Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EmblemElite
07.16.2013 , 04:24 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
"This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information"

Seems like just like in real life, no one reads the fine print.
Yes its not an exhausted list. They still havent told us about all the things they will be releasing for the cartel market! Them troll packs and dyes!!!
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5

EricMusco
07.16.2013 , 04:31 PM | #122 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey guys,

I am getting that some of you are frustrated that there are also Operations coming in 2.4 as a PvP player. This is in no way taking away from the content you are getting. It just means that on top of being an update with PvP content, it also has PvE content in it as well. It is just a bigger update for everyone!

To specifically address some of the concerns I am seeing in the thread. First, the 4v4 Warzone Arenas are not scaled down versions of the current 8v8 maps. They are a brand new Warzone type (deathmatch) on their own brand new maps! Note: Plural! You will see more than one map at launch.

As some have said, this is not the only thing coming in 2.4. We have stated before in this thread the purpose of this is to give you an overview, it does not have every detail. Some of your other concerns...such as queuing for Ranked, will be addressed along with 2.4. We are still working on details and 2.4 is still a ways off. We will continue to release information as we lock things in.

I want to add on a personal note that one of the things I have enjoyed most over the past month or two at work is our twice a week Warzone Arena playtests. I am someone who primarily PvPs when I play SWTOR and they are so, so much fun. I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on them!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Yndras
07.16.2013 , 04:31 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
So the "big" PvP update is a singular 4x4 Warzone, and a new tier of gear to grind inn the same old other warzones?
Arena's is plural. Less rage and more read required.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

justandulas
07.16.2013 , 04:33 PM | #124
I'm hopeful 4x4 arenas aren't the only thing coming to PVP subs in 2.4, if so my sub is likely lost until the sssp (if thats even real, or pvp centric). I have supported SWTOR since before launch, brought my whole WoW guild over and stuck around after they left BECAUSE i enjoy the pvp so much in swtor. It's fast paced and enthralling, but woefully starved of content.

We didn't even get new valor ranks for this expansion. That takes all of a lunch break to code in. What gives? Is gabe the only pvp dev left in the office? Why the lack of meaningful content all expansion long? Pvp subs are subs too, and many people I know only sub for alts and pvp. Why treat us like second class subs? This massive pvp patch you've hyped all summer just sounds like it's more PVE centric, with some pvp gear and some arena's thrown in. It should have been multiple new warzones, arena's, new gear, new valor, the start of s1, some world pvp on the new planet, and maybe retire the old pvp ranks with the new ones for prestige sake. Please tell me there's alot more behind the curtain than just 4x4 arena's, if not this is the nail in the coffin for the pvp sub.....

I love SWTOR, but it's becoming clear that the PVP devs don't love the game as much as I do. /sigh. I guess SWTOR won't be the MMO I stay with long term if this is the respect they have for the pvp sub. Quit treating your pvp subs like 2nd class subs BW. You have a great pvp system, but you are killing it by never giving it support.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

MisterBlackJack
07.16.2013 , 04:33 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Uhm...do any of you realise that this is a preview and not the PATCH NOTES.

They said a lot of big things were coming for PvP in 2.4, not that it would be only pvp or mostly pvp. I don't remember them saying that.

They now gave us one example of what is coming. What part of this preview now makes you think that this is it? Honestly they said they were going to do some major things in 2.4 for pvp...they didn't say it would be pvp only or centric as far as I remember and again...these are not the patch notes. Ask questions for more information but these reactions about pvp only getting these extra warzones might be a bit premature.
^This. I whole heartily agree with this statement. I think some people are blowing this announcement WAY out of proportion. They even state that this isn't all that's coming. Yet people are reacting like this is the whole patch.

People need to remember that Bioware didn't even mention that a new companion would be coming with 2.3 until people saw it on the PTS. So just because something is not on the announcement boards doesn't mean it isn't there. People need to be patient until more info about 2.4. All Bioware is doing right now is throwing small teases slowly at a time.

Patience Young Padawans *in Obi-wan's voice*
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Leovinus
07.16.2013 , 04:35 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
Will you need to have 75s to run these new operations?
I sure as heck hope not. It would be disastrous to put Nightmare Mode and Story on the same progression track, as those two difficulties are not at all designed for the same groups of players.

MisterBlackJack
07.16.2013 , 04:35 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

I am getting that some of you are frustrated that there are also Operations coming in 2.4 as a PvP player. This is in no way taking away from the content you are getting. It just means that on top of being an update with PvP content, it also has PvE content in it as well. It is just a bigger update for everyone!

To specifically address some of the concerns I am seeing in the thread. First, the 4v4 Warzone Arenas are not scaled down versions of the current 8v8 maps. They are a brand new Warzone type (deathmatch) on their own brand new maps! Note: Plural! You will see more than one map at launch.

As some have said, this is not the only thing coming in 2.4. We have stated before in this thread the purpose of this is to give you an overview, it does not have every detail. Some of your other concerns...such as queuing for Ranked, will be addressed along with 2.4. We are still working on details and 2.4 is still a ways off. We will continue to release information as we lock things in.

I want to add on a personal note that one of the things I have enjoyed most over the past month or two at work is our twice a week Warzone Arena playtests. I am someone who primarily PvPs when I play SWTOR and they are so, so much fun. I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on them!

-eric
Darn you Musco, beating me with a response *shacks fist at clouds*
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

chuixupu
07.16.2013 , 04:36 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,
Thanks for the clarification, eric!
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

justandulas
07.16.2013 , 04:36 PM | #129
Ops are NOT what the PVP sub is looking for. Why the bait and switch BW?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

chuixupu
07.16.2013 , 04:37 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
Ops are NOT what the PVP sub is looking for. Why the bait and switch BW?
You don't find 4v4 arenas even remotely interesting?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant