean i wont complain the other styrak kills are using 3 mers 1 sorc 1 snipers.. thats just, fine, but i will have to point out that we should not stream public during progression, stream private. post your videos after Operations are cleared.

It goes to the same Debate, someone was posting earlier against suckafish on Warlords, it took us like 5-8 attempts, maybe, to get to P4 tuchuk... then 5 hours trying to kill it that way, until we saw their stream, found out the "cheap" strat. and killed it 1 hour later... strategy they took from 7stuck STREAM... their kill took around 3-4 hours not counting day earlier, and they never killed Sunder P3, because of the achievements on Streamer that proves it... then they had 5-6 hours advantage of timing ahead of us from Warlords, which gave them time advantage on styrak and probably reason for 2nd place ... and t has A LOT to do with 7stuck stream on Warlords.... Wheres the line between Fair and not Fair here?, it depends on people points of views, i dont think its "cheating", its fine they had the stream public so yeah no complains there, but i dont find it fair either .... So i would just say do Private Streams during progress and avoid this whole Debate, 7Stuck probably lost his 1st -2nd place rank because of this since they were way ahead of everyone :S.
Carl I respect you bro. But there is a long time between now and the next nightmare mode instance to hold this kind of bitterness. Look we aren't as good as Drop It Like It's Hoth...we are OK with that. You guys aren't as good as us. Deal with it.
SuckaFish on The Bastion (Empire)
Tigg: Sorcerer (Corruption)
Officer/Raid Leader

http://suckafish.enjin.com/

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
07.16.2013 , 10:36 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivaed View Post
Actually I brought up that strat long before anyone saw 7stuck doing it on their stream. Before I transferred and I joined SuckaFish we used to run that strat sometimes in Tempest on Pot5 just for $&!#$ and giggles during our HM runs. That strat is old news and we didnt have to "steal" it from anyone. It's been around for months.
i dont know the whole background story, all i know is the stream was available, and strat came from there, simple, i just dont like streaming during progress because of that, never liked watching other people attempts either.
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
07.16.2013 , 11:00 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggyemu View Post
Carl I respect you bro. But there is a long time between now and the next nightmare mode instance to hold this kind of bitterness. Look we aren't as good as Drop It Like It's Hoth...we are OK with that. You guys aren't as good as us. Deal with it.
i would not say anyone is better than anyone, everyone is good at that level, progression means a lot "who took more time" who raided more, but i agree with you if you say hoth are ranked 1st, you 2nd, us 3rd, perfectly accurate, there are groups that are better clearing, others are better with titles, everyone is good, so the extra arrogance is maybe, out of line.

Dont have to be so sensitive about everything, anyone say, specially when its true... right?... i just said u guys knew the strat from the stream, and not your fault, cus they were the ones streaming it, and i believe you took advantage from it ahead of us for styrak, simple, not taking any merit from other bosses or Styrak,... just a friendly comment on how i believe stream affects progression, theres no bitterness here, just an opinion, like, it or not .
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

ancksunamur's Avatar


ancksunamur
07.16.2013 , 11:08 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
Dont have to be so sensitive about everything, anyone say, specially when its true... right?... i just said u guys knew the strat from the stream, and not your fault, cus they were the ones streaming it, and i believe you took advantage from it ahead of us for styrak, simple, not taking any merit from other bosses or Styrak,... just a friendly comment on how i believe stream affects progression, theres no bitterness here, just an opinion, like, it or not .
Just as a friendly side note. How would you know if we discussed it before hand if you weren't watching our strream, am sure the grapevine was in full blossom since the weekend. Your strategy is extremely similar to Hoths, and came a couple hours after the video came out. Now am not one to speculate what is said behind closed doors or what not am just making a simple observation. But it's just an opinion like it or not
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

Abiee's Avatar


Abiee
07.16.2013 , 11:18 PM | #268
The world would be such a better place if Carl lost his forum privledges...

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
07.16.2013 , 11:20 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
i would not say anyone is better than anyone, everyone is good at that level, progression means a lot "who took more time" who raided more, but i agree with you if you say hoth are ranked 1st, you 2nd, us 3rd, perfectly accurate, there are groups that are better clearing, others are better with titles, everyone is good, so the extra arrogance is maybe, out of line.

Dont have to be so sensitive about everything, anyone say, specially when its true... right?... i just said u guys knew the strat from the stream, and not your fault, cus they were the ones streaming it, and i believe you took advantage from it ahead of us for styrak, simple, not taking any merit from other bosses or Styrak,... just a friendly comment on how i believe stream affects progression, theres no bitterness here, just an opinion, like, it or not .
...yawwwnnn...I get sleepy after doing 3 things: women, herb, and beating sore losers in progression races...can we stop the chit chat?

Ceades_End_Game's Avatar


Ceades_End_Game
07.16.2013 , 11:24 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Abiee View Post
The world would be such a better place if Carl lost his forum privledges...
Yes, I agree completely.
<Dictator ~ Raid Leader>
Mithril
Dragon Slayer ~ From Beyond ~ Eternal Warrior