Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YoshiRaphElan
07.16.2013 , 04:05 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Join the Czerka team! Please fill out the following application and respond in this thread to be considered for the open positions listed here.

CZ-198 Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
Spoiler

CZ-198 Application

I.

Wanted Job: Security Officer
Name: Chernan
Profession: Bounty hunter/Mandalorian warrior

Why do I want to be a part of the Czerka family? For the money. I have a wife and two sons. The sons can take care of themselves; they're old enough; but I am the man of the family. I provide. I always do.

II.

1. At the age of thirteen I killed my first strill–a deadly beast on Mandalore. They're great hunting animals and usually used as pets, but the wild ones can be quite difficult to defeat.
2. At age eighteen I took my first bounty; a gunslinger renegade from Corellia who had a 10,000 credit bounty on his head for the murder of three executives in CEC, as well as their families. He was worth 25,000 alive–but I took the "dead" bounty. I'm a Mandalorian; I don't take well to messing with families.
3. I was one of the Mandalorian captains that led the attack on Jicoln Cadera's traitors. We killed many and earned great honor that day.

III.

How do I do it? With all my might. Mandalorians train from an early age to be the greatest of warriors. I accomplished each achievement as a true Mandalorian would.

IV.

I like to think I have a strong moral compass. It is, at any rate, one that I created for myself. I follow my own honor code, not those of the "Bounty Hunters' Guild" that non-Mandalorians are a part of. There is strength in numbers–but reliance on others to keep you alive can make you soft. Something questionable? Shab, I'll do just about anything. Except for harm children and innocent women. That's where I draw the line. Don't make me cross it. I don't honor employers who don't have honor themselves.

V.

I'd drop the cocktail. Who cares about shabla drinks when the job is in jeopardy? I'll do what I have to do: my job. If the "experiment" could be saved, I'd save it. If not, I wouldn't hesitate to put a blaster bolt through its head.

PropheticDreams
07.16.2013 , 04:08 PM | #122
**********************************************ENCR YPTED**********************************

=>access Czerka/hq/sub/facility_234.0
denied
=>access Czerka/hw./sub/facility_234.0
granted
=>interface/workstation 243_78
/communicating.........
failed
=>reroute
>sublev_04/comm/a43667/uy_cw
/communicating.........
granted
=>access personnel/courtney_wood/workstation 5367_uw_hr/435.1
/communicating.........
granted

I don't know how much time I have....this message has to be quick. The "application" had to make it look official. This is only &*(##%(!)%( your terminal Ms. Woods.

I have information about upcoming Czerka projects in jeopardy by several powerful individuals, including *********#$#. ***************aoupwemv you get me into your corporation, and I'll tell them what I know. *********#%#$! transmission is *&(#$*#*&@ wipe *#(%*!& trail

/end transmission

cirruz
07.16.2013 , 04:08 PM | #123
Hm, interesting.
But I have no choice in the matter, I was appointed by Darth Jadus himself to serve as his hand(), this is my pride and this is my life. It will not change.

Sincerely,
The Hand.

Scythe
07.16.2013 , 04:09 PM | #124
Biochemical Engineer preferred but Research Contributor if found under-qualified

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

I have spent several years during peace time and in the restarted war searching the galaxy for interesting finds of scientific and archeological natures. More than once I have come into contact with Czerka teams and have been awed at the equipment they employ as well as the efficiency in which they use them. I have quite a bit of lab experience having worked on Taris, Coruscant, Quesh, and Voss (the technobeasts made by the Gormak are fascinating!). I have even seen the Sith station The Arcanum (don't tell the Empire) I've even seen what the Sith artifacts known as the Seeds of Rage can do (the prospect of weaponizing something like that is quite an exciting thought). If given access to Czerka lab facilities and equipment I am sure I would be a welcome asset.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

1) Recovering ancient Sith Holocrons from a dig near Sith Space
2) Successfully taming a Gormak techno-vorantikus without Gormak aid with minimal loss of life to my research team.
3) Using quesh venom to enhance kolto's healing ability. Again...with minimal loss to post-vorantikus research team.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

1) I contracted with the Imperial Reclamation Service through a Bounty Hunter contact I know who has worked with the Empire in the past. With the right...monetary coaxing I was granted dig permits. I uncovered two Sith Holocrons detailing alchemy and "creating monsters" according to my Force sensitive assistant's study into the Holocrons.

2) While on Voss my team and I ventured to the borders of the Gormak Lands and with a healthy balance of ion grenades and snares we were able to capture a vorantikus that the Gormak had turned cyborg. While it was unconscious we were able to map it's neural network and how the tech was grafted and with the correct stimuli tamed the creature! Only 3 assistants were killed.

3) Quesh venom is toxic, we all know this. But with the right tweaking makes great adrenals. Again, we know this. Well... Put slightly refined venom into kolto and what do you get? After 2 attempts a great new product! Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? Proper compensation was sent to the families of the two first test subjects.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

I would do anything for Science.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

Well, Sullustan Gin in hand, I would quickly assess the situation. Can I turn it in my favor to be the "hero"? Would said heroic advance me further? If yes I would take whatever action (without harm to myself) to take credit for any successes. If too hazardous I would lock the lab and initiate a full cleanse. Making sure to note in my incident report that the fault squarely sit with my colleague.
Anything for SCIENCE!

Lunafox
07.16.2013 , 04:11 PM | #125
Darth Fernal Alizarin,
Emperor's Wrath

Attention: Czerka Corp.
Position sought: Organism Handler

I direct my attention to the following, in response to your query:

CZ-198 Application

I am the Executioner of our Emperor's Will. I demonstrate His might to those who fail or question Him. As his Justice personified, I am tasked with seeking power and glory to compliment his reign. With Czerka, these aims could be achieved efficiently and with maximum results. He tolerates no failure, thus I alone, am qualified to serve Him, and work with you.

I have achieved wealth, status and prestige at a young age. My Legacy is at it's utmost and the future of me and mine is assured. I have brought glory to our Emperor. I wil disclose no further details, my work as Wrath will need to suffice.

I am persistent. I do not stop, until my goals are met. Pity the fool that stands in my way.

My compass points North, it points South, East and West. I see no morality here. I do what is required of me.

That would depend, if I was responsible for the care and well being of said experiment. If it were in my charge, in this colleagues absence, it would be subdued and it's confinement expanded. However, if the fool left it in such a way that it could escape, and I personally was not responsible for it, then by all means, I would allow it to do so. He was a fool and clearly undeserving of the esteem bestowed upon him. I would of course plant a tracking dot upon the experiment, so that I might locate it with ease, when Czerka required me to do so. And then of course, I would only be too glad to fatally reprimand my colleague, in Czerka's name.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

Jepic
07.16.2013 , 04:12 PM | #126
Droid Technician: Under supervision of Lead Technician, qualified applicants will guide the assembly and programming of state-of-the-art droids. Requires a strong understanding of motivators, complex circuitry, and combat algorithms.

I belive I a well qualified sniper who used to work exclusivly for the empire under the imperial intelegence. I work in the shadows and can do things with great secrecy.

1: The extensive use of cutting edge imperial technology in the field, fighting in both war game and against the rpublic. This includes reactivating an ancient and powerful droid and the extensive use of probes of all forms.
2. Near mastery of cyber technology, including implants of droid parts into ancient droids and even my own cybernetic implants.
3. aiding in defeating such monsters in the galaxy such as Dread Master Styrak and the legendary gree terror from beyond.

I make use of any resource I can to get the job done, I use large numbers of military technology, using such things as air strikes where needed and upgradding my sniper rifle with the best technology available. my cybernetic implants allow me to slice into droids and disable their systems along with being able to call in probes.

While I generally attempt to do the right thing to help others I have a good sense of right and wrong. However if the situation truly calls for it I will do something that is considdered questionable to either enhance my self of those around me, all while maintaining the thought that I tried to do the right thing.

Being an exelent engineer, I would quickly access the nearest computer terminal and use my cybernetic brain implants to allow me to quickly find the flaw in the confines that the experiment is about to use to break out. I would then attempt to repair the break in the containment cage and even if nessicary apply my own sheilding arrays to keep the experiment from escaping and ruining the experiment all while using my in built communicator to my cybernetics calling my colleague and informing him of the situation.

Monopolist
07.16.2013 , 04:14 PM | #127
Legacy Spokesman: Jumong
Legacy Name: Gogoryeo
Preferred Positions: 1) Security Officer 2) Research Contributor

Ever since we, the Goguryeo legacy, has established our footings on this galaxy, we have performed many deeds that have influenced the affairs of millions of denizens in ways that will resonate for many years to come. Our noble lineage starts from a union between Yuwha and Geumwa, former accountants of Big 4 accounting firms, who have laid aside their pens amidst galactic chaos caused by the war between the Republic and the Imperials, and have since, picked up arms, to bring order to the chaos. Their achievements are heralded with the birth of I, Daeso, and Soseono, who have continued to defend the galaxy from the greater threats (Makeb invasion) that have emerged from the distant corners of the worlds.

Speaking on behalf of the Legacy, I, Jumong, believe that partaking in the Czerka family is only a natural step in our never ending quest to bring betterment to both sides of orders. Members of our legacy are proficient in all fields of professions (crew skills) and our members are experts in their chosen fields, both force-using and non-force-using fields. As noted before, we were originally a family of accountants with extensive experience in corporate laws and auditing. Business blood runs in our veins and we firmly believe that we would be the best fit for the Czerka family.

Our Legacy prides in defending Makeb from the invasion of the Hutt Cartels and bringing peace for the planet’s denizens while securing substantial amount of Isotope-5 for the Imperials. After the defeat of the Hutt Cartel, we have continued to provide aids to the unfortunates of Makeb in a “daily” manner.

We also pride ourselves in being a Legacy that embrace and thrive on diversity. Despite the fact that half of our families are aligned with Imperials, we have completely debunked the notion of Sith racial superiority, and have borne children of many races including Rattataki, Twi’lek, and Chiss. Although I am currently a Sith myself, I was originally of Miraluka origin who has undergone plastic surgery to resemble my forefather, Geumwa.

Lastly, I pride myself in being the most renowned collector of the Cartel Market. Up to date, I have purchased more than 180 cartel packs to satiate my desire to collect rare antiquities and I can proudly boast that during my tenure, I have collected all the available vehicles and probably could boast with the biggest collection of armors and pets in the galaxy. My other unique collection includes the rarest rides in the galaxy including Korrealis Baron and Korrealis Commander.

My achievements mentioned above would not have been possible solely by my sole feats. It is through the dedication of diverse and capable members of my Goguryeo Legacy, that we were able to achieve our accomplishments. With a congruence of force-attuned and non-force attuned members aligned with both Republic and Imperials, we were able to accomplish any adversaries that we face. When it comes to unwavering diligence and patience, having two “Resplendent Crown of Avarice” and still owning 20 Cartel Market Certificate is the very testament to my desire to do “whatever it takes” to complete my goals.

Fortunately, my Goguryeo Legacy has diverse members who can abide by both ends of the “moral compass.” Some of our members adhere to strict moral conducts with unwavering wills to protect the denizens at all costs. We also have our dark force aligned members who will do anything to achieve our goals at all costs. If the Czerka Family is in need of those who follow a strong moral compass, you will greatly be appreciated of what we have to offer. If the Czerka Family is in need of jobs of questionable standings, we are also the perfect fit to satiate all your needs.

I am an ardent believer in the goods of corporations. It is only through the might of corporations, like the great Czerka, that could accomplish feats that a mere mortal cannot possibly accomplish. Despite the good standings that I maintain with this “esteemed colleague,” it would be an extreme ill-use of resources to have a renowned experiment only confined in the realm of a single scientist. As such, I would allow this experiment to run amok with the desire that it kills the “esteemed colleague.” Then, I would capture the fine specimen and present it to the Czerka.

CourtneyWoods
07.16.2013 , 04:14 PM | #128 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
To whomever it concerns,
Being in a family, means, among other things taking care of others, givin up your plans and ambitions in order to achieve something greater for the family, something better than bigger gun or more deadly poison. Czerka so far does not seem to respect any of those, such "family" statement is nothing but poor marketing propaganda that can only be welcome by those who are blind, deaf and lobotomized.
Would you care to explain why you tried to recover the ancient Rakata prisoner on Tatooine sacrifiyng your own "family members" and thousands of other, innocent lives? Is this what you do for the family?

Removing Czerka from Tatooine labs. Closing the site and destroying otherwise unstoppable evil you tried to "tame" for your own power. Even the Sith did not dare.
2. Gathering conflicted Galactic races (somethimes those no one else would even think is possible to co-operate with) into one board, and showing them a reason for common effort that brings long term benefits to all of them.
3. Ruthlessly removing any other threat created by any other greedy, power seeking cartel, or better say, gangs.

I took every step possible to overcome the problem without brute force. Much elegant solutions are within one's mind reach, but don't be mistaken I cannot remove hundreds of foes by one force blow.

The only "questionable" thing is how long Czerka is going to survive when I join your ranks. My Shadow will be your final act.

I would be happy to use that as a showcase of another poorly coordinated, completely mishandled project at Czerka, requesting to immediately shut down that nest of scum and villany which, in fact your corporation is. Not that Czerka differs much from any other greedy, deprived of any morality corporation on any planet in the Galaxy

Not sincerely yours,

Leaia
Leaia,

Unfortunately I must inform you that Mr. Blys has rejected your application as you appear to be outwardly hostile towards our beloved Corporation. We believe you could be a great asset, perhaps in the future we can meet on friendlier terms.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AlyxDinas
07.16.2013 , 04:18 PM | #129

My name is Alyx Dinas. I am an ex-employee of Corellian Transports and Exports, a shipping concern within the Galactic Republic. During my time with the company, I achieved a position of leadership and managed various company events and mediated interpersonal disputes. I believe this makes me a clear choice for a security officer at Czerka Corporation. I am forward, direct, and tackle situations quickly and efficiently.

Why do I want to be part of the Czerka family? Probably because you used the word family.

The galaxy is not a kind place. It has more negative space between the stars than you'd imagine. And even stars die. People leave. Initiatives fail. Friendships collapse into black holes. After a while, you start to feel that there's no place where you can achieve something. Be someone. No place where you're welcome.

I want to join Czerka because I want a family. Better yet, I want a family I can make proud. That I can serve to the best of my abilities and can offer me work that makes me go home at the day satisfied in a complete way. I want to join Czerka because I want to be something more than myself.

I want to join Czerka because, maybe, just maybe, we'll create more stars.

- I created and continue to maintain an extensive program to track wanted criminals across the galaxy. This system has received countless mentions on the public holonet over the last standard galactic year.

- I managed the security for two large swoop races, one of which (The CTE Vertical City Swoopstakes) was also subject to recognition on the holo.

- Prior to the massive reset of these holonet forums, I wrote an article regarding the Republic Military that was permanently attached to the top of the forum frequented by Republic Troopers.

((I believe it was the only stickied RP guide in the website's history.))

Success require commitment. Most people say they will do something because they enjoy being able to tell people that they are doing something. People of achievement? They say the will do something because they will do it. They will labor for hours over the small detail, they will look at all angles to make sure that their work is not just good work but excellent work.

My own achievements give me no shortage of pride. They are initiatives of scale, recognized by peers. But that's not why we push ourselves to succeed. It's not why I worked to do what I did. Recognition is a side note.

I said I would achieve, so I did. I can look other people in the eye and know that through my time and my efforts I've created something of my own. Something that people shared in. Something that left a mark.

Not everyone can work on the cure for Brainrot or Silicalung. Work is work. What matters is if the work is fulfilling. That's what makes you sleep at night. Knowing that you did a fine job at something.

So, would my moral compass get in the way of my job? Not at all. Why? Because the job's my compass.

I would first check to see if I knew the experiment's general position in the company's concerns. Czerka does a strong job of categorizing projects with quick call up designations. This would take little more than a few seconds with my datapad. If the experiment is above the middle line of projected worth, I would call for an immediate evacuation and subsequent quarantine of the area until specimen control could arrive.

However, should the experiment not meet this criteria (ie. the cost of specimen sterilization is minor compared to the cost of their release), I would order sterilization immediately in order to prevent risk to any other experiments, prototypes, or projects of value. Also, employees.

In either case, my coworker will be immediately reported and a follow up of security suggestions would be forwarded to the proper parties.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

shonenjumpstyle
07.16.2013 , 04:20 PM | #130
(If this some sort of roleplay thing or an actual selection thing I don't know, anyways I'll give it a shot.)
CZ-198 Application: Droid Technician

I am a tip-top of the line bio-mechanical and genetic masterpiece, selectively bred by Imperial Research and Development and implanted with the most cutting edge enhancements available. Having been involved in both the Imperial Intelligence Service as well as the Republic Strategic Intelligence Service, I have extensive knowledge of both Imperial and Republic designs, facilities, and information on high-ranking personnel. I have a long experience with working with as well as slicing droids, and a history with combat experience. My interest in Czerka comes from my fascination in mechanical technology, and I believe that Czerka can help me further my research to further both Czerka's and my own advancement in the field of droid engineering.

-I have successfully reprogrammed and refitted a 2V-R8 Imperial Ship Droid into a stunningly efficient and battle-ready combat medic.
-Rebuilt and improved a Czerka HK-51 assassin droid.
-Defeated Sith Lord and Dark Council member Darth Jadus

Reprogramming and refitting the 2V-R8 droid took patience and precision, having to replace and modify several parts and rewire several components to fit my standards. The schematics and parts of the HK droid were by no means easy to obtain, and I was required to venture into several dangerous areas throughout the galaxy to acquire different parts. In addition, I used my connections throughout the galaxy to obtain the AI regulator from a shifty Twi'lek smuggler. The Sith Lord was quite difficult, considering the man shot lightning from his hands. However, with considerable planning and consideration, I put my own life at risk to defeat him. Though working with droids does not involve high danger situations, I do believe I would do whatever it takes to succeed in my work.

Though personally I prefer to leave killing to my droids, I do not refrain from doing anything required for success. As it is there is a war raging on and morals must be set aside to ensure victory. Asked to do something questionable, I would most likely deduct reasons it may be required and carry on however instructed.

If placed in this situation, I would notify said colleague and attempt to disable or contain said experiment by whatever means necessary without inflicting too much damage on said colleagues work. However, if said experiment is beyond control of said colleague or myself, deadly force may be necessary.